THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I like the way the Warhawks look but that's something I'd never wear the shark teeth on the midsole is hard to get used to at first lol

Last edited:
I like the way the Warhawks look but that's something I'd never wear the shark teeth on the midsole is hard to get used to at first lol
yeah i def understand.  conceptually, if youre into fighter jets or patriotism, yeah i can see that. i feel the execution is just off.  its a runner's version of sb campy, in your face, overdone, disney club  concepts.  i also get perhaps, that these are being voted up or have popularity as a collectors item, but aesthetically, i dont see how nike would want to offer this as a mass marketing strategy to make money.  

yeah i def understand.  conceptually, if youre into fighter jets or patriotism, yeah i can see that. i feel the execution is just off.  its a runner's version of sb campy, in your face, overdone, disney club  concepts.  i also get perhaps, that these are being voted up or have popularity as a collectors item, but aesthetically, i dont see how nike would want to offer this as a mass marketing strategy to make money.  
Yeah I was a big fan of fighter jets growing up since my grandfather is WWII veteran and had friends he served with that flew in the Air Force that's one of the reasons I love the midsole on the Jordan Vs but not so much on the AM90s :lol:

Yeah I was a big fan of fighter jets growing up since my grandfather is WWII veteran and had friends he served with that flew in the Air Force that's one of the reasons I love the midsole on the Jordan Vs but not so much on the AM90s :lol:

And that's totally cool. Dont get why some designers don't understand, less is more. The warhawks could've been crazy Ill if they did some fighter jet embroidered on tongue or heel. Or used patterns of sheet metal rivets in discrete areas as a tribute to said concept. Same with moon landings. Idk, maybe I'm just old.

And that's totally cool. Dont get why some designers don't understand, less is more. The warhawks could've been crazy Ill if they did some fighter jet embroidered on tongue or heel. Or used patterns of sheet metal rivets in discrete areas as a tribute to said concept. Same with moon landings. Idk, maybe I'm just old.
Yeah there's a lot that could've been to make it better imo too but it is what it is. hope Nike does bring back some of the shoes that don't win the poll because there's a lot of dope stuff there

Im new here, commenting that is. but niketalk has been a source for years. In 1990 I was a freshman in college and copped my 1st AM90s and in 91 copped the Persians. Over the decades ive bought like a junkie and sparingly.. this Air Max Day vote is garbage.. moons are lame, hideous to say the least.. no Pattas, you gotta be kidding me.!! The fix is in.. half the kicks on the list I wouldn't drop a dime on.. another year, not coppin in AM Day.. but ill cop the Persians I had in 1991 an take a stroll down memory lane... ea_CBS

I'm really loving the AM1 monochrome florals, any good leads on them? I found them on a few of the Euro sites, but don't think I can pull the trigger at $155+ usd shipped.

Also, if I get them, this will be my first venture in AM1's, as I've been a AM90 loyalist; sizing is similar right? I do go up .5 from my TTS in AM90's but could also go TTS - AM1's look a bit narrower so wondering how the fit is.

Thanks in advance!

I'm really loving the AM1 monochrome florals, any good leads on them? I found them on a few of the Euro sites, but don't think I can pull the trigger at $155+ usd shipped.

Also, if I get them, this will be my first venture in AM1's, as I've been a AM90 loyalist; sizing is similar right? I do go up .5 from my TTS in AM90's but could also go TTS - AM1's look a bit narrower so wondering how the fit is.

Thanks in advance!

Tts. I know for me am1 is tts. 90s are inconsistent for me. Others say tts. The monochrome florals are also called am1 gpx. Find on eBay for under 80-100.

Last edited:
So many people whining aboout how a vote is turning out?
"F Nike"....Seriously?
Just goes to show that there a lot of more people that like different shoes/colorways than those who are literally whining like little kids right now.
Times change...so suck it up and quit whining about a vote that's not going your way.

Oh yeah, NT isn't the end all/be all sneaker community in this world.

Last edited:
this thread needs cleanin up its the am1 thread not the vote thread.
but il add why we here [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji] I accidently voted for the obsedian 95s but i dont understand as most the kicks are of recent.
I want to see that tailwind come back or that 90 with 360 bubble? never even knew they existed.
what about that 90 they say they made the tooling up n upgraded it but i dont see 90s with them ice soles on?

As for am1s only ever had 1 pair as a kid. been looking at them hard lately as they real cheap but 1st I like dont seem to drop price vts. got am1 lunars but dont think they to tuff.

want a retro of the tailwinds!

Back
Top Bottom