THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Maybe you failed to see my point....

If I’m Not Mistaken, Minimum Wage Here In Colorado Is $10 And Some Change.... With An 11 Hour+ Wait Time For These Sneakers, We’re Talking Less Than $8.00 An Hour Pay Rate To Wait In Line After All Is Said And Done.... So Again, If You Chose To Wait In Said Line As A “Reseller” In Order To Turn A Days Wage, You’re On The Losing End Of The Stick Considering ANY Other Legally Employeed Person In The State Of Colorado Would Be Making $2 More An Hour At Their Job Than They Would Waiting In This Particular Line....

Moral Of The Story, GET A JOB
Maybe they have a job but their job doesn't allow them to work OT so this is their side gig. Ever think of that? Maybe they work 8-5 M-F and use their Saturday mornings to make some extra cash. I assume it'd be pretty tough to find a job that lets them work from 11pm Friday night to 11am Saturday morning just one day every couple weeks. Regardless, there's no reason for you to look down on them for hustling to get "only $80." Check your privilege, sir.

you never know who you are buying from, what they spent, or how many hours they did...or didnt stand in line.

i know of a guy that literally has 20 pairs of safari am1 and 10 pairs of the safari 95s right now. (or at least a few days ago he did) i'm pretty sure he didnt stand in line for one second for any of them.

but i get it. some resellers are better than others

Y’all Are Good At Adding On To The Example Factors That Aren’t Part Of The Equation :lol:

I’m Talking About Specifically Anyone That Waited 10+ Hours In Line To Then Turn Around And Make $80 Profit..... The Numbers Don’t Add Up!

Some people might just like camping..

a9wqr4.jpg

Maybe they have a job but their job doesn't allow them to work OT so this is their side gig. Ever think of that? Maybe they work 8-5 M-F and use their Saturday mornings to make some extra cash. I assume it'd be pretty tough to find a job that lets them work from 11pm Friday night to 11am Saturday morning just one day every couple weeks. Regardless, there's no reason for you to look down on them for hustling to get "only $80." Check your privilege, sir.

Agreed -> i'm not about camping in line espeically for resale but i can't completely disqualify someone for doing it. The hours waited does not necessarily equate to hours that could be worked. These could also be hours where it's someone who would otherwise be watching tv or sleeping in during this time. So instead they just sit and wait for something. That's not so horrible

Y’all Are Good At Adding On To The Example Factors That Aren’t Part Of The Equation :lol:

I’m Talking About Specifically Anyone That Waited 10+ Hours In Line To Then Turn Around And Make $80 Profit..... The Numbers Don’t Add Up!
It's not worth it TO YOU. Maybe it is to them. You don't know their situation so it's ****ty for you to judge them for it.

Agreed -> i'm not about camping in line espeically for resale but i can't completely disqualify someone for doing it. The hours waited does not necessarily equate to hours that could be worked. These could also be hours where it's someone who would otherwise be watching tv or sleeping in during this time. So instead they just sit and wait for something. That's not so horrible
Right. Or maybe they sleep in line, cop, then go to work.

Spicy.

But congrats to the winners

This thread took a turn from the usual that’s for sure

Wow congrats! I never seen anyone win one of those IG leave a comment raffles lol. Did you get your comment in early or after thousands of comments already posted? Curious how they draw
I can't remember exactly, I think I commented the same day they posted it

You Sound Silly Homeboy....

What’s More Realistic Is That The Line Was Full Of A Mixture Of Die Hard Fans Eager To Put This Shoe On Feet And Greedy Resellers Licking Their Lips At The Opportunity To Knock Someone Else Over The Head On The Resell Market.

Fortunately For Those Of Us Who Really Wanted These, That Wasn’t The Case However And Yes I Find The Returns For That Time Wasted Amusing....

I’ll Just Leave This Here...
AB7353C9-6F94-4920-BC3E-8D26B6A42969.jpeg

Either You Get It Or You Don’t :rolleyes

You Sound Silly Homeboy....

What’s More Realistic Is That The Line Was Full Of A Mixture Of Die Hard Fans Eager To Put This Shoe On Feet And Greedy Resellers Licking Their Lips At The Opportunity To Knock Someone Else Over The Head On The Resell Market.

Fortunately For Those Of Us Who Really Wanted These, That Wasn’t The Case However And Yes I Find The Returns For That Time Wasted Amusing....

I’ll Just Leave This Here...
AB7353C9-6F94-4920-BC3E-8D26B6A42969.jpeg

Either You Get It Or You Don’t :rolleyes
What did you do between midnight Friday and 11am Saturday morning? Slept? You cost yourself an opportunity to make $80. Don't hate the man that' swilling to work harder than you.

And for everyone here, please stop capitalizing every word. I can't take you seriously when you do that.

I mean he's kinda right tho. I understand what you're saying, but without knowing their particular situation you have no idea the 'opportunity cost'. Some people may not be able to land another paying job due to their own circumstances (felon, disability, personality that doesn't resonate with hiring managers, etc) . Not to mention in some cases they may be able to bag multiple pairs which increases their haul from $80 x 1 to $80 x some variable that particular store is willing to allow. That's not even considering using 'cutters' etc. Hell, there are people that literally get paid to stand in lines for various products as well.

I'm not a fan of resellers what so ever. But I can't really get mad at them, especially if the system is going to allow it to happen. (In a camping situation, botters and backdoor'ers are were my gripe lies)
Prefer paying resell anyday over camping for hours/days lol

Disagree whole heartedly. I'd much rather pay retail rather than pay a guy double because he beat me to the finishline (pun not intended). No use throwing money away if you don't need to. At least that's not the life I try to live. To each his own tho

**** me, the size 5 animals I sold on stockx didn't pass the verification because apparently there was damage to the box? They were fine when I shipped them. And in the time shipping took, resale dropped a solid $50.

I mean he's kinda right tho. I understand what you're saying, but without knowing their particular situation you have no idea the 'opportunity cost'. Some people may not be able to land another paying job due to their own circumstances (felon, disability, personality that doesn't resonate with hiring managers, etc) . Not to mention in some cases they may be able to bag multiple pairs which increases their haul from $80 x 1 to $80 x some variable that particular store is willing to allow. That's not even considering using 'cutters' etc. Hell, there are people that literally get paid to stand in lines for various products as well.

I'm not a fan of resellers what so ever. But I can't really get mad at them, especially if the system is going to allow it to happen. (In a camping situation, botters and backdoor'ers are were my gripe lies)

Disagree whole heartedly. I'd much rather pay retail rather than pay a guy double because he beat me to the finishline (pun not intended). No use throwing money away if you don't need to. At least that's not the life I try to live. To each his own tho

Once Again You Guys Have My Comment All Twisted.... All I Said Is I Find It Amusing That People Waited In Line Here Locally For 11+ Hours For A Shoe Selling At $80 Above Retail. Guess That Somehow Makes Me Come Of As “Priviledged” :rolleyes

If Y’all Wanna Go Ahead And Justify For Others Reasons As To Why That May Or May Not Make Sense, By All Means Continue On :lol:

Back
Top Bottom