THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So I went to the AM Con today. Got there around 12 or so. Lines was pretty long and I'm guessing tomorrows going to be worst. Some guys are saying they're going to go around 5 or 6. Earliest guy today was 8ish from what I heard. Quite a few skippers. Like a bunch came around 1 and skipped almost to the front. 
mean.gif
 Saw a guy stop someone from skipping and the skipper threaten to kick his ***, but was all talk. After that, he just stood right behind him. Honestly, not worth getting into a fight for sneakers, but hey, money talks. Spoke to a nike staff and they said the winning shoe will most likely come out at next years am day and will be limited. Take it with a grain of salt. Got the LOC pack, but did not get the am lasers. Most people went for the safaris, but I pass cause they didn't have my size. And they sold out of shirts and lace lock today and said people who ordered today can pick it up tomorrow and does not come with pin. 
mean.gif
 If you're planning to go tomorrow and buy the hype stuff and don't care about the free stuff or atmosphere, either go early or don't go at all.

So I went to the AM Con today. Got there around 12 or so. Lines was pretty long and I'm guessing tomorrows going to be worst. Some guys are saying they're going to go around 5 or 6. Earliest guy today was 8ish from what I heard. Quite a few skippers. Like a bunch came around 1 and skipped almost to the front. 
mean.gif
 Saw a guy stop someone from skipping and the skipper threaten to kick his ***, but was all talk. After that, he just stood right behind him. Honestly, not worth getting into a fight for sneakers, but hey, money talks. Spoke to a nike staff and they said the winning shoe will most likely come out at next years am day and will be limited. Take it with a grain of salt. Got the LOC pack, but did not get the am lasers. Most people went for the safaris, but I pass cause they didn't have my size. And they sold out of shirts and lace lock today and said people who ordered today can pick it up tomorrow and does not come with pin. 
mean.gif
 If you're planning to go tomorrow and buy the hype stuff and don't care about the free stuff or atmosphere, either go early or don't go at all.
but you had a chance to physically get them, having only gotten there 2 hours early? 

I guess consensus is to go later in the evening when the hype stuff is sold out and the hypebeasts clear the way
Yup. If you want to actually enjoy the con and not just make money.

but you had a chance to physically get them, having only gotten there 2 hours early? 
Yup. Big sizes left, like 11 and up. But can't say for tomorrow because its a weekend and more people are off on Saturday. I think most people trying to go early tomorrow are aiming for the laser because theyre all saying they're going for X amount on ebay and they're all on that hype train now. Don't blame them cause the box looks nice. Would be nicer if its a AM 1 instead of a 90 imo.

Nice! How did you get yours long and flat rather than pushed back like some other reshaped pairs?

I did it this time without iron. I saw a thread on air max 1 fb group and decided to try it..
1. I stuffed the toe box with a small towel
2. I placed on the edge of a table with the toe off the table and slowly put pressure down on the toe box to bend it downwards. Do that a few times and it should give you that flat look.

Last edited:
no way she can beat doreece, that guy is like a sneaker godzilla and doreece also owned a pair of albert heijns

I fully back AMD - Doreece's collection is ridiculous... I have had the pleasure of obtaining some pairs from him. His collection is insane. INSANE. And the fact that he is a US11 make it even crazier hard to find stuff in big sizes..

based off the clip, these people love their kicks as much as we do. but do they love the process of acquiring the sneaker as much as your average sneaker head. idk. cant speak for any of them. i do like homey from japan that said he was killing cabbage just to have money for a sneaker. i think he is humble and loves all aspects of the game.

But ultimately I also agree with this - everyone is just like us and loves the shoes and has the same passion -but the acquiring aspect...different story.

Last edited:
I did it this time without iron. I saw a thread on air max 1 fb group and decided to try it..
1. I stuffed the toe box with a small towel
2. I placed on the edge of a table with the toe off the table and slowly put pressure down on the toe box to bend it downwards. Do that a few times and it should give you that flat look.

Nice thanks. You think it'll stay or go back to the original shape in time?

^^^ should stay.. All my am1 that I've reshaped have stayed with the new shape

I'm really not trying to deal with hypebeasts, but really want to go to the Con tomorrow. Plus I already cleaned up my APC 1s haha. I'm hoping if I swing through around 3ish, it'll have calmed down a bit.

FYI, don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but NTNY has a customization shop set up that sounds similar to the Con (definitely tees, not sure about shoe lasering). They even had a sneaker cleaning station.

I'm really not trying to deal with hypebeasts, but really want to go to the Con tomorrow. Plus I already cleaned up my APC 1s haha. I'm hoping if I swing through around 3ish, it'll have calmed down a bit.

FYI, don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but NTNY has a customization shop set up that sounds similar to the Con (definitely tees, not sure about shoe lasering). They even had a sneaker cleaning station.

I was going to roll to niketown or Mercer if con was hella crazy. Still a good sneaker experience.

You guys see that Stevey Ryder got the invite yesterday at Air Max Con to go to Nike HQ and meet Tinker? Now that's a nice touch by Nike...maybe he can talk some sense into the shape situation ha..

When I got out around 430, lines was still around how long it was when they started letting people in. Maybe slightly less.

Who cares if she was brought up with money? Since when did it become a negative that someone's parents worked hard to set their kid up so they didn't have to. Who's parent would be like nah, I want my kid to struggle. Doesn't make any sense.
no way that she would made it to the MOA vid if her daddy didnt bought her all the sneakers

if her old man didnt sponsored her she maybe had 100 pairs or even less lol
laugh.gif

Eh, well if you can't beat em, join em I guess. Might as well show up early and try for the safaris.
Well the staff said there will be more pairs tomorrow than the past 2 days and others unreleased the past 2 days. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Had them in hand. Materials are on point. Super soft suede. Bit on the heavy side. Didn't try them on so don't know if it's TTS.

I feel like I want to attempt to scoop the tans, if I don't like them I can always return them but assuming I'd go half size down with them being so thin.

Back
Top Bottom