THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

@Mrphist

Michael scott: 
Here it is, heart of New York City, Times Square. Named for the good times you have when you're in it. Most people when they come to New York, they go straight to the Empire State Building, that's pretty touristy. I come here. Great places to eat. [points] We have Bubba Gump Shrimp, Red Lobster down there. Ya know. This is, this is the heart of civilization, right here.  

[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Been in line since 2. I just see people walking out with little boxes, probably the laser cut models of AMs
It the Kith Treats X SNKRS cereal boxes.

I was registered for the Nike ID HTM session and was let right in thru the Gold line as soon as I got there (which was great cause the line was prob 400 deep). Got in and got a tour by some reps, they took us through the facility, got to vote (got the pin), take pics, collect my free poster and free cereal, designed a tshirt (I skipped the madness of the laser am90's, safari am1 and tour am 0) and I sat in on the first nike ID HTM session (which was disappointing, nothing different from what's on the app).  Overall I enjoyed it, I spoke some of the exhibitors (Joya, Mr Flawless etc) and avoided the crazy line to purchase sneakers. Was a decent Con, would love to see the event grow and be focused around exhibitors and showcasing of design instead of the glorified sneaker store it kind of was today. 

honestly, i'd suggest taking in the city rather than waiting in line for air max con. Unless you plan on getting there very early you're likely going to miss out on some of the better releases. This is of course imo.

I appreciate that man. Yeah my wife and I are planning on enjoying the city for the first time. I really did want to stop by air max con. But Honestly I'm cool if i don't get safaris. I just scored hufquakes for a good deal so I'm feelin good. Haha!

So hopefully towards the end of the day the line will die down and I can walk in. To just see everything and maybe buy a shirt. The event goes pretty late doesn't it? Has it died down at all today? Or still a madhouse?

Let me get y'all opinion...I have a pair of zebra striped flat laces from the Nike SB dazzle...would it be dope to throw those in the safari airmax or am I doing too much running w the safari theme?

Last edited:
honestly, i'd suggest taking in the city rather than waiting in line for air max con. Unless you plan on getting there very early you're likely going to miss out on some of the better releases. This is of course imo.

I appreciate that man. Yeah my wife and I are planning on enjoying the city for the first time. I really did want to stop by air max con. But Honestly I'm cool if i don't get safaris. I just scored hufquakes for a good deal so I'm feelin good. Haha!

So hopefully towards the end of the day the line will die down and I can walk in. To just see everything and maybe buy a shirt. The event goes pretty late doesn't it? Has it died down at all today? Or still a madhouse?

You will be able to walk in later on at night. I just left and there was no line... The downside is you won't be able to customize anything.

Today was a waste.

You will be able to walk in later on at night. I just left and there was no line... The downside is you won't be able to customize anything.

Today was a waste.

Won't be able to customize anything? Not even a shirt? Dang sorry to hear it was a waste. Did everything sell out? Sorry for all the questions

so is am con just a front for heads picking up safaris?  am i just going to wait on line to watch others copp safaris?

not feeling that.  i want to see some cool stuff and look at old color ways i cant get my hands on.  not tryna be part of this safari hype.  

All I want is to enjoy an afternoon at an AM exhibit. Sort of like an interactive Sneaker Freaker Air Max Extravaganza issue.
Not interested in buying anything at all.
Hope saturday isn't a **** show but I expect it to be

All I want is to enjoy an afternoon at an AM exhibit. Sort of like an interactive Sneaker Freaker Air Max Extravaganza issue.
people will be queuing at 7am - opens at 12 I believe. It will be savage. 

Get a gold bracelet if you want to enjoy yourself w/ easy entry. 

Line today after I went in at 2p was easily a thousand deep.

Air Max Con was dope. Today was the only day I could go, but I think that's for the best. It's going to be a super zoo the next two days (mind you, it was a zoo today). The designers were so cool to talk to, the shoes were wavy, and the venue had so many nice features. Great experience!

nike should just create and official historical museum, not like shoeseum.  but no, its all about $$$ so of course theyre going to sell ish. 
masters of air vol. 1 was excellent! bravo nike
i def loved it.  couldnt done without tinker's plug at the end.  yes, i know his poster is what all the nike hypebeast beat it to, but i just want to see kicks.  and people who own kicks.  

7am!!!  i planned on getting the train in at 1030.  am i screwing myself going in this late?  how does one acquire a gold bracelet?

Air Max Con was dope. Today was the only day I could go, but I think that's for the best. It's going to be a super zoo the next two days (mind you, it was a zoo today). The designers were so cool to talk to, the shoes were wavy, and the venue had so many nice features. Great experience!
how early did you get there, and was your evaluation on air max day influenced by some purchase?

Last edited:

Wow that's a lot of heads for a Thursday. What's the gold bracelet?

Yea info. I doubt I'll be able to get into NYC on sat util 11

Wow that's a lot of heads for a Thursday. What's the gold bracelet?

Well I bought all the htm shoes at kith. So the Hiroshi got me a gold bracelet for today, the tinker for tomorrow and the mark for Saturday. I just walked right in at 1:50, went to the wall got the pairs I wanted, did a few laps and left. But the madness that came in after me was insane. People were thirsting for the safaris. 12 sold out fast, then 15. By 2:30 I don't think there was a size over 11. My guess is that if you walked in past 3 to buy something you wanted (safari or zeros), they were gone.

Seeing that video just makes me wanna buy more air max and really get my quantity level up.
im sure theres a lot we're not seeing.  i dont think its as fantastical as one being good at seeking out shoes.  these "masters" have to have a connect somewhere down the line.  heads in here who we respect are good at finding ish, but this is on another level.  8 pairs in the world, and they have them?  thats not like they flew into said location and waited for them.  correct me if im wrong, but theres def more details to their collection than is glorified. 

i mean dude from mexico just started 6 years ago.  how do you become a master of air and have that type of collection in 6 years?  either a lot of money, or a lot of knowing the right people.  

nonetheless, like you, it makes me want to seek out quality stuff.  or the very least, jump on quality releases instead of passing because i think they'll sit. 

Last edited:
Well I bought all the htm shoes at kith. So the Hiroshi got me a gold bracelet for today, the tinker for tomorrow and the mark for Saturday. I just walked right in at 1:50, went to the wall got the pairs I wanted, did a few laps and left. But the madness that came in after me was insane. People were thirsting for the safaris. 12 sold out fast, then 15. By 2:30 I don't think there was a size over 11. My guess is that if you walked in past 3 to buy something you wanted (safari or zeros), they were gone.
Safaris didn't even last til 3

Back
Top Bottom