THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Nike did Europe dirty 😔
78F81B0E-4BA2-4F5D-8DD4-00C005CFB639.jpeg

Price coming down nicely on the mellows. Should be even better after snkrs release. Hoping i can get em for 250 or less. 🙏

I'd hope these dropping resale prices will keep resellers away from the next two, but who am I kidding, there was a NB release a few weeks back where dudes were out here flipping for a net $1 profit after fees and shipping and still doing it. Sucks as a buyer that for their measly profit we have to pay a good chunk over retail.

Assuming the shoes cost about $185 retail, a pair that sells for $250 on Stockx will net the seller about $30 profit after their fees. Meanwhile for buyers that $250 is actually $295 after tax and shipping and fees. So we have to pay $110 over retail for that reseller to make $30.

I'd hope these dropping resale prices will keep resellers away from the next two, but who am I kidding, there was a NB release a few weeks back where dudes were out here flipping for a net $1 profit after fees and shipping and still doing it. Sucks as a buyer that for their measly profit we have to pay a good chunk over retail.

Assuming the shoes cost about $185 retail, a pair that sells for $250 on Stockx will net the seller about $30 profit after their fees. Meanwhile for buyers that $250 is actually $295 after tax and shipping and fees. So we have to pay $110 over retail for that reseller to make $30.
This is probably one of my biggest gripes with the current system.

The only people really getting money are the apps as middle men.

eBay was a lot cooler last year when there was no fee on sales over 200. Now pretty much everything sucks on both the buying and selling experience.

I have a bid on the mellows at 215 on SX. It will cost me 250 shipped when it's all said and done. I'm more than sure whoever accepts my offer will net like 5-10 bucks over retail. Not to mention the potential tax ramifications that will come downstream once the seller files next year.

It really just makes no sense to resell at this point, you would think this would at least de-incentivize resellers but every release it's the same old ****.

Last edited:
Man, 11.5 struggle is real...There are more than 5 times more pairs of Mellow on Ebay in size 11...

11: 26 pairs
11.5: 5 pairs

Up that production Nike, 11.5 ain't even that rare of a size.

Back
Top Bottom