THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So... AM1 Delux. I'm at a loss for this one. On one hand, the materials are great. No doubt great quality in terms of both material grade and construction. The upper... From behind the toe box to the heel is 10/10 great work. I am having trouble with the toe area though. The shoe fits awesome everywhere but the toe box. I can wiggle my toes around with the extra room. I did try to re-shape, but the extra material in the toe area prevents it from holding the new position since there is no tension on the toe box area when laced. (See pic 3 for the extra toe material. It literally hangs over the edge of the sole) That being said, they are shaped better than most of the shoes lately, but they still aren't up to 2015 pendelton shape. I do still prefer the pendeltons over these in terms of comfort and shape. Quality wise, they are both great. Idk what to do... Return or rock them. They look good, but that damn toe. Story of our lives in here though. Have a good Sunday, fam.

Last edited:
just rock them and enjoy them it may just be because I'm not into AMs as much as some of you guys are but i really dont care for the toe box the shoe looks great on feet 

So... AM1 Delux. I'm at a loss for this one. On one hand, the materials are great. No doubt great quality in terms of both material grade and construction. The upper... From behind the toe box to the heel is 10/10 great work. I am having trouble with the toe area though. The shoe fits awesome everywhere but the toe box. I can wiggle my toes around with the extra room. I did try to re-shape, but the extra material in the toe area prevents it from holding the new position since there is no tension on the toe box area when laced. (See pic 3 for the extra toe material. It literally hangs over the edge of the sole) That being said, they are shaped better than most of the shoes lately, but they still aren't up to 2015 pendelton shape. I do still prefer the pendeltons over these in terms of comfort and shape. Quality wise, they are both great. Idk what to do... Return or rock them. They look good, but that damn toe. Story of our lives in here though. Have a good Sunday, fam.
lol first you are prasing them that the shape isnt that bad all and all that kind of stuff, now you've got them in hand and came to the conclusion that they suck, how can you even accept that a $150 shoe got a wanky toebox shape and that the toebox is hanging out over the midsole edge is that normal ??, for instance i wouldnt bought them at all, but if i have them in my possesion i would return them asap

Last edited:
$160. Realistically, they do look good on foot. And anyone besides Air Max people are going to say they look good. We are a picky bunch. Do I settle for a quality build shoe that isn't 100% og shape or pass?!? Idk fam. Just making due with the options we currently have available.

In the end, any money spent on something you are not happy with is a questionable purchase. If you are happy with them then that is that. The buy what you like comments are the truest because about 98% of the world is probably not going to give a flying f about your shoes. But if it bugs you, that is the most important thing, because that will probably not change. I do believe the square toe changes the whole silhouette of the shoe, so I choose to iron the ones that need it in my eyes, because it bugs me, not for anyone else. But listen to those little nagging voices in the back of your head, most of the time they speak the truth. Im waiting to see whats up with the supposed overhaul in 2017 on any og builds for now, though.

Last edited:
These are the times I'm happy Nike has the return policy they do. I'm going to give them a few wears and see what happens.

But that's very true. If I'm not 100% on them, it's not money well spent.

... Why the hell do we take sneakers so serious??? Hahaha

Thats what my wife is always asking me.:tongue: . I can pack a suitcase for a couple of weeks in 30 minutes, but sneaks? Thats like a few hours.:rofl:

And yes, with the way the return policy is set up, it allows for so much freedom to buy buy buy!

These are the times I'm happy Nike has the return policy they do. I'm going to give them a few wears and see what happens.

But that's very true. If I'm not 100% on them, it's not money well spent.

... Why the hell do we take sneakers so serious??? Hahaha

edit

Last edited:

LCDs are slept on.  i like the whole pack. big ups for rocking some off the cuff type ish.  tired of the same flyknit convo day in day out.  its nice to see actual am 1 sneakers instead of what the hypebeast peekaboo subscribers bring about when sneakernews hits their inbox with the latest thing hatfield had a wet dream about; like all these sock puppet swimmy moccasins with ultra bottoms. 

