THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I really thought this issue was deaded like 3 pages ago.​

I meeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...is it somehow NOT simple? Is it difficult to type that into the Google machine? Or did you somehow get different answers to YOUR google search?

I never understand these kind of responses. Literally handed the answers to your questions on a plate, only to scoff at them without consideration. WTF is the point? It's responses like this that derail any productive debate from happening and provide 0 insight.
Ok buddy

I'm agreeing with you here, and calling out the guy who replied '"A simple Google search..." LMAO', as if to imply that what you searched for wasn't simple to get the answers he wanted; i.e.- the groups that have adopted the BR flag.

His response brings nothing to the table, while also feebly trying to discredit your reply.

FD0E9061-F9F8-4B74-8688-9DE0DCEE35AD.png

Cool, way to hop on the publicity too StockX...

Werent the Betsy Ross 1s inspired by... Independence Day?
inspired by sure. unfortunately it's now being misused by others. not sure my pet monster is being used with the same intentions.

the Sixers jersey should be interesting, but not like nike has stopped producing gear for the ********.

inspired by sure. unfortunately it's now being misused by others. not sure my pet monster is being used with the same intentions.

the Sixers jersey should be interesting, but not like nike has stop producing gear for the ********.
A61BE4C0-0E6C-47A4-892F-58CD709C76B7.png

In case you missed out on the controversy back in the day...

again, I don't think I've seen groups use my pet monster to reinforce their agenda that has negative impacts on people. maybe I've overlooked that but your screenshot is a not an example of that.

again, I don't think I've seen groups use my pet monster to reinforce their agenda that has negative impacts on people. maybe I've overlooked that but your screenshot is a not an example of that.

The idea that you're not understanding why that Adidas shoe isn't okay and just inspired by a Pet Monster is making my point. The shoes are widely seen as offense to Black people drawing connections to slave shackles used in the day. Was that its original intention? Of course not but it's image was seen as such. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of StockX keeping that shoe up but taking the Betsy Ross shoe down. A shoe that a lot would agree is inspired simply by the first Flag design for the United States.

Although the discussions are now relevant to the thread with the non release of the Betsy Ross AM1 clearly this discourse is not advancing anything.

I think the main thing here is that many of these symbols are just images and any weight they carry are based on our individual perspective and as such their use will be seen by some percentage of the population as problematic.

I personally think that especially in this case with a heated a topic like the transatlantic slave trade a huge amount of sensitivity should have been employed both by the company and consumers. I find it difficult reading some of the opinions here as it shows a lack of empathy and emotional intelligence where the emotional pain, discomfort of other human beings is secondary to your ability to purchase a shoe when I believe a month earlier a shoe with a similar colour scheme was widely available.

I disagree.

How about a general thread discussing controversial/cancelled releases.

And your entitled to do so. But several times others as well as myself have tried to steer conversation in another direction only for it to return to this back and forth. So I respect other NTers right to discuss issues they feel strongly about as long as its relevant. It's up to me as an individual to decide how much I'll participate. I'll check in still and hopefully it'll all blow over soon.

Our current flag is used by white supremacists in the exact same fashion :lol:

it still has the 13 stripes that represent the colonies

throw the whole country away :rofl:

I'm not copping the Air Max's for the simple fact Nike listened to a bonafide loser. Literally. He represents a cause with no set goal, just a list of complaints. But he ain't that mad, still wants to be owned by a team, take advantage of all the opportunities the country has to offer. Ain't changed a damn thing for us... just himself.

What AM1 did yall wear today?
I wore Independence Day 95s so I can't post them in here.

Back
Top Bottom