THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Here are some reasons why you may think that:

I’ve Been Purchasing Sneakers For Over 2 Decades Buddy, I Assure You My Determination Of Quality Leather Has Nothing To Do With AJ1’s :lol:

Despite What You’re Trying To Convince Us Of, That Leather LOOKS To Be Darn Good For What We Expect From Nike In A Normal GR AM1 Release….

Will Confirm Once In Hand But SEVERAL Members With Pairs In Hand Now Have Made Comments Along These Lines :wink:

You Can Spin It However You Want, But You’re Wrong >D

I’ve Been Purchasing Sneakers For Over 2 Decades Buddy, I Assure You My Determination Of Quality Leather Has Nothing To Do With AJ1’s :lol:
Sorry, I intended the entire thread as a good discussion on why it seems sneakerheads have decided that soft, tumbled leather is good.

If Your Abilities To Use The Quote Function Here Are Any Indication Of Your Leather Expertise…

:lol:

In All Seriousness Tho, We’re Debating About Leather Neither One Of Us Has In Hand At This Point So…..

Those Pics Definitely Suggest That Leather Is Of Higher Quality Than Your Average Nike Release However

Guess We’ll See

I mean damn we're talking about $150-$200 sneakers. We're not talking about $2k bags. "Good leather" in $150 sneakers is relative. There's a huge difference in the cheap hard plastic like leather on gr white on white af1's and shattered backboard leather. Is it super premium high end leather? Of course not, but it's good relative to the other stuff used in cheap mass produced sneakers. If you're looking for high end leather, don't buy $150 sneakers. When some mean says good leather on NT, realize it's relative to the other materials used on sneakers and miss me with the "well actually..." crap.

I had the OG Atmos Elephants, and I hated looking down at the toe box every time because of the existing yet inevitable creases. I recall the leather on those being soft and thin. That's the main reason why I prefer mesh, ESP on an AM1