THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Slightly worrisome what they’re surrounded by in that IG pic.
Idk what the black and blue pair is. I had them in hand the other day bc my local shop already has them. They have a big heel thing having off like the Sacai. The upper is cool and they have a waffle bottom but the heel is weird. Not really my thing so I didnt ask baby questions about them.

Most likely the Undercover daybreaks. Just hope the shenanigans stay away from the AM1s. (For those that want them, including myself)
71E0B1A4-823B-43ED-A3B3-B45B9750DA45.jpeg

Idk what the black and blue pair is. I had them in hand the other day bc my local shop already has them. They have a big heel thing having off like the Sacai. The upper is cool and they have a waffle bottom but the heel is weird. Not really my thing so I didnt ask baby questions about them.
Tailwinds maybe?
EDIT: Nevermind I see they’ve been identified.

Are you aware that this man has created a cardinal sin by sole swapping a 99 grey mini?

These are a unicorn and should stay 100% original, granted...this is the opinion of a proud owner of a pair lol. They’ve just got one of the most wild stories as far as an Am1 and I believe they should be left alone.

But again, I know some people would love to just rock them!

I understand and to a certain extend agree with you on the swapping of older models. However, there are sometimes (as you know) where the midsole is completely crumbled and gone, where nothing but a swap makes sense. Personally, 86-88 produced models are the only ones I'm 100% no-no on swapping - regardless of how horrible a state the shoes are in.

20+ years is considered vintage which would be from 1999 and before. Not that it should be a cut off point. At some point you go to memorabilia and then antique but Nike are a long way off that.

If you're a Nike collector in 100 years time you'd want pairs with OG everything and sole swappers like me would probably be seen as really annoying. If you have the shoes and you want to wear them then go for it imo. Is what they're meant for.

I understand and to a certain extend agree with you on the swapping of older models. However, there are sometimes (as you know) where the midsole is completely crumbled and gone, where nothing but a swap makes sense. Personally, 86-88 produced models are the only ones I'm 100% no-no on swapping - regardless of how horrible a state the shoes are in.

I totally agree - but for me.... 99 grey mini are a true exception, again such a bizarre story. I will have those and my 88 obsidians on display only.

Wife knows to burry me in my 99s :rofl:

It may be sacrilegious but if I had 99 Grey Minis and they crumbled I'd swap them things and keep wearing them. If my Cherrywoods ever crumble, you can bet your *** I'll swap them. I dont want a life in which I cant wear Cherrywoods.

This I am fine with, makes total sense. Just don't be the jabroni who puts a 97 sole on them for the gram...

Doubled on another favourite - Been said before on numerous occasions, the quality on these is A1, now's the time to scoop up pairs like this :nthat:
IMG_4887.JPG

If I could, I would. For the life of me, I cannot find these in a size 12.5 or 13! It's like they don't exist. With that said, if anyone has any leads...please holler at your boy.

If my Cherrywoods ever crumble, you can bet your *** I'll swap them. I dont want a life in which I cant wear Cherrywoods.

I think about this.. Because the split sole and air bag colour is so hard to compromise on, I had considered ordering a bespoke to replicate 1:1 in case they did eventually (god forbid) join the crumble crew.. What donor would you use for Cherrywoods?? See pic below.. The bubbles on mine are like new, but my Chloros are misting bad, which is odd considering there is hardly any time between them in production..
IMG_4888.JPG

Also copped these yesterday.. Tongue piping and split sole on a GR is all good..
IMG_4890.JPG

I think about this.. Because the split sole and air bag colour is so hard to compromise on, I had considered ordering a bespoke to replicate 1:1 in case they did eventually (god forbid) join the crumble crew.. What donor would you use for Cherrywoods?? See pic below.. The bubbles on mine are like new, but my Chloros are misting bad, which is odd considering there is hardly any time between them in production..
IMG_4888.JPG

Also copped these yesterday.. Tongue piping and split sole on a GR is all good..
IMG_4890.JPG
Tried wetting your finger and wiping the bubble? Theres two types of fogging, internal and external. Chloros shouldn’t be internally fogging yet so im guessing they should wipe clear with a wet finger. If theyre internally fogging already run them under warm water before wearing for a few seconds if you want the bubble to clear. But only until you seen the bubble clear literally before you eyes, no longer of you can risk warming up the sole glue blah blah. So as soon as the bubble clears on one side immediately run warm water on the other side then repeat on the other shoe.

Will try to de-fog with warm water later and post result..
they will get misty again after a few days, the reason that the parras dont get foggy yet is probably because they are from vietnam and are using the newer and slightly smaller air unit compared to the chloros what are still using the older and more vulnarable air units from thailand

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG
I would strip the outsole and apply to a fresh midsole. You'd have to beat them to death for the outsoles not to be re-usable. This is probably the best practice regardless tbh, they fit the original shoe the best.
Last resort you could source a white outsole and there are specific types of paint that can be used to stain that type of rubber material permanently. Recreate the blocking on the original. Obviously would be quite a challenge though.

Back
Top Bottom