Last edited:
Just left Niketown Chi. Returned my OG red flyknits I bought I release day - I left them in my car for just a tad too long..they were wearable but it kept bothering me how tight they were now. I wanted to return them for another pair of OG red but didn't feel like explaining my weird sizing issue bc I would essentially be returning them for the same shoe in the same size haha. So I just for the Oreo pair and decided I would re-buy the Reds with a discount code if that one still works on footlocker or wherever it was.

Girl tried telling me I owed $38 at the register though...I was like just because I used a coupon on the Reds doesn't mean it all of a sudden disappears when I exchange them for the same pair of shoes haha. Some people...

In other news if none of you know my buddy DB I suggest you give him a follow. This picture should tell you why...and he would have one more pair of dams if he hadn't sold them to me a few years ago haha. Crazy collection and low key..

Let go of all that hate brah
if the shoe fits homey.  or even if it doesnt, because i know ya'll will do what you can to get into them FKs and make them look right. 

@SingledOut  those are heijns correct?  have you held them in hand?  whats your thoughts?  i only as because of how coveted they are, but dont know how much personal interest i have in them.  still cool tho if youve seen them in person.  

Last edited:
Singledout sounds like a performance issue, and I believe they should have been able to accept a return or exchange based on that. I would have left out the details and as long as they werent worn that much, dont see how they could shut that down. Worst come to worst, buy a new pair and swap boxes, take them sons of beaches right back like ?

Last edited:
Thanks unseen, had to throw that in there to distract you from the crotchet space garby ultra toe steam talk

LCDs are slept on.  i like the whole pack. big ups for rocking some off the cuff type ish.  tired of the same flyknit convo day in day out.  its nice to see actual am 1 sneakers instead of what the hypebeast peekaboo subscribers bring about when sneakernews hits their inbox with the latest thing hatfield had a wet dream about; like all these sock puppet swimmy moccasins with ultra bottoms. 

We get it. You don't like Flyknits or anything with new technology. Take a breath and relax with the daily rant.

$160. Realistically, they do look good on foot. And anyone besides Air Max people are going to say they look good. We are a picky bunch. Do I settle for a quality build shoe that isn't 100% og shape or pass?!? Idk fam. Just making due with the options we currently have available.
sounds like you force your self to buy a pair of AM1s no matter how bad the overall quality or ugly the shape is, why buy a crappy shoe while you know in the back of your head that it cant live up to the expectations what you have from that shoe, there are better and other AMs out there to spend your money at

Last edited:
I did have very high hopes for this pair. I have not bought an og build am1 for several years aside from the '15 pendelton. I'm still going back and forth on them.

I did have very high hopes for this pair. I have not bought an og build am1 for several years aside from the '15 pendelton. I'm still going back and forth on them.

You sound like you have as many issues with fit as I do. Haha. How extensive was your reshaping process? Some sneakers take several goes before they take better shape. Some require more aggressive approaches.

If the quality is satisfactory, I say keep them and work at them til shape is to your liking. As long as you don't see that money better spent elsewhere.

@SingledOut  those are heijns correct?  have you held them in hand?  whats your thoughts?  i only as because of how coveted they are, but dont know how much personal interest i have in them.  still cool tho if youve seen them in person.  
That is correct. I have never held them in hand....wish I did haha. Orange is one of my fav colors but never found a good AM1 with orange that I really dig besides Hollands which I sold awhile back but wouldnt mind getting them again. I do like the heijns...don't like the price tag haha. But funny thing is DB told me he actually sold 3 pairs of dams over the last few years. One pair going to me....and all of them were size 11!
Singledout sounds like a performance issue, and I believe they should have been able to accept a return or exchange based on that. I would have left out the details and as long as they werent worn that much, dont see how they could shut that down. Worst come to worst, buy a new pair and swap boxes, take them sons of beaches right back like ?
Yea I knew I could return them for any reason at all because it was under the 30 days. I just had a feeling it would have been this damn fiasco explaining it. I planned on buying the Oreos at somepoint anyways. So I just traded the shrunken OG reds for a fresh pair of Oreos and told them I just wanted a different color and it was all good. Now im going to just re buy the OG reds on sale somewhere....if anyone has any leads let me know. I remember there being a code for them for like $135 or something on footlocker. 

Back
Top Bottom