THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Atmos pics
908375-105-2.jpg

908375-105-8.jpg

908375-105-1.jpg

I'm in !!! But single up, i don't think i will wear them as much as my ogs/atmos so they will live longer (or if i found a good discount for the double up^^)

no sign of us release date for aquas yet?

these really flew under the radar. had caught wind that obsidians would make a return but never heard a peep about these till pics popped up.

Because most boost wearers are trend followers that never wore adidas before 2015. If Kanye and all the celebrities never hyped up adidas, no one would rock ultra boosts regardless of comfort level. Every time I see someone rocking boosts I automatically think hypebeast.

It's funny how most people forgot how the yeezys look like Roche runs. I remember people laughed at them, now they're blinded by the hype. Nike is pure aesthetics hype or no hype.
I'm no Yeezy fan, but the yeezy vs. Roshe comparison is a bit unfair.

Truth is, folks have been wearing Adidas since the beginning of hip hop. Yes, kanye West has a great deal to do with why Adidas is where it is today...he has a huge cult following that will like anything he does no matter what. But, Nike had him and let him walk. Can't blame Adidas for that. If kanye was still at Nike and wore vandals, would you call vandal wearers Hypebeasts?

Ultra boost are a great looking, super comfortable running/lifestyle shoe period. That product stands on its own merit.

The air Jordan 1 has always been a solid shoe. But, Before kanye, there aren't alot of sneakerheads that could honestly say that the Jordan 1 was their favorite or even high on their list. Post kanye, the 1 is the MOST POPULAR Jordan model.

If you think hypebeast anytime you see someone wear boost, the same must be said almost everyone you see someone wear a Jordan 1

I'm no Yeezy fan, but the yeezy vs. Roshe comparison is a bit unfair.

Truth is, folks have been wearing Adidas since the beginning of hip hop. Yes, kanye West has a great deal to do with why Adidas is where it is today...he has a huge cult following that will like anything he does no matter what. But, Nike had him and let him walk. Can't blame Adidas for that. If kanye was still at Nike and wore vandals, would you call vandal wearers Hypebeasts?

Ultra boost are a great looking, super comfortable running/lifestyle shoe period. That product stands on its own merit.

The air Jordan 1 has always been a solid shoe. But, Before kanye, there aren't alot of sneakerheads that could honestly say that the Jordan 1 was their favorite or even high on their list. Post kanye, the 1 is the MOST POPULAR Jordan model.

If you think hypebeast anytime you see someone wear boost, the same must be said almost everyone you see someone wear a Jordan 1

1. Yes I would, if he was the reason they were wearing it
2. I cant believe you actually typed this. Favorite...maybe, but the shoe that started it all? No one cared about this?
3. I dont agree, at all

If kanye was still at Nike and wore vandals, would you call vandal wearers Hypebeasts?
Yes

UB sat on shelves for like 4 months. Kanye then wore them to a basketball game and they sold out the next day. Knowing that, it's kinda hard to say the shoe stands on its own merit. It literally only gained popularity when Kanye wore it.

no sign of us release date for aquas yet?

these really flew under the radar. had caught wind that obsidians would make a return but never heard a peep about these till pics popped up.
Maybe they'll drop everywhere else first before the US like the last OG am drops

All i need is DATE, so i can organise my christmas hahaha, need a pricey pro soundcard and 1 action figure (i collect that too grr)! I will sell some pairs for not to eat too much on my salary but its gonna be hard :evil:

1. Yes I would, if he was the reason they were wearing it
2. I cant believe you actually typed this. Favorite...maybe, but the shoe that started it all? No one cared about this?
3. I dont agree, at all
Come on homie...the Jordan 1 popularity skyrocketed after Kanye started wearing them on a regular basis. That's just a fact.

You don't have to agree. But it is a fact

Yes

UB sat on shelves for like 4 months. Kanye then wore them to a basketball game and they sold out the next day. Knowing that, it's kinda hard to say the shoe stands on its own merit. It literally only gained popularity when Kanye wore it.

Ok. And? Kanye is a pitchman...a very successful one. Just because people didn't recognize it at first doesn't mean that it's a butt ugly uncomfortable shoe. Tons of new folks in this thread everyday. Some are new fans, some are just here for resell gains. Either way, it takes nothing away from what the air max 1 has always been.

This isn't an Adidas v. Nike debate. Like what you like.

This is a rebuttal to calling anyone wearing yeezy/ultra boost a hypebeast and small minded thinking that the only reason they wear the brand is because "yeezy wears it"

Reactions: You
Ok. And? Kanye is a pitchman...a very successful one. Just because people didn't recognize it at first doesn't mean that it's a butt ugly uncomfortable shoe. Tons of new folks in this thread everyday. Some are new fans, some are just here for resell gains. Either way, it takes nothing away from what the air max 1 has always been.

This isn't an Adidas v. Nike debate. Like what you like.

This is a rebuttal to calling anyone wearing yeezy/ultra boost a hypebeast and small minded thinking that the only reason they wear the brand is because "yeezy wears it"
No need to get this defensive over being called a hypebeast.

Yes

Thought it was because of him jumping in the air with the white pairs on. Either way, all the hate for Nike escalated right after Kanye went on his rant and his little stans started to follow him.

Never saw an appeal to any of the hype. don't understand why people would wear awkward looking booties that say "human" and "race" on them but they're not for me to understand.

yeah those Pharrell shoes are so wack.

give me Pharrell’s dunk high from the artist series Nike did over those anyday. I don’t care if one is worth over 1k and the other is just an all black dunk. Dunks are timeless

Back
Top Bottom