THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

One day basketball tournament today. Brought home the championship.

Attachments

• 43E537DA-C20B-4A0C-9A6E-801B13B59B5D.jpeg
    43E537DA-C20B-4A0C-9A6E-801B13B59B5D.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 51
Interesting...they kind of have a Notre Dame Fighting Irish vibe

Yeah they do. With their alternate jerseys. I was supposed to go to South Bend to see FSU play them. Kinda of glad I didn’t. What a painful season; got the brakes beat off of us, too. Between that and the cold, I would have been miserable.

36, first pair was picked up in 2004 at an outlet after graduating college. $40 for white/navy leather pair I rode to death. Restarted the AM1 love with some iDs in 2016 and added another 8 or 9 pair in the meantime. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul. Here's what I think first pair looked like
i.php

I got my first pair as a ten year old in 99 and was actually aware of them being special because my big brother always supported and initiated my interest in sneakers and got me them for my birthday
I still think of them as the greatest colorway ever for me personally, due to nostalgic reasons. They are plain but beautiful. Picture's not me.

tumblr_ok3bsbFIsA1r92k5yo1_1280.jpg

I'm so old I ordered my first sneakers from a mail-order catalog. From somewhere in England while living in Denmark. 1988-89 was the first year my friends and I made orders from there. I was mainly into basketball sneakers back then (Jordan and Air Flight, primarily), and didn't get into AM1 for real till the mid 00's. I had had a pair or two previously, but wasn't INTO them, yet. I'm 45.

The newer one has a full black outsole, white synthetic leather swoosh, grey sockliner and grey Nike Logo on the back (what's the point if it isn't a contrast color?)

20190420_152815.jpg
was heavy into skateboarding shoes until the early 2000s, got jacked for all my skate shoes, and had to start all over. I had worked at a pac sun for the employee discount, whilst my roommate was the gm at footlocker. They remodeled the store, so he brought home hella furniture from there, so our house looked like a damn store, lol. Ive since realized to not have parties at your house, no matter how big, with a bunch of hoodlums you met at shows. Especially if you and your roommate remodel said house to look like an offsite footlocker. We had racks, the huge benches, mirrors, whatever we thought looked cool. And discounts galore. I only had my oldest at the time, he was 6, so it was the best bachelor living one could have. I moved in about 2009 ish, and started anew. I remember liking the am1 before, but started noticing they didnt even look the same, they were boxy, fit horribly, and started getting into other brands. I purchased maybe five or six pairs of am1s because of the colorway during those really dark years. Kept three with sentimental value, but offed the other bricks. This is one of the ones I kept. We used to talk a lot about reshaping and banana midsoles what feels like forever ago, and this pair was my experiment pair. Super aero AND ergo dynamic! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom