THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Another color way of this hideous iteration 858876-713
https://sneakerbardetroit.com/nike-air-max-1-inside-out-858876-713-release-date/
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 12.43.44 PM.png

What happened with the mud? :rofl:
I know inside out, but this is bs!!!

Thanks dude! I’ve just got a few left on my must haves list. And then taking it easy (hah)/repriotizing to bespokes (hopefully).

Am definitely taking it easier myself these days - Got most of my favourite pairs / grails now, so just enjoying wearing them. On top of that, got about 15+ pairs of anniversaries (DS) to last me the next 10yrs easy ha. Want to go a year no copp.. It can be done!..

..but then I know I'll want a few pairs of infrared 90s.. Hope they get the treatment they deserve, like a AM1 March 17' level retro, if / when they drop again

Last edited:
Why is the mesh and mid panel on the woman’s teals so cheap feeling compared to others? They switched it up compared to the light blue and pink pairs. Those were closer to anniversary feel.
The "Atomic Violet" (319986-118 ) and the "Light Blue Fury" (319986-117) are a different series than the "University Blue" (BV1981-100) and the "Psychic Pink" (BV1981-101), and the materials are quite different for sure. The BV series used the same meshes on the vamp, quarter window and collar as the OG retro series, and therefor feels somewhat "in line" with those releases. These two newer releases, although OG feeling in terms of colorways, have nothing good going for them, really. The materials are as bad as 99% of all other general releases these days, sadly. I got the violet pair and haven't even bothered with the teal one. Too bad, honestly.

Last edited:
The "Atomic Violet" (319986-118 ) and the "Light Blue Fury" (319986-117) are a different series than the "University Blue" (BV1981-100) and the "Psychic Pink" (BV1981-101), and the materials are quite different for sure. The BV series used the same meshes on the vamp, quarter window and collar as the OG retro series, and therefor feels somewhat "in line" with those releases. These two newer releases, although OG feeling in terms of colorways, have nothing good going for them, really. The materials are as bad 99% of other general releases these days, sadly. I got the violet pair and haven't even bothered with the teal one. Too bad, honestly.

Ok just checking it wasn’t just me. I’d honestly rather the softer leather like the outdoor greens or the mints for the mid panel than the **** they used on these woman’s. The mesh is easily the worst part though.

The "Atomic Violet" (319986-118 ) and the "Light Blue Fury" (319986-117) are a different series than the "University Blue" (BV1981-100) and the "Psychic Pink" (BV1981-101), and the materials are quite different for sure. The BV series used the same meshes on the vamp, quarter window and collar as the OG retro series, and therefor feels somewhat "in line" with those releases. These two newer releases, although OG feeling in terms of colorways, have nothing good going for them, really. The materials are as bad as 99% of all other general releases these days, sadly. I got the violet pair and haven't even bothered with the teal one. Too bad, honestly.
Thanks for the breakdown.

Still want purples. :lol:

Just curious...would you guys like to see a remastered parra/parra cherry wood?

The question is especially for you guys that own it already.
Man that's hard. On just about every other old pair, the answer is yes. Would love a new Gresystone. But Patta pack? Man, idk. Probably vote to leave it alone. Answer would be different if I didn't have them.

Man NIKE is hitting heavy with the grey releases all at once... not sure what the logic would be there but It comes off a bit lazy. 4 grey pairs currently in NDC and the mini swoosh a while a go along with the Maze- although black/white looks grey from not too far away.

At this point I would be all for a break from GRs if they would Just give me some good iD options so I cook up my own colorways with premium materials.

I want safaris. I’ve been looking for pair in my size but only seen pairs with the upper kind of beat. Don’t want the 16s either. Doubt I’ll find them and just gotta hope for a retro.

Part of the fun is in the hunt for the older pairs.

Finding cherrywoods (or a mirade of other cws) this day in age is quite difficult for the uninitiated. I love many of the harder to find cws on merit of design alone but a big part of the allure is the length taken to acquire (temporal, financial, effort, etc).

Just curious...would you guys like to see a remastered patta/parra cherry wood?

The question is especially for you guys that own it already.
I’m not much for retros of the various HS and such. I’d rather just see retros of some of great colorways from the past (like they did the Currys). As for the Cherrywoods, I’d prefer they were left alone... and then lets see another great, creative collab with Parra on the AM1 silhouette instead.

Quality is in line with something like the Watermelons imo, similar if not identical materials.
Thanks. I'm cool with that. They did probably half a dozen with the materials, the rough suede, this time last year. The blue/yellow pair was a great pair. The mica green too.

Back
Top Bottom