THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Screenshot_20200826-104400_Gallery.jpg

This pandemic and working from home has made me not care at all about buying sneakers anymore and I damn sure aint paying resell HOWEVER I really want a pair of those magmas.

youre not alone. was just talking to a buddy about this. when i leave the house its rarely for anything but a grocery store run or the gym. no reason to wear your fresh kicks like pre pandemic. that coupled with how hard releases have become. my desire for sneakers is declining a lot

It's simply become a chore to spend money on something I want. At some point you get tired of getting let down and just slowly drift away from caring as much. That's where I'm at.

There will never be a point where I stop buying sneakers, but I'm definitely not as pressed as I once was. Not being able to pay retail 99% of the time will do that to you.

It’s such a mess for buyers. Resellers are making around $40 at most on these but it’s costing buyers as much as $90 over retail in states with online sales tax and the double dip stockx fees. As long as people pay resell, this continues. Here’s hoping Nike is willing to make a change 🤞🏼

Not gonna happen. If you are in Kobe V thread, same songs all over.

Not gonna happen. If you are in Kobe V thread, same songs all over.
I’m not because I don’t wear Kobes and I very rarely sell a sneaker. Definitley wouldn’t flip a Kobe and profit from the tragedy of his passing. But I believe it as I’ve been in and out of dunk and Jordan threads. Pretty sure 90% of SNKRS releases are botted. People don’t know or care about the shoe, they’re hoarding everything to flip.

Just got my magmas in. Cant believe I paid as much as I did for this shoe. These anniversary pairs arent worth a penny over retail. For those still on the fence, wait it out until the price comes down.
I’ve seen some comments that they aren’t the same quality as the 2017 anniversary pairs. What are the differences?

This pandemic and working from home has made me not care at all about buying sneakers anymore and I damn sure aint paying resell HOWEVER I really want a pair of those magmas.

youre not alone. was just talking to a buddy about this. when i leave the house its rarely for anything but a grocery store run or the gym. no reason to wear your fresh kicks like pre pandemic. that coupled with how hard releases have become. my desire for sneakers is declining a lot

This has always been the key, stop caring about missing out and move on to the next one. There will always be a new release on the horizon. Even better is diversifying your brands. NB, Saucony, Reebok, Puma, Asics, all have some great releases that are way easier to obtain. It also lets you look back at the Nike hype and see how ridiculous it is.

Just got my magmas in. Cant believe I paid as much as I did for this shoe. These anniversary pairs arent worth a penny over retail. For those still on the fence, wait it out until the price comes down.

people start complaining about Magmas and evergreens. Same people copped IDs and reshaped em and acted that they look good. Lol

you paid resale, no one forced you tho

This has always been the key, stop caring about missing out and move on to the next one. There will always be a new release on the horizon. Even better is diversifying your brands. NB, Saucony, Reebok, Puma, Asics, all have some great releases that are way easier to obtain. It also lets you look back at the Nike hype and see how ridiculous it is.
Diversificating brands is the worst for me! Especially sneaker brands

I’ve always worn other brands, NB especially. Now NB is over hyped and scooping up GR’s is a struggle. I’m just not at a place in life that I can put in the same effort I did in years past. On to the next and not paying a penny over retail.

I’ve always worn other brands, NB especially. Now NB is over hyped and scooping up GR’s is a struggle. I’m just not at a place in life that I can put in the same effort I did in years past. On to the next and not paying a penny over retail.

Yeah the NB hype has been really rising which is unfortunate. Saucony has always been my dark horse, they put out some great releases with top notch materials, at a ridiculous low price.

Undefeated is washed no one wears their clothes anymore. The only reason why they're still around is because of their nike account/nike collabs. **** them

edit: I take back everything that i said about undefeated. I ****ing love undefeated won the kobe pack!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom