THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

they may be slightly better than the bananas ill give you that, but if you look back to pretty much all PRM or Pinnacle 2016 pairs the toe is cut the same. Im not understanding why we want to defend nike for still refusing to give us nice cuts and form fitting shapes on sneakers, it literally hurts my foot to wear some of the **** Nike puts out, but I go back to pairs made pre 2005 and its BUTTA for my foot.

I dont mean to ***** and moan, but lets say it how it is.

EDIT: All id like to see is some consistency to be honest, they dont seem to have a rhyme or reason for "remastering" certain shoes or missing huge details because they know consumers will happily keep shopping.
2016 Pinnacles were old shape. 2017 Pinnacles are amazing. Jewels are same shape as 2017 Pinnacles. There's been a few shots from bad angles that made Jewels look suspect but the overwhelming amount of pics and comments from people with them in hand say they are good quality.

Got my atmos in yesterday, been wanting a pair of these ever since they came out over 10 years ago. Feels good to finally have a pair in hand. Went for the pack since I was one of the few who actually really liked the 3s(they are slept on watch people regret it later).

The jewels look like the same leather used on metallic jordan 1s (the navy and the red pairs). And yes, of course there will be discrepancies with different pairs, always have been and always will. All jewels have the higher mudguard, that's the biggest indicator thus far that they're using a "remastered" shape.

This is not the old shape...

This are going to be one of the next pinnacle. No reason for nike to put the old shape on them.

Last edited:

This is not the old shape...

This are going to be one of the next pinnacle. No reason for nike to put the old shape on them.
the good old shape lol, for me that means the toe box has a curve around your foot, not the material going at a near 90 degree angle when you are looking down at them. You should see material laying flat when looking down.

Bit the bullet on shrooms for 138. Definitely my last AM1 for a long while I'm sure so I'm not bugging.

Kinda surprised the jewels moved so well.. was hoping for a solid disco party.

Dear god, Barneys ships quickly. Ordered the Pendletons yesterday, and they just arrived :wow:

Quality is pretty, pretty, pretty good...

Dang!!!!
Got tell my buddy these going quick!

Do you want to be stylish? Do you want to have some fashion? Do you want ladies to talk about your shoes? Get yourself some retro air max 1 sneakers right here!

I don't think that statement applies to that price. Not when the shoe is top notch.

Nah I got the shrooms and the pinks for 138 each within the last week and some change. Price was perfect and I loved the pinks so I'm sure I will like the shrooms. I'm actually not an AM1 guy usually so I guess these colors really drew me in.

Received my ids today. Came out okay, the wolf grey is a little lighter than I expected. Biggest complaint is the forefoot is slightly narrow and the laces are way too short.

Just gotta figure out how to get a swoosh on the toe like the mock-up in the last pic.

I sized down because my true size was sold out. Hoping the leather will expand enough. They fit tight, but it's manageable.

Did you size down or up?
I sized down because my true size was sold out. Hoping the leather will expand enough. They fit tight, but it's manageable.

tried them on today. these are so true to size and pretty comfy. swap them w round laces and i'd find them complete

Back
Top Bottom