THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

My mans and I were actually just talking about this. I live in WI and I thought we were included in that online sales tax law but I just made a huge purchase on StockX and didn’t get charged tax.

Same for Goat. Wondering if there was a change in the law.
What did you buy?

Americans complaining about paying taxes is cute.

Welcome to real life! Where everyone else has been paying VAT, GST, HST or any other form of tax on orders since the beginning of forever.

Lol
Again man I live in Illinois where some jackwad once proposed a “rain tax” based on how much rain water your roof could collect. Fortunately that hasn’t materialized. We pay plenty of taxes and they just keep increasing because of corrupt government and too many programs. And really your taxes are only real life where you live same as mine. Respect. 😁

All that said I broke down and paid just under $200 for Chinatowns. So much for self control.

Americans complaining about paying sales taxes is cute.

Welcome to real life! Where everyone else has been paying VAT, GST, HST or any other form of tax on orders since the beginning of forever.

Lol
We've always had sales tax. There's just a been a weird loophole that stores could sell online to people in states where they didn't have a store and not charge tax. Like I used to not pay tax on Kith but then they opened a store in Miami and now I pay tax. That loophole is gradually being closed and now we'll pay tax for everything online.

We've always had sales tax. There's just a been a weird loophole that stores could sell online to people in states where they didn't have a store and not charge tax. Like I used to not pay tax on Kith but then they opened a store in Miami and now I pay tax. That loophole is gradually being closed and now we'll pay tax for everything online.

Ya, I know about the whole change In the legislation. I thought it was hilarious how so many fools thought that stores were imposing this on them.

I just find it silly that people still complain about it... like cmon. It’s annoying to hear someone moan about 6-8% tax when I’m paying 30% duties on all international orders valued over $50. Or anyone in the EU paying 20% VAT locally.

Yeah the brick and mortar loophole was nice to save money. The online tax is a shock at first but will be normal soon enough. I get why, since companies like Amazon were taking away large chunks of local business and tax dollars. But you still have random differences like no food tax in Iowa, no clothing tax in Minnesota and 5 states have no sales tax at all.

Ya, I know about the whole change In the legislation. I thought it was hilarious how so many fools thought that stores were imposing this on them.

I just find it silly that people still complain about it... like cmon. It’s annoying to hear someone moan about 6-8% tax when I’m paying 30% duties on all international orders valued over $50. Or anyone in the EU paying 20% VAT locally.
I can appreciate what you’re saying. Any tax increase usually causes moaning, but again it’s perspective. I am not used to the online sales tax just like I don’t know what it’s like to have your VAT tax.

Last edited:
I live in Alaska where there's city sales tax bit no state tax, so I don't pay any tax at all on online orders. Also no state income tax, so that's nice.

I live in Alaska where there's city sales tax bit no state tax, so I don't pay any tax at all on online orders. Also no state income tax, so that's nice.
It’s up to individual states whether or not to asses sales tax to all online orders, and when to begin doing so.

this isn’t a new law, just reinterpretation of existing laws by the Supreme Court. South Dakota v wayfair

20% if you're lucky and live in the UK. VAT in most European countries is even higher than that, Denmark and Sweden pay 25% and I think Hungary and Croatia pay 27%...

The difference is that VAT in Europe is 'hidden' in the price, so when you go buy a pair of shoes and the tag says £110, you will pay £110, while in US it's added on top of whatever the price tag says, so it probably hurts a little bit more :wink:

A0C8CDF2-3107-415D-B1B1-7562EDCBEDEF.jpeg

Build, overall presentation - Longevity
Wearability (personally), color blocking - NYCC

That’s if I had to choose aspects between the two. Glad to have both pairs.

Just got my cny’s from goat and they’re damaged , mind you I’m not a stickler for stuff that’s damaged but this was an eyesore in the sneaker.

Attachments

• 791D09D2-221F-42BA-B028-C811DA5576A5.jpeg
    791D09D2-221F-42BA-B028-C811DA5576A5.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 3C9EE700-E2DB-444E-A656-727E451670F9.jpeg
    3C9EE700-E2DB-444E-A656-727E451670F9.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 103D8FC8-737F-46B2-8475-03C62231ED47.jpeg
    103D8FC8-737F-46B2-8475-03C62231ED47.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 541BED11-5241-4BA6-859E-ED0A5986287D.jpeg
    541BED11-5241-4BA6-859E-ED0A5986287D.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 568
That sucks. How do those pass verification? Should be listed as damaged.
Those were my thoughts exactly. It’s always going to be hit or miss with companies like stockx and goat good thing about goat is that as soon as I labeled an issue w an item they emailed me and I sent pics back to them

Back
Top Bottom