THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Not as old but I can feel. Things have definitely changed and I haven’t adapted. Tried with no success. Congrats to those who got them

I haven't adapted either with all these bots and just finessing raffles. I never had to jump through all these hoops to get a pair of sneakers. I either had a connect and would tell them to put a ten to the side or at worst I would have to make a few calls to random shops. The snkrs app is trash I never hit on it . **** the last thing I think I hit on was the supreme blazer gt's and people weren't even on those like that . I have to sit down and really re learn the sneaker game . Cause this **** ain't working out for me lol.

I haven't adapted either with all these bots and just finessing raffles. I never had to jump through all these hoops to get a pair of sneakers. I either had a connect and would tell them to put a ten to the side or at worst I would have to make a few calls to random shops. The snkrs app is trash I never hit on it . **** the last thing I think I hit on was the supreme blazer gt's and people weren't even on those like that . I have to sit down and really re learn the sneaker game . Cause this **** ain't working out for me lol.

I'm not jumping through hoops to spend my money. If resellers want to, go ahead. Get a ****ing job.

Snkrs app isn't terrible for the most part, there's just 5 million people trying to buy 10k pair of shoes. Odds are always severely against us.

Im an ***. For some reason I thought these dropped at 8. They dropped at 7.

Time zone bs

this is f'ing annoying. It should just say the time of whatever time zone your IP address is in. Its too damned early for all this math

Wouldve been a god send for rent this month. Guess Im selling the SBBs gd it

I was poking around on SNKRS at around 645 too. I feel really fing dumb right now

Thats what I get for being distracted by illustrator and my new orleans pelicans logo, i get to into this and lose track of time.

Last edited:
How so? It accepts hundreds of thousands of orders in second and handles them smoothly for the most part. It has hiccups here and there but overall it handles the traffic pretty well.

Well I'm going to attempt to give my thoughts on my issue with the app. Look at the sample size here multiple people on this thread alone have seen this app glitch out. For example getting stuck on a pending screen, forcing you to rechoose a size you already have programed, asking for payment information again. And just hindering the process of just getting in line to get a chance to purchase the sneakers . To me Nike has always pushed this app as a way to streamline the purchasing process of limited sneakers. It doesn't do that in my opinion and this app has disillusioned me to the point where I go into with the assumption that **** isn't going to work out but I should try anyway. And Nike proves me right and it doesn't work out.

Last edited:
Caught that L crazy quick. I don't get Nike with this **** . I'm old 36 and have been collecting for a long time . It wasn't always like this, the sneaker game has changed .

Facts.. I'm 38 and the old days of just going in to your local shop & picking up on release day is way gone.. I'm not gonna complain too much cause I did hit on some kicks I wanted but the ones I truly wanted (Atmos AM1, SW, the parras, etc) struck out on. The resell game has really took the fun out of copping. Its bad enough Nike makes a boat load of money off these releases, ain't no way I'm gonna help someone else get even more of my hard earned money..

I hate everything about the current Pelicans logo

and now i hate it even more becuase of this

looks like a damned pelican skeleton holding a basketball

Well I'm going to attempt to give my thoughts on my issue with the app. Look at the sample size here multiple people on this thread alone have seen this app glitch out. For example getting stuck on a pending screen, forcing you to rechoose a size you already have programed, asking for payment information again. And just hindering the process of just getting in line to get a chance to purchase the sneakers . To me the Nike has always pushed this app as a way to streamline the purchasing process of limited sneakers. It doesn't do that in my opinion and this app has disillusioned me to the point where I go into with the assumption that **** isn't going to work out but I should try anyway. And Nike proves me right and it doesn't work out.
It doesnt work out bc of supply/demand and people running bots with thousands of accounts. It's easy to blame the app but it more that Nike makes so much limited stuff now, which can be argued it's our fault bc we all want the limited stuff, not the gr stuff that sits on the app 24/7.

Facts.. I'm 38 and the old days of just going in to your local shop & picking up on release day is way gone.. I'm not gonna complain too much cause I did hit on some kicks I wanted but the ones I truly wanted (Atmos AM1, SW, the parras, etc) struck out on. The resell game has really took the fun out of copping. Its bad enough Nike makes a boat load of money off these releases, ain't no way I'm gonna help someone else get even more of my hard earned money..
yea, the only remedy i've found for this is copping other ways & copping semi hyped releases & reselling a little to offset the cost in order to get the things i really want.. although snkrs has given me my fair share of l's, i've also hit A LOT on there, ow 1's, ow 90's, ow 97's, skeptas, black pigeons, travis scotts, ow unc1's (reserved), atmos 1's, sw (reserved) ... but i've taken a loooooooooot of l's... recently it's been l city for me on the app.. whatever money i make from reselling, goes back to something i couldn't cop because it was sold out. you just have to research fam, some places still will take a phone order for kicks.

Snkrs app isn't terrible for the most part, there's just 5 million people trying to buy 10k pair of shoes. Odds are always severely against us.
I agree with this. It usually doesn't take more than a few minutes of my time and it occasionally rewards persistence. FWIW, I think Supreme handles releases the best, though I also very much like Nike's shock drops and early/exclusive access. They mess with bots on the big releases and deliver Ws and Ls very quickly. Respect for my time as a customer is key.

Back
Top Bottom