THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Agree about the shape 100%. You already got the AMS in? I ordered a pair on stockX yesterday. Was on the fence but @illistic 's video made me cop ha. Want to double now but idk. Those Safaris do pop up on eBay and stockX for ok (ish) prices sometimes.. just gotta be quick.

Second pair of Londons landed.. small QC issue above London eye detail, but nothing I can't fix, 1st pair was flawless..
IMG_7063.JPG

Congrats on your 2nd pair of LDNs!

yes, was lucky on drop date and hit on AMS as well on LDN. AMS good shape but a little mud difference. Still good tho! I saw some bad ones in SM...
1st LDN is a 10/10!

I wasn’t too big on the Amsterdam originally, but I flipped. So nice in hand.. if you’re a big am1 fan (you’re in this thread, so it’s likely you are) I’d say these are a must.
49AF87AC-F890-470E-8E51-D6868315D056.jpeg

Gave in and just purchased a pair. Now to see if the seller ships from Goat

jordans01 jordans01 I see those Marina Jades back there.. things are like bricks but still regret flipping mine..

DON'T wait!! city pack will just go up and up. Londons are a good example of a shoe with medium resale value now, which will climb just like the Size? "what the safaris". Probably worth doubling now imo. Wonder what the production numbers were on each shoe?? AMS seem to be more limited.

Good to see some new heads in here as well :nthat:
Haha yea I doubled up on the marinas, Doubled on Persians as well. Every time that they get a retro and disappear they’re always hard to find.

I wanna get London’s and stockX has the better price of the 2 apps but I’m afraid I’ll get a crap pair from there 😆.

Just received these Size? Dawns and I felt empowered, in my irrational opinion, that these are a better shoe than the Londons. No reason for comparing them other than personally receiving them both less than a week apart, both have a mini swoosh, and are similar in resell value. I’m going to get some head-scratches from NT fam.
ECEF8024-4207-4BDC-8E59-0CE8931EA062.jpeg
by any chance are you a size 12?

Last edited:
Got inspired by a fellow NT post. One shoe done. No ragrets!
214C571D-8A50-4938-9D8A-73906EE20E42.jpeg
Looks good! What’s your midsole repaint process? I customized my Grape Jordan 1 Gatorades into a the color blocking style of the bred toe color a while back. The midsole had cracking issues the first time. Second attempt and a slightly different approach seem to be holding up.

Looks good! What’s your midsole repaint process? I customized my Grape Jordan 1 Gatorades into a the color blocking style of the bred toe color a while back. The midsole had cracking issues the first time. Second attempt and a slightly different approach seem to be holding up.
Masked then removed the factory finish with acetone and cotton rounds. Re-masked with fresh tape and painted with 6 coats of angelus flat white with a heat gun on low setting. Lastly, I sealed the whole midsole with matte seal spray before removing tape. used a x-acto knife to scrape any run off and did any touch ups that i missed. I think foam is more durable than jordan 1 rubber when it comes to paint.

Just wondering your opinions. I have a pair of DS Obsidian AM1s and my brother in law offered to trade his Parra AM1s for my obsidian. Prices fluctuate before these were going for $500+ on GOAT and Parras was over $400+ now seems to have switched and Parra 1s goes for more. Would you still trade? Now he seems iffy lol
20200326_122231.jpg

Just wondering your opinions. I have a pair of DS Obsidian AM1s and my brother in law offered to trade his Parra AM1s for my obsidian. Prices fluctuate before these were going for $500+ on GOAT and Parras was over $400+ now seems to have switched and Parra 1s goes for more. Would you still trade? Now he seems iffy lol
20200326_122231.jpg

Which pair do you like more? That’s your choice. If you only care about value, Parras will end up more valuable because they are more limited and won’t see them made again. They will probably make obsidians again at some point.

20200326_122231.jpg

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Obsidians maybe because I don't like Dark Blue colored sneakers. With that said, I'd undoubtedly trade for the Parras. Try to ask for extra cash on top of it if they aren't too keen on the current value of the Parras.

20200326_122231.jpg

Def comes down to personal preference, I'd take the Parras, but thats because I doubled up on the obsidians and have one on ice. I think the Parras have been more 'valuable' for longer, and the obsidians have only just recently jumped up higher in the last month or so.

Back
Top Bottom