THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

How much they went for
A few sold for $25k+, then a few more in the 15-20k range, then a few in the 5-10k range. About 30 pairs sold over 7 hours as the price came down and then the last 80 all sold in 3 minutes around $4600. Pretty weird how that happened honestly. Now they are selling for $10k on open seas. Makes no sense. Seems more likely it was a coordinated buy from a discord group and they are now selling them to each other on open seas to artificially set the floor. Who wouldn't pay $5k for a pair at 10pm but paid $10k at 10:30pm?

A few sold for $25k+, then a few more in the 15-20k range, then a few in the 5-10k range. About 30 pairs sold over 7 hours as the price came down and then the last 80 all sold in 3 minutes around $4600. Pretty weird how that happened honestly. Now they are selling for $10k on open seas. Makes no sense. Seems more likely it was a coordinated buy from a discord group and they are now selling them to each other on open seas to artificially set the floor. Who wouldn't pay $5k for a pair at 10pm but paid $10k at 10:30pm?
Wow

Definitely a coordinated effort. Everything is some type of hustle/scam nowadays unfortunately!

Pic from my archives. Huf Air Max 1 samples. This is from a Sole Collector event at Nike Town San Fran 15+ years ago.

HufAM1's.jpg

just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

check OpenSea or, if you want to get in the weeds, Etherscan. the transactions are all there. thats the beauty of the blockchain, you can't really hide what goes on.

NFT values can change dramatically in minutes, a day is an eternity.

Today some were "selling" for $25k. Who was paying $25k for something they could have bought for $5k yesterday? It wasn't a raffle, anyone could have bought at any point. I just don't buy it.

Could be people who realize there's an investment opportunity after the event. They probably weren't checking for the NFT like that when it was at $5k. But then they see that pairs traded on the platform are trending upwards so they decided to hop on it now for $25k hoping it will go up from there.

It's like people with cryptocurrency. Say some crypto is selling for $10 each. A week later prices shoot up to $50. People could've bought it for $10 a week ago, but didn't because they didn't think anything of it. They then see that it shot up to $50 so they decide to buy some now hoping it will continue to trend upwards.

just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

check OpenSea or, if you want to get in the weeds, Etherscan. the transactions are all there. thats the beauty of the blockchain, you can't really hide what goes on.

NFT values can change dramatically in minutes, a day is an eternity.
You can follow the accounts but you don't know who owns them. It could be 5 guys with 10 accounts each just moving them to each other. It's like the LV AF1, they didn't quadruple in value the day after the auction ended.

You can follow the accounts but you don't know who owns them. It could be 5 guys with 10 accounts each just moving them to each other. It's like the LV AF1, they didn't quadruple in value the day after the auction ended.
Sure there could be some pumping. Personally I doubt it. 120 is extremely small collection size for NFTs, plus theres the added aspect of the physical shoe.

Seems like people got hit with the FOMO and thats why the price went up so quickly. it happens, especially with NFTs.

Sure there could be some pumping. Personally I doubt it. 120 is extremely small collection size for NFTs, plus theres the added aspect of the physical shoe.

Seems like people got hit with the FOMO and thats why the price went up so quickly. it happens, especially with NFTs.
You can choose to believe that. I don't. It was up 4x in an hour after they all sold really quick lol.

just chalk it up to not understanding how this works and move on. no need to create conspiracy theories.
I understand how it works. I also understand there's a lot of pumping in nft's/crypto. That's not a conspiracy, it's a fact. Sorry, I don't buy something being able to be bought by anyone, sold, and then going up 4x what it sold for less than an hour later.

I understand how it works. I also understand there's a lot of pumping in nft's/crypto. That's not a conspiracy, it's a fact. Sorry, I don't buy something being able to be bought by anyone, sold, and then going up 4x what it sold for less than an hour later.

Are you talking about the shoes or the nft? I think a lot of people who may love the idea of a 1 of 120 AM1 do not own the crypto required to purchase via the auction or know how to establish that type of account. Probably the majority of am1 heads didnt even know this was happening.

Back
Top Bottom