THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

toe shape is horrible on these.. nice colourway tho, hope not all pairs got the funky toe box..
IMG_9522.JPG

right shoe on left is bad.. left is ok..
IMG_9523.JPG

toe shape is horrible on these.. nice colourway tho, hope not all pairs got the funky toe box..
IMG_9522.JPG

right shoe on left is bad.. left is ok..
IMG_9523.JPG
thx for sharing. No shipping updates for me so far.
CW is great af. Right toe is really bad/sad. But wear em in, pretty sure they'll improve shapewise with some wears. A lot of material on the tip tho.
Hopefully there will be some more EU drops. Multiple pairs for me, no doubt!

That's going to be super dope when finished. Gonna have to stay on top of that dusting game though!

I really want a similar set up to that in my next crib but I'm such a freak about dusting and more importantly yellowing. Does anyone know how these set ups impact that stuff. The dust is obvious but is there an additional aging that comes with keep sneakers out of their box?

thx for sharing. No shipping updates for me so far.
CW is great af. Right toe is really bad/sad. But wear em in, pretty sure they'll improve shapewise with some wears. A lot of material on the tip tho.
Hopefully there will be some more EU drops. Multiple pairs for me, no doubt!

Yeah - I'm not too fussed about this stuff anymore, will wear 'em regardless. It happened with the first batch of re-craft '90s as well - the tip material on upper overhangs the tip of outsole. I think you're right, it's due to excess material. On another note, I just sold off nearly half my collection, wanna do some travelling once this covid s**t is over, made more cash than I thought I would, couldn't stand the idea of all that heat never getting worn! Only keeping stuff I 100% know I'm gonna rock from now on.

Yeah - I'm not too fussed about this stuff anymore, will wear 'em regardless. It happened with the first batch of re-craft '90s as well - the tip material on upper overhangs the tip of outsole. I think you're right, it's due to excess material. On another note, I just sold off nearly half my collection, wanna do some travelling once this covid s**t is over, made more cash than I thought I would, couldn't stand the idea of all that heat never getting worn! Only keeping stuff I 100% know I'm gonna rock from now on.

happy for you, bro!

Kicks > travelling, but that's just me. lol

I really want a similar set up to that in my next crib but I'm such a freak about dusting and more importantly yellowing. Does anyone know how these set ups impact that stuff. The dust is obvious but is there an additional aging that comes with keep sneakers out of their box?

Yellowing is due to exposure to light if I recall correctly. Best example I can think of right now are the WC4's mesh

Yellowing is due to exposure to light if I recall correctly. Best example I can think of right now are the WC4's mesh

I remember reading something a long time ago about how the boxes are actually designed to preserve the life of our sneakers (I don't Nike ever intentionally designed our kicks to last 20 years but it happens).

I love seeing those open displays but I think the faster again process will forever keep me away sadly

That's going to be super dope when finished. Gonna have to stay on top of that dusting game though!
In theory the motorized shades that will drop down from the top and hang to the floor should protect them from dust and sunlight. After deciding to go that route, I didn't want just plain white shades. Thr cases are 17'x11' so that would be a huge white nothing wall. So I got with the shade guy and we're working on materials that can be painted on. The idea would be to have a local graffiti artist paint the shades before they go on the roller. So when they drop down it will be a graffiti wall. Talked to singledout singledout about it and he had the idea of making each shade it's own piece, like this:

IMG_1871.jpg

So then he got bored and make custom ones for me and it killed me.

IMG_1894.jpg

I've never met the guy but he knows enough about me to include Pac, Big, Jeeps, my dog that passed away last year, my kid's initial, Yankees, Bama, my city skyline, etc. Thought that was awesome. So it won't be this but something like this. A personal graffiti wall on a roller. Will look dope and also protect the shoes.

I've had all of mine on shelves for 4+ years now and didn't have an issue. I think the fact they are in cubbies helps with dust. The top of the case got dusty but the cubbies didn't. I had blackout shades in windows so only light was when I was in there and turned on lights.

Old set up:

IMG_20180810_093153_648.jpg

CE0784E4-E9E4-4C2F-A291-70FA5B0631FD.png

Lol why did I enter for these? I must’ve been outta it after surgery when I did or something 🤦🏻‍♂️

I got these delivered today. Not too crazy about them. It's unbelievably difficult to scratch away the top layer. The cloth they give you is pretty much useless. I'd be about as effective rubbing them with cotton wool.

Any smaller spots still have the spiral sages or mystic dates online? Also how do those fit in comparison to the anniversary pairs?

Any smaller spots still have the spiral sages or mystic dates online? Also how do those fit in comparison to the anniversary pairs?

Cpl sizes left

i don't have any of my shoes in boxes and maybe 5 pairs out of 140 have yellowed. they also happened to be with me when I lived in a super humid climate (japan). and they're getting up there in age (decade +)

Last edited:
Goddamn stockx, I ordered Marina BWs in an 11, just got an 11.5 in the mail. I know this isn't the BW thread, I just needed to vent.

CE0784E4-E9E4-4C2F-A291-70FA5B0631FD.png

Lol why did I enter for these? I must’ve been outta it after surgery when I did or something 🤦🏻‍♂️

Haha im in the same boat, I entered when they were announced, then the more I saw about them the less I liked them, forgot to cancel my entry and BAM, first ever raffle win. They must not have had many people enter. Annoying too cause they are sitting on Nike AUS for $50 less than END pricing. Ahhh well, will see what theyre like when they get here....

Cpl sizes left

Thanks, need a 12 or 13 depending on how they fit.

I've had all of mine on shelves for 4+ years now and didn't have an issue. I think the fact they are in cubbies helps with dust. The top of the case got dusty but the cubbies didn't. I had blackout shades in windows so only light was when I was in there and turned on lights.

Old set up:

IMG_20180810_093153_648.jpg

Are you from New Orleans by any chance? Only ask because I noticed the lime green laces in the HOF 3s

Back
Top Bottom