THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

That's cool. I'm just saying. I pass on so many Adidas it's not even funny. Kids are too apparently because they are just as available as Jordans in the stores I go to. Minus a few ultra limited collabs, they are sitting too. And even some of those can be had. I digress though, I don't want to derail the thread either. All good.

Stock X emailed me this morning because the pair I was due is scuffed on the swoosh. I emailed them back saying I'm not interested and would prefer a refund. Literally 10 minutes later I see Nike Chicago has them in stock, so I went over from work and grabbed a pair.

Was super bummed, but I'm happy Stock X was honest, and that Nike Chicago had em. I hope the Royals are this easy.

Attachments

• IMG_4696.jpg
    IMG_4696.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4695.jpg
    IMG_4695.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
The thing with the "____ shoe is sitting" topic is that Nike makes such a huge amount of shoes that they don't care if they sit because they're selling. There's a finishline by my house that has popular vapormax on display. Triple black, navy blue, etc and you'd think wow these been on display for a min. Must be a flop release. But when you ask what size they have it's like size 7 and 14.

Also if a store gets 150 of a shoe and they sell 100 on the first weekend They're cool. A shoe like the Bred 13 is technically sitting in many stores but I bet they're slowly trickling away at retail price. Just because a few random pairs end up in an outlet doesn't make them a flop release.

I don't buy the "not everyone knew" line. It's been well talked about and covered on every sneaker blog. Nike released some last week. Every boutique on the planet had them. They weren't limited so nobody outside of the AM1 purist wants them. That's just how things work now days.
The original Anniversary release was anticipated for months. This re-release didn't have anywhere near the build up that the 100's had. They sold out today, so tell me again how nobody wanted them?

Right, things change as you get older for sure. You and I both go back to our roots of Nike. When the Boost Babies are 30+, what will they go? Adidas, most likely. Brands have to stay hip with the young crowds or eventually the brand will suffer as their core base literally dies off.

Nah, they'll go back to Nike. They know who Daddy is lol :nthat:

The Ultra Boost model will more than likely become a classic, but outside of it, I honestly can't think of anything of the recent models other than the 350 that has that same effect. Whereas Nike has catalogs of crap people by over-and-over again and for decades now. Being that Kanye isn't a sports icon, I just can't envision kids being laced up for generations in Yeezy's like MJ has done with his own line. The whole Boost movement was ridden off the shoulders of Sir Ye himself IMO. People didn't give a crap about Boost till he wore the all whites. I actually cringed when he was spotted wearing the OGs, but thankfully we had a few months after without the stupidity that surrounds the model now. The early days of the Boost thread, specifically during the Pure Boost and early UB days, you'd be lucky to get a whole page in a day or two. For all we know, Boost could have been a super comfortable shoe that no one ever purchased prior to him.

And in terms of the Converse comment someone made ... I just think it's a cyclical brand. Sometimes lots of people want them, other times they're just another shoe that collects dust on the shelf at local retailers. Adidas may have moved to #2 past JB, but my personal opinion, I don't think they'll sustain more than a year or two. Boost hype isn't even the same as it was this time last year. And I wear it all: Nike, JB, Asics, Diadora, Red Wing, Saucony, Puma, Vans, Converse etc etc.

Stock X emailed me this morning because the pair I was due is scuffed on the swoosh. I emailed them back saying I'm not interested and would prefer a refund. Literally 10 minutes later I see Nike Chicago has them in stock, so I went over from work and grabbed a pair.

Can't we live in harmony? I copped both the UB Maroon and AM1 today. Its been a good day haha

You're like a double agent; you cannot be trusted (not srs)

Was super bummed, but I'm happy Stock X was honest, and that Nike Chicago had em. I hope the Royals are this easy.

That must be new. I've only seen GOAT send pics of shoes sent in. Maybe they're changing their process, which is nice.

Last edited:
Likelihood is awesome. Never been there but anytime I've ordered the process was super smooth and stress free. And I live in NYC

People outside of NT/sneaker communities just aren't paying alot of money for shoes anymore. Will that change? Who knows...

But for right now, that's the biggest issue Nike/jb has.

Yes, Nike too. Whenever you're laying off thousands of employees worldwide, you have an issue.

Nike/jb have other issues, but imo, that's the biggest.

Back
Top Bottom