THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Anyone else have these and find them wildly uncomfortable? Am1s have always ranged for me between "not completely uncomfortable" and "most comfortable shoes ever", but these were actively painful after like 3 hours of wear. I'm really surprised to have this happen with am1s and am wondering if I'm the only one. I got them used but judging by the sole they hurt the first owners feet too, no way he wore them more than a couple times.

20220217_175841.jpg

The Oregon pair is cool and I want to get excited about them because they’re different, they’re loud, and it’s an AM1. But these days even GRs feel extremely limited. So, speaking for myself, these aren’t even on the table as a possibility.

Willing to bet we’ll see at least one personal pair posted in here. 🤞🏼

Last edited:
The Oregon pair is cool and I want to get excited about them because they’re different, they’re loud, and it’s an AM1. But these days even GRs feel extremely limited. So, speaking for myself, these aren’t even on the table as a possibility.

Willing to bet we’ll see at least one personal pair posted in here. 🤞🏼
I'm afraid those go for stupid money. I'm not anti-NFT but there's a lot of people that way overvalue anything remotely associated with an NFT. Like people were paying $5k for an NFT backed by an AMM AJ3 that sells for like $800. I'll be surprised if these AM1 go for less than $5k and thats absurd imo.

I'm afraid those go for stupid money. I'm not anti-NFT but there's a lot of people that way overvalue anything remotely associated with an NFT. Like people were paying $5k for an NFT backed by an AMM AJ3 that sells for like $800. I'll be surprised if these AM1 go for less than $5k and thats absurd imo.
94A7D55F-EB90-4F81-821F-7401BED40920.jpeg

I don’t understand the value people put on them either and to be honest I don’t ever see myself owning any NFTs. But people will spend a lot of money for “the collection” so that’s why I wouldn’t be surprise to see 1 pair pop up. Albeit a long shot.

94A7D55F-EB90-4F81-821F-7401BED40920.jpeg

I don’t understand the value people put on them either and to be honest I don’t ever see myself owning any NFTs. But people will spend a lot of money for “the collection” so that’s why I wouldn’t be surprise to see 1 pair pop up. Albeit a long shot.
I've tried to educate myself on all of it and some of it makes sense and some of it it just sketch to me. Like I get using them for authentication. That's a legit use and I welcome it in sneakers. But almost every NFT project, including this one by Nike, adds in a club aspect to it. Like "You'll be in this club and we plan on doing so much for the members in the future!" Sounds great but I think it's much more likely that Nike forgets what that club is within a week of this release. Sure it'd be awesome if the members got an auto W on all snkrs releases forever but I don't see that happening.

Screenshot_20220218-191811_Chrome.jpg

I've tried to educate myself on all of it and some of it makes sense and some of it it just sketch to me. Like I get using them for authentication. That's a legit use and I welcome it in sneakers. But almost every NFT project, including this one by Nike, adds in a club aspect to it. Like "You'll be in this club and we plan on doing so much for the members in the future!" Sounds great but I think it's much more likely that Nike forgets what that club is within a week of this release. Sure it'd be awesome if the members got an auto W on all snkrs releases forever but I don't see that happening.

Screenshot_20220218-191811_Chrome.jpg
That’s because NFTs are so new and didn’t Nike just invest, purchase, partner with a company that creates NFTs? So they probably don’t even have an idea what exactly the additions or future utilities are.

I have a friend that collects Funko Pops and they released a pack of TMNT NFT cards at a reasonable price. In those cards you could end up with a special edition NFT that you have the option to trade in later for a physical Pop of that NFT. Cool idea that gets you an exclusive product.

If Nike was selling blind NFTs for a small price and it’s random who gets a lucky one allowing you to purchase the sneaker later, I’d give it a shot. Come to think of it, that’s basically a SNKRS draw right? :lol:

But I’m not into paying silly amounts of money for something that will deteriorate and require repair in 10-15 years.

Bron signed a lifetime deal with Nike. He is definitely at least a part of the brand.

Nike is so big tho. It's not like the Jordan days where he carries the brand on his back. Bron could probably have left after the 9 and it would've had very little impact on the brand.

I guess it's always in Nikes best interest to have a deal with the best player in just about any sport though.

Back
Top Bottom