THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

because the shoes have 3M Nike branding on them, i have been collecting air maxes for 17 years and i have seen a lot of underrated cws that were worth nothing back in the days go up in price after 5-10 years after the release, few examples are the AM1 w&w, urawa, shima 1&2, UTT and hold tights etc

3M is def nice but imo the price explosions came up due to the bad shape era! You know it better than me! GRs will only increase in prices if the shape gets bad again, lololol
But I guess we can expect everything from Nike:lol:

GRs will only increase in prices if the shape gets bad again, lololol
i dont agree with that, the crappy china shape am1s came around 2009-2010 and the urawa and shimas were already worth 300 and 200 euro in 2008 so it doesnt make any sense what you have posted in your comment lol

i dont agree with that, the crappy china shape am1s came around 2009-2010 and the urawa and shimas were already worth 300 and 200 euro in 2008 so it doesnt make any sense what you have posted in your comment lol

hahaha, I still don't believe that any actual GR will double up in price. No matter if 3M or not.
Were the Urawas and Shimas really GRs? Damn, I was sleeping tight...

Were the Urawas and Shimas really GRs? Damn, I was sleeping tight...
lol you were not even collecting yet in that era so dont pretend you know the stuff that i know, shima 1&2 were available at FL for 60 euro does that sound that GR enough for you lol ?? and urawa was a little bit more exclusive and only for specialized boutiques but could also be picked up for around 80 euro

lol you were not even collecting yet in that era so dont pretend you know the stuff that i know, shima 1&2 were available at FL for 60 euro does that sound that GR enough for you lol ?? and urawa was a little bit more exclusive and only for specialized boutiques but could also be picked up for around 80 euro

haha, you're right that's why my question was serious. No offense at all! Had no idea that they were so easy available. As I said: sleeping tight...smh

Yeah I got word from one of my homies that used to work at a Nike factory store that they stopped using official 3M reflective material years ago. They've obviously still been using reflective material, it's just not 3M. I've personally noticed on several Nike products that have used it (some pants I have, the pink box SB dunks from 2016) that the material is a little bit softer and doesn't scratch and scuff the same way that 3M used to.

its still reflective but probably not officially licensed by the 3M brand it self, i saw a video on IG a while ago from a dude that went to a shopping mall in china where they sell materials for sneakers and there you can buy laces in all colors from the rainbow, full and empty air units, reflective materials and even blueprints for jordan 11 and AM90, what im trying to say is that even if 3M wont allow nike to use their reflective material there will be some company in china that would love to replicate the 3M reflective material and sell it to nike for half the price

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE Blueprints? Is that what the replica market use to churn out fakes? I wanna see the AM1 blueprint..
that was an few pieces of paper with how the shoes are constructed and what the measurements are for all the panels in various sizes, and thats indeed the place where the counterfeiters get their sources from, and they had blueprints for all kind of nike shoes not only AJ11 and AM90 but also for other brands and models like the crappy yeezy and such

Yeah but if they're selling air bags etc are they fake AM parts? Or stolen / sourced (legit) stock from official Nike factory?
ooeeh thats a very good question, i personally think that some of the materials are authentic nike materials but are sold to the public without permission from nike, you need to know that nike dont own the factories where they manufacture the shoes, lets say nike drop an new am1 cw and they need to source materials for that new am1, so they go to factory X that have the materials what nike is looking for, the same counts for the midsoles and air units and in china money talks, if you bring enough money with you everything and anything will be able for sale, brand exclusive or not brand exclusive the chinese peeps dont give a fk, so basically if you have enough money you can go buy authentic nike materials in bulk because those factories what manufacture the nike materials are not owned by the nike brand

^^ This is interesting - So what you're saying is that the factories source the materials not Nike. Makes the line between replica / legit really fine. The same factories probably just keep producing Jordans / whatever after the official run, and thats what you see as AAA. Small downgrade in material quality but same production line.

really hope these aren't going to be the new AM1 ID options

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.21.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.21.11 AM.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 81
So what you're saying is that the factories source the materials not Nike. Makes the line between replica / legit really fine. The same factories probably just keep producing Jordans / whatever after the official run, and thats what you see as AAA. Small downgrade in material quality but same production line.
what i have heard is that high grade counterfeit shoes are manufactured by the same peeps as in the factory, peeps what work in an authentic sneaker factory runs a counterfeit operation on the side at an secret location, for example im a supervisor at the nike factory assembly line i gonna ask my co-workers if they wanna make some extra cash but at a different location i bet 9 out of the 10 workers are down for that

^^ This is interesting - So what you're saying is that the factories source the materials not Nike. Makes the line between replica / legit really fine. The same factories probably just keep producing Jordans / whatever after the official run, and thats what you see as AAA. Small downgrade in material quality but same production line.

It’s really how manufacturing works on any scale.
Factories overseas bid for the business.

No one really owns their own factories contrary to popular belief. In a past life, I worked with a bike brand and the factory our product was made was the same as Giant, Raleigh, etc.

what i have heard is that high grade counterfeit shoes are manufactured by the same peeps as in the factory, peeps what work in an authentic sneaker factory runs a counterfeit operation on the side at an secret location, for example im a supervisor at the nike factory assembly line i gonna ask my co-workers if they wanna make some extra cash but at a different location i bet 9 out of the 10 workers are down for that
True, like PK God

Back
Top Bottom