THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Personally, those are kind of a miss for me ... I'd be in for pinnacle AM1s in full Vachetta.

Not the ****** dyed leather on premium ID. like Pinnacle AJ1/Hender Vachetta.

Would buy a handful even if they retailed for $200-250

Last edited:
I feel like they never do. They just seem to pop up and they never really sell out.
they are usually given a RD close to when they drop. I'm pretty sure the new pinnacles were up on SNKRS and some EU shops a week or two before dropping 

Just a thought... if Nike is making jewel AF1's along with the old shape back for AM1's, they're probably going to make a new cw for the jewel AM1 at some point this year. BET

qV14A_s-200x150.gif

those vapormax's are ugly, they remind me of the full shox cushioning and they look like a fat caterpillar on the bottom of your feet

NIK864

Regardless of what our opinions are of the Vapormax, "Air Max Day" or month was a strategy to push the Vapormax....by using the Air Max 1 as a catalyst. It worked perfectly. I personally would like to try the Vapormax just to test the comfort. I find it funny seeing all the influencers trying their best to rock them as a casual shoe. I don't see the appeal of them in that respect. I can only see these with a "gym fit" but that is just my opinion.

yeah I got the og red vm on the restock tues and they came in yesterday....

really wanted to like these as a casual shoe and just for the lineage of the air max line but they're not for me at all.

comfort is there don't get me wrong but outside of using them as a runner, they're a very different look on foot, not in a good way, and this is coming from a footscape woven guy.

Agreed, I've heard nothing but good things as far comfort and durability is concerned. Heard some saying they were more comfortable than boost.

Those pods are kinda hard for me to get over tho. Certainly not aesthetically pleasing for casual wear, strictly running/gym wear. Maybe a grocery store run.

Last edited:
yeah I got the og red vm on the restock tues and they came in yesterday....

really wanted to like these as a casual shoe and just for the lineage of the air max line but they're not for me at all.

comfort is there don't get me wrong but outside of using them as a runner, they're a very different look on foot, not in a good way, and this is coming from a footscape woven guy.
Agreed, I've heard nothing but good things as far comfort and durability is concerned. Heard some saying they were more comfortable than boost.

Those pods are kinda hard for me to get over tho. Certainly not aesthetically pleasing for casual wear, strictly running/gym wear. Maybe a grocery store run.
Honestly just think it depends on your wardrobe.

My clothes fall pretty squarely between retro vintage, athleisure (lots of Reigning Champ, Champion) and technical (arcteryx veilance, patagonia, SI) and the aesthetic works really well.

I think it's just early days and are definitely an acquired taste. NT denim will kill em but joggers work really well with VMs.

^my drobe is similar to yours......

maybe it's my size 13 feet that's making them look extra weird to me but it's a cool shoe for sure, just not something I have to own rn.

HNL HI HNL HI those pigeons lookin :smokin

can't wait to get mine in :nthat:

Last edited:
seen people talking bout 'pigeon' IDs, here's the one I did.

Like the gentlemen in the previous post I have been debating whether or not to go with leather or mesh for my Pigeon IDs,.

Great pic, def look like I'm leaning towards the mesh (for less creasing)

man to me it's a no-brainer to use mesh as the base over leather....

the leather used on am1 essentials is sub par at best so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
man to me it's a no-brainer to use mesh as the base over leather....

the leather used on am1 essentials is sub par at best so take that for what it's worth.
For whatever reason I feel like the mudguard is higher on the leather pair. Idk maybe I'm ******ed lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom