THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Shape on the prndletons is definitely on point! With suede u wouldn‘t get crease problems in the toebox!

The QC on the 103s after only about 5 wears Smh; nike gives vouchers for toebox separations?

Attachments

• 6C8FF01A-F021-4586-ABCD-212F3465DF26.jpeg
    6C8FF01A-F021-4586-ABCD-212F3465DF26.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 82
dblplay1212 dblplay1212 Maybe you should make a custom atmos am1 for kids....game over.....
There's a guy on IG that makes them. He made a pair of Cherrywoods too. The Elephants were like $175 and the Cherrywoods were $200+ iirc bc of the materials. That's just silly for a pair that she'll wear for 3-6 months. Once she gets to a point where she can wear a pair for 6-12 months, then I might pull the trigger.

IMG_9200.JPG

Made these for my son a couple of weeks ago. The elephant print isn`t perfect though but they`re close enough for my first custom attempt. If anyone wants a list of materials / advice, drop me a pm.

@dblplay1212 congrats! so cute
You made those? Well done! No chance mine would come out that good.

You made those? Well done! No chance mine would come out that good.

Trust me, I am not the kind of guy who`s good at this. A lot of patience and good research did the trick. Sometimes I didn`t touch them for days, only worked on them when I had time on my hands. It seems way harder than it actually was.

Trust me, I am not the kind of guy who`s good at this. A lot of patience and good research did the trick. Sometimes I didn`t touch them for days, only worked on them when I had time on my hands. It seems way harder than it actually was.
Should have made a YouTube video

Should have made a YouTube video

IMG_1358.JPG

These are the Angelus products I used.

Steps:
1. Apply deglazer to the leather parts of the base shoe so that the new acrylic leather paint sticks to the material
2. Apply several thin coats of leather paint and allow some hours to dry inbetween
3. For the mesh and Lining (basically any kind of fabrics) you need to mix the Acrylic Leather Paint with Angelus 2-soft (1:1 ratio) and dry it with a heat gun (300º F for 3-5 minutes) right after painting it so that the fabric absorbs the paint and remains soft and flexible. Both steps are required and not optional
4. I used black leather dye for the first coat of fabrics as it`s well absorbed by the material, but this is not essential
5. Apply several coats of Matte Finisher to seal the paint. Even if it`s called Matte Finisher, the finisher is still a bit shiny. A few drops of Duller added to the finisher had very good matte results

I used flat black, light grey and for the Swoosh a mixture of south beach and blue turquoise (compared the mixture with my Elephant until I was happy with the result) You should use leather strips (can be purchased separately for a few bucks) and test what the mixture actually looks like applied to leather before finally applying it to the shoe.

20707554_10159229256910594_18287881_n.jpg

The shoe on top was the base model I used (719956-100), 2015 release

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom