THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I typically try to get 12.5 in AM1s, torn between going for 12 or 13 in the sages and mystics. 12.5 seems to be stockx/ebay or bust at this point.

20201231_175923.jpg
HAPPY NEW YEAR NT FAM

Hi guys, i found a pair of Air Max 1's at a preloved store in Malaysia. Priced at RM78 which is about 19 US dollars. I've searched everywhere on the web but couldn't find the exact same pair online. Can you guys help me out? I would like to know if this model even exists, original price range, model etc etc. Thanks so much!
20201229_194625.jpg

Maaaaaaaybe Nike will do that.

With Nike retro having upped their game with the 90s/AMIII, bringing back big bubble 87s doesn't seem too far fetched. God knows I don't need anymore OG reds, but would find it hard to pass on 100/101 level big bubble AM1s.

Considering how faithful to the OG they were with the '17 anniversaries, I wonder why they didn't implement the OG air unit back then? I remember watching a vid similar to the 90s one, about how they studied the OG 87s before building the retro, albeit focusing mainly on shape. Wonder if there is some technical reason?

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, Nike changed AM1 midsoles during their original run because it didn't last or something. Idk if they changed air unit size, or just made windows smaller, but you can see plenty of og pairs with a smaller bubble.
38daf775e53603a0b72263482d20b87d.jpg

Not sure why everyone is praising the Annis so much. I mean I have all 4 of them myself and I like them but Nike could have done so much better.

For some reason for a very long time AM1 retro midsoles are made of stiff material with a grainish texture (?). OGs didn't have that. I also don't know any other retro shoes that have that. Why not fix cushioning & smooth material for a decent retro. On top of that, Annis have this way too shiny white paint over it. That doesn't really look Sleek Lightweight Athletic Shoe, right? Just look at that OG pair midsole in the post above.

Of the recrafted 1s, the Indonesia cws are way more comfortable than Annis. Midsole seems to be different material, although it looks almost the same. No bright shiny paint on it either.

Furthermore, the fake felt. Fix it, for a decent retro.

And last, Anni toeboxes seen from the top have way too much fabric (felt) on the lateral side. Some other cws have this as well - Watermelons, DesertSands f.e., but not all of them, some look way more symmetrical from above. You don't really see this on Nikes stock pics however.

All of these things makes the Annis feel almost bulky to me.

I think Nike did a better job on the AMIIIs, although they also feel very slightly bulky, compared to f.e. Neon & Turqs recrafts.

Not sure why everyone is praising the Annis so much. I mean I have all 4 of them myself and I like them but Nike could have done so much better.

For some reason for a very long time AM1 retro midsoles are made of stiff material with a grainish texture (?). OGs didn't have that. I also don't know any other retro shoes that have that. Why not fix cushioning & smooth material for a decent retro. On top of that, Annis have this way too shiny white paint over it. That doesn't really look Sleek Lightweight Athletic Shoe, right? Just look at that OG pair midsole in the post above.

Of the recrafted 1s, the Indonesia cws are way more comfortable than Annis. Midsole seems to be different material, although it looks almost the same. No bright shiny paint on it either.

Furthermore, the fake felt. Fix it, for a decent retro.

And last, Anni toeboxes seen from the top have way too much fabric (felt) on the lateral side. Some other cws have this as well - Watermelons, DesertSands f.e., but not all of them, some look way more symmetrical from above. You don't really see this on Nikes stock pics however.

All of these things makes the Annis feel almost bulky to me.

I think Nike did a better job on the AMIIIs, although they also feel very slightly bulky, compared to f.e. Neon & Turqs recrafts.
I think I remember them saying they based the shape of the Ani's on like the HOA pairs and not the actual Og's but I could be wrong.

Because they are the best looking OG's retro since HOAs? And after all the dark ages pairs they look just incredible.

Speaking about midsoles. I wish nike used phylone-like material they use on current models. There is no reason to do this on cortez etc, but for AM1, 90 this will make them more comfy, lightweight and durable without sacrificing the looks. That's why I was always defending ultra versions, although they aren't exactly what I'm talking about because of slightly different midsole's design.

This is a long shot but months ago someone posted a picture of Londons with blue laces that matched them perfectly. I know people asked at the time what they were, did we ever get an answer? Pulled my pair out today and remembered it, I'd still really like a pair if anyone can help.

How do the “live together play together” Air Max 1’s fit in comparison to the Spiral Sages?

Got Sprial Sages in an 11.5, but they were tight in the mid foot area. Should I half size up in the Live together Play together, or will an 11.5 be ok in those as well due to different materials?

This is a long shot but months ago someone posted a picture of Londons with blue laces that matched them perfectly. I know people asked at the time what they were, did we ever get an answer? Pulled my pair out today and remembered it, I'd still really like a pair if anyone can help.

These laces are exactly the color.

With Nike retro having upped their game with the 90s/AMIII, bringing back big bubble 87s doesn't seem too far fetched. God knows I don't need anymore OG reds, but would find it hard to pass on 100/101 level big bubble AM1s.

Considering how faithful to the OG they were with the '17 anniversaries, I wonder why they didn't implement the OG air unit back then? I remember watching a vid similar to the 90s one, about how they studied the OG 87s before building the retro, albeit focusing mainly on shape. Wonder if there is some technical reason?
Pretty sure they based the Anniversaries off the 05 Urawa. And I'm fine with that bc I like the mid 2000 shape better than the 87 shape.

I've always wondered why 87 is considered the og over the 86. We all know the 86 exists. The big bubble is the 86. Why isn't that the year the anniversary is based off? This should be the 35th anniversary.

Pretty sure they based the Anniversaries off the 05 Urawa. And I'm fine with that bc I like the mid 2000 shape better than the 87 shape.

I've always wondered why 87 is considered the og over the 86. We all know the 86 exists. The big bubble is the 86. Why isn't that the year the anniversary is based off? This should be the 35th anniversary.

IIRC, korea made 86 were technically promo samples and prototypes and not a general release.The original big bubbles used a sandwich construction for the midsole encapsulating the bubble which I gather wasn’t a durable or effective mass production method.

Back
Top Bottom