The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on bruh...Just because there were "a lot" of pairs doesn't necessarily mean there were enough pairs. The mark was missed by a wide margin.
People strike out, it happens to the best of us. I've struck out on releases, oh well. There were definitely more of these than Chicagos.

No store in my district even received Chicagos. 5 stores received these.

I hear ya. I'm just saying more =/= a lot. Yeah several other places received these but if it's nothing more than one fsr then it really doesn't matter much.

We've seen JB flood the market with certain releases this year and the positive consumer implications it has. Granted it will never happen with NA 1's but that's how I define "a lot."

If you don't take that, I probably would lol. I have like 4 or 5 pairs of the '88s. Albeit their Breds would have to be 9.5s and they'd have to wear a 10.5 
laugh.gif

Bruh have you ever been on ebay? My boy sold '88 WC3 size 9.5 for $500 two weeks ago. Trust me its more than a fair deal and not even close to a steal.

Last edited:
Brace yourselves.....RESTOCKS ARE COMING.

They'd be silly not to consistently restock this shoe. I'd keep restocking this shoe until it went from instant sell out to gradual sell out. Even resellers will lose appeal in a shoe if it is consistently made readily available.

They might dip down to that, but then back up, next week and week after probably the best if anyone looking for a pair.
Then go back down again on restocks and then start climbing again till the '19 pairs drop. Calling it now
I remember people paying 450 for Chi 1s for peace of mind after the release. They collapsed like WorldCom stock
They'd be silly not to consistently restock this shoe. I'd keep restocking this shoe until it went from instant sell out to gradual sell out. Even resellers will lose appeal in a shoe if it is consistently made readily available.

Last edited by a moderator:
my triplets

If you don't take that, I probably would lol. I have like 4 or 5 pairs of the '88s. Albeit their Breds would have to be 9.5s and they'd have to wear a 10.5 
laugh.gif

Bruh have you ever been on ebay? My boy sold '88 WC3 size 9.5 for $500 two weeks ago. Trust me its more than a fair deal and not even close to a steal.
Yes, I've been on eBay; I was literally looking for 9.5s and 10s an hour or less before I replied. And you could get probably $600 for both Breds today with no issues and rather quickly, maybe $800 in the not too distance future. I have 4/5 pairs of '88s. It would be a no brainer for ME.

Last edited:
Curious if anyone thinks timing of your entry for the Nike draw can affect your chances of being selected, Nike software has to consider time of entry in their selections, no? Otherwise it would be like first come first serve methodology

I don't think it really matters when or how you signed up on SNKRS. I entered four times back-to-back from Chrome web browser, and only one hit for a W. Last time I used the Android SNKRS app to lock down two pairs of Cement VI's; one on release day, and the other from a restock.

I see. I thought it was the inconsistent tumbling of the Swooshes. 3 of the 4 Swooshes in my pair were pretty much identical in tumbling; the fourth was hardly tumbled. Go figure. Although I preferred that. :lol:

Will check for the stitching issues, if any. They looked pretty much perfect initially

You could iron over a damp cloth on the Swoosh's leather to minimize the tumbled texture. I prefer non-tumbled as well.

Nike's raffle is randomized. That's what makes it a raffle....they take all the entries that came in, scrub it for multiple entries and then randomly pull using a computer.

Yes, I've been on eBay; I was literally looking for 9.5s and 10s an hour or less before I replied. And you could get probably $600 for both Breds today with no issues and rather quickly, maybe $800 in the not too distance future. I have 4/5 pairs of '88s. It would be a no brainer for ME.
Actually I mis-read your original post so my bad. 4/5 pairs? You don't keep count. lol! But, I see your point. People are offer $300 on ebay by pp invoice right? Those deals are easy. People on here have negotiated $280 as well. With two pairs you could negotiate $290 each as a combined deal. Come on if they are really that hard to negotiate with just wait it out. I think those prices will be had even individually next week. $400 a pair price will be seen momentarily before restocks. Definitive and unchanging $400 price will take over year once ebay is mostly dried out. Unless this so called Jordan bubble bursts 
roll.gif

You could iron over a damp cloth on the Swoosh's leather to minimize the tumbled texture. I prefer non-tumbled as well.

Last edited:

Actually I mis-read your original post so my bad. 4/5 pairs? You don't keep count. lol! But, I see your point. People are offer $300 on ebay by pp invoice right? Those deals are easy. People on here have negotiated $280 as well. With two pairs you could negotiate $290 each as a combined deal. Come on if they are really that hard to negotiate with just wait it out. I think those prices will be had even individually next week. $400 a pair price will be seen momentarily before restocks. Definitive and unchanging $400 price will take over year once ebay is mostly dried out. Unless this so called Jordan bubble bursts 
roll.gif
Yeah. I have too many shoes 
grin.gif
. Probably over 200 pairs, maybe? I'm afraid to count because I'll know how much money I'm wasting. I have shoes split between, Florida, Houston, and San Diego lol. I know I have a 9.5, 10, and 2 10.5s. I can't remember whether I had an extra 10 since I don't have all of my shoes in front of me. There are times I open boxes and realize I completely forgot I had a certain pair; sad really.

In any case, in addition to me just liking 1s, they'll certainly last a lot longer than my 3s even though BC 3s are one of my favorites; I have a hard time picking just 1 as the top dog. I wish I actually purchased more '88s when I could have. I lived in Houston during the All Star Game, but not 1 came from a brick and mortar store.

Last edited:
came home from a long day at work and find that I won the SNKRS drawing...Life is good. :smokin I'm sure these will restock.

Seeing how fire this shoe only makes me wonder...how epic will it's next return be???......it will def have og hang tags and more square neck topped off with fatter swoosh.

grin.gif
. Probably over 200 pairs, maybe? I'm afraid to count because I'll know how much money I'm wasting. I have shoes split between, Florida, Houston, and San Diego lol. I know I have a 9.5, 10, and 2 10.5s. I can't remember whether I had an extra 10 since I don't have all of my shoes in front of me. There are times I open boxes and realize I complete forgot I had a certain pair; sad really.

In any case, in addition to me just liking 1s, they're certainly last a lot longer than my 3s even though BC 3s are one of my favorites; I have a hard time picking just 1 as the top dog. I wish I actually purchased more '88s when I could have. I lived in Houston during the All Star Game, but not 1 came from a brick and mortar store.
I feel you. I got 40 pairs, but I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. Always paranoid about losing them since I have moved a lot in the last few years. Moving and being a sneakerhead is such a pain. For now, shoes seem like an investment...but since we only take advantage of increasing shoe prices by buying more shoes...hard to still call it an investment really. lol! Seeing how things are going I feel like WC3 and BC3 remastered with NA are inevitable in the next 2 years so I don't mind trading my extra 88 WC3 pair. God I'll probably have a tear in my eye if/when BC3 remastereds get announced. 3 pairs minimum resale or not. They are in my Top 5 shoes of all time.
Seeing how fire this shoe only makes me wonder...how epic will it's next return be???......it will def have og hang tags and more square neck topped off with fatter swoosh.

Last edited:

grin.gif
. Probably over 200 pairs, maybe? I'm afraid to count because I'll know how much money I'm wasting. I have shoes split between, Florida, Houston, and San Diego lol. I know I have a 9.5, 10, and 2 10.5s. I can't remember whether I had an extra 10 since I don't have all of my shoes in front of me. There are times I open boxes and realize I complete forgot I had a certain pair; sad really.

In any case, in addition to me just liking 1s, they're certainly last a lot longer than my 3s even though BC 3s are one of my favorites; I have a hard time picking just 1 as the top dog. I wish I actually purchased more '88s when I could have. I lived in Houston during the All Star Game, but not 1 came from a brick and mortar store.
I feel you. I got 40 pairs, but I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. Always paranoid about losing them since I have moved a lot in the last few years. Moving and being a sneakerhead is such a pain. For now, shoes seem like an investment...but since we only take advantage of increasing shoe prices by buying more shoes...hard to still call it an investment really. lol! Seeing how things are going I feel like WC3 and BC3 remastered with NA are inevitable in the next 2 years so I don't mind trading my extra 88 WC3 pair. God I'll probably have a tear in my eye if/when BC3 remastereds get announced. 3 pairs minimum resale or not. They are in my Top 5 shoes of all time.
Yeah, OGs are a must. To be honest, I don't wear Jordan's that much anymore more, but anything close OG, or with the NA in the back, I'm usually game for multiples.

Wear more Ultra/Pure Boosts, Flyknit Racers, Asics Gel Lyte 3s and Vs, Saucony, Diadora,and other runners more. I'm rarely in these threads these days unless it's an OG colorway release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom