THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

White laces are chills, those grey ones had to go lol

Attachments

• Snapchat-1583258017.jpg
    Snapchat-1583258017.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 43
You sure? They loo good to me!

Nipsey my gee, the second I took them out the box and unwrapped them I already got that something ain’t right feeling.

Just looks and feels cheap. The mesh looks like a sieve, just doesn’t have that same appeal/feel as the mesh toe boxes. Might be hard to tell with the pic I took but The material on the rear quarter bothered me. Looks and feels like plastic.

Really like the color but overall, not feeling them.

Just hope the violets aren’t this disappointing.

Nipsey my gee, the second I took them out the box and unwrapped them I already got that something ain’t right feeling.

Just looks and feels cheap. The mesh looks like a sieve, just doesn’t have that same appeal/feel as the mesh toe boxes. Might be hard to tell with the pic I took but The material on the rear quarter bothered me. Looks and feels like plastic.

Violets will be the exact same materials FYI.

The mesh REALLY bothers me on my pair. I don’t mind creasing, but they crease in a strange way.

..but then I know I'll want a few pairs of infrared 90s.. Hope they get the treatment they deserve, like a AM1 March 17' level retro, if / when they drop again

Speaking of infrared 90s, I have a HOA pair I 8.5 if anyone is interested. I know this isn’t the 90s thread, but this is thread is always so helpful so figured I’d post it here.

I feel you. I think the violet pair is consistent in materials like geist 6one7 geist 6one7 said. I feel you on the quarter panel leather too. If you iD, don't do leather. If you do, the iD leather will make that leather on the violet pair look like it came fresh off a cows @zz

The quality of those teals would make me return them also. The cw is nice, but if the execution is poor, then I wouldn’t waste the money.

It’s crazy that there is a big disparity in quality between the different genders/ages. For example, my younger sister wanted the Forest Gump Cortez (idk if that’s what they’re called), and she can wear either kids or womens. The price difference is like $10, but the kids pair is terrible. Yeah, it’s a kids shoe, but damn. The guy at Nike kept trying to tell her that they were exactly the same, when it was blatantly obvious that one panel was pebbled and the other was smooth.

TL;DR
Nike quality can be EXTRA disappointing if the cw is nice. Regardless if we’re talking about a $100 shoe, $100 is still $100.

Part of the fun is in the hunt for the older pairs.

Finding cherrywoods (or a mirade of other cws) this day in age is quite difficult for the uninitiated. I love many of the harder to find cws on merit of design alone but a big part of the allure is the length taken to acquire (temporal, financial, effort, etc).

I agree with this somewhat and maybe I’m getting old but.. back in the day we used to hunt, meet people in the sneaker culture work out trades and give assists to find grails for each other... I missed the Masters and have been hunting for too long only to see prices reach $1K for my size 12. I love the hunt but it seems if you don’t snag pairs immediately the shoes change hands soo many times before the actual sneaker head gets ownership that the price of the hunt is taxin!

The hunt for classics is 90% of the interest for me. Means that it doesn't really matter what Nike are currently doing and that was needed until recently.
They're like busses though- when a grails come around they can happen in quick succession, especially if somebody in your size is having a clear-out. Then nothing for months.

Made the mistake of passing on certain pairs and being too conservative after a spend- and then a month later you're looking for them again.

Overpaid a bit for these redwoods recently but other times you get a steal. There's a few exceptions but these vintage pairs are a different level to everything since.

IMG_1067.jpg

Huh, surprised the rush pink/volts sold out on NDC already. Thought they'd sit just a little longer. Now I really hope the sz 10s I have coming from the UK aren't too tight, or I'm screwed :nerd:

The hunt used to be super exciting before it went digital. Back when you had to go to different cities mom and pops store and never knew what you could come up on.

In those days, you could even go to your local foot locker etc and find that last pair of whatever or run into something that they just received and put it on the floor.

Social media and improved logistics took all of that away.

The hunt used to be super exciting before it went digital. Back when you had to go to different cities mom and pops store and never knew what you could come up on.

In those days, you could even go to your local foot locker etc and find that last pair of whatever or run into something that they just received and put it on the floor.

Social media and improved logistics took all of that away.

Yea it’s more about price hunting now than finding the actual shoe which sucks.

Back
Top Bottom