THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

NT I need some help. Found a few pairs of my AM1s with yellowing on the toe box mesh. Anyone have this happen? Posssibly from the toe box tissue?
FA64EF38-BC14-4DBA-8C42-C3361E8A014B.jpeg

NT I need some help. Found a few pairs of my AM1s with yellowing on the toe box mesh. Anyone have this happen? Posssibly from the toe box tissue?

This is a hard one - My anniversary pairs are all stored (since drop date) in open ziplocks (in boxes) and haven't yellowed at all. However - on the royals I just copped there's a slight tinge on one toe, and I'm guessing the dude just had them in box for a couple of years. I do think this is a storage issue, not sure how get the mesh white again tho. |l

This is a hard one - My anniversary pairs are all stored (since drop date) in open ziplocks (in boxes) and haven't yellowed at all. However - on the royals I just copped there's a slight tinge on one toe, and I'm guessing the dude just had them in box for a couple of years. I do think this is a storage issue, not sure how get the mesh white again tho. |l
Had the same thing happen to my watermelons and pure platinums. I ended up hand washing the mesh and then putting them in the washing machine which worked. The tissue paper is the only thing I can assume causes it. To be safe I am removing all paper but might have to reconsider using the boxes and keep them on shelves.

Since I pulled them all out, here is my AM1 collection.
8E879B46-EB0D-4965-907D-FC75E0A1D155.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not sure if it’s from the tissue but I pull it out of my pairs as soon as I get them. Got shook when I saw a pic of some Patriots with their mudguard trashed due to the paper they lay over the shoes that the owner left in with them. They were otherwise DS.

I want to see some of the larger collections laid out. dblplay1212 dblplay1212 to be close to this 🤣
1589380322212.jpeg
Na I'm not laying them out. That would take an entire day bc they are split up. I have about 1/3 on shelves, 1/3 in boxes in that room, and another 1/3 in storage. Maybe I will if I get them all under one roof at the new house. Here's the last pic of the shelves I took.

Na I'm not laying them out. That would take an entire day bc they are split up. I have about 1/3 on shelves, 1/3 in boxes in that room, and another 1/3 in storage. Maybe I will if I get them all under one roof at the new house. Here's the last pic of the shelves I took.

I just meant seeing pics like what you posted. Cool seeing what other people have and how they keep them.

That's all organized and then I have this monstrosity on the other wall. Once we signed papers on the new house I just gave up in keeping it organized. It won't be completed until October so I'll just live with this until then.

20200513_104030.jpg
This :lol: is what motivates my *** to get organized. When the boxes start piling up.

That's all organized and then I have this monstrosity on the other wall. Once we signed papers on the new house I just gave up in keeping it organized. It won't be completed until October so I'll just live with this until then.

20200513_104030.jpg
You already got your sneaker room designed and planned out?

I just meant seeing pics like what you posted. Cool seeing what other people have and how they keep them.
Gotcha. Yea I'd love to see how others are doing it. I have a much larger shoe room in the new house and I'm trying to come up with shelving ideas. I'll have something custom built but not sure what yet. I don't have a DJ Khaled budget but I want something nice lol

For storage? Not for me. I never wear the stuff in boxes. I'm too lazy to dig through them. I just walk in and every day another pair catches my eye and I grab them. I'm definitely not getting inches from the boxes and going down the row to look at colors on the box to see what's in it and I'm definitely not opening 20 boxes to find a pair I want to wear. I know that works for some but it's just not for me. I need to see them like at FootLocker. I use blackout curtains and the light is off 99% of the time. Dust is really the only concern but I haven't had any issues so far.

Back
Top Bottom