THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Yea I was hoping for a better story. They made it clear to us they were looking for what inspires you, not what you see. I was hoping to see some really cool stories/concepts. A sandwich is a little disappointing, especially when we already have an AM95 Bacon. Oh well, maybe the other 2 have better themes.

139F0234-A9C2-4792-96CF-D8AC21DD5B94.jpeg

Making me wish i had a kid lolol

Why would you do that? It'll get sent back to you.
DO you know if they will ship back unlaced DS shoes? I sent them a pair of dunk highs yesterday, but i typically unlace all shoes (like they do with AJ1s now) when i know they will be sitting for a while. I am wondering if they will accept or return them.

thinking about offing my OW 97s to grab the SWs. I'd probably come out around $200 on top too.

what do you guys think?

Yea I was hoping for a better story. They made it clear to us they were looking for what inspires you, not what you see. I was hoping to see some really cool stories/concepts. A sandwich is a little disappointing, especially when we already have an AM95 Bacon. Oh well, maybe the other 2 have better themes.

I didn't find the execution to be all that bad.
I think it'll come down to the materials used but I think the notion of bodegas/breakfast sandwiches is pretty iconic as far as NYC is concerned.

A sandwich is definitely boring as inspiration goes but the execution is pretty well-considered and I do like all the details - foil insole, Arizona tea bottoms, etc.
I agree though that it's a bit similar to the Bacons

all this Bespoke talk has me thinking that this would be a pretty awesome AM Day/Month initiative.
I can never claim to know the inner workings of Nike's marketing team but given how the past 2 Marchs have featured some kind of vote for a shoe mechanism, it'd be kind of cool to do a vote system to have someone's Bespoke pair produced in larger quantities for the following year.

I think it's clear that there are actually quite a few really good ideas out there and some (based on what I've seen on IG) really have alot of mainstream/collector potential.
For the sake making design entry process more curated, your design would only be eligible if it was made through the Bespoke program and would require some kind of back story or writeup. and you obviously have to be okay with your design being produced but you'd literally have the OG pair!

What if ...?

I wasn't too far off back in August ... !

DO you know if they will ship back unlaced DS shoes? I sent them a pair of dunk highs yesterday, but i typically unlace all shoes (like they do with AJ1s now) when i know they will be sitting for a while. I am wondering if they will accept or return them.
iirc their site says shoes can be re-laced and even tried on bc that's the case if you are buying retail. If you go to Foot Locker, you can definitely buy a pair and find out it's been tried on.

thinking about offing my OW 97s to grab the SWs. I'd probably come out around $200 on top too.

what do you guys think?

in a heartbeat

the neckbeards are waaaaay more wearable all around than the OW 97’s and add to the fact that you’ll be getting cash on top....

it’s an easy choice if it were I

Thanks for the responses fellas. It makes sense to me, i just know how neurotic some of these people are when it comes to "DS" sneakers. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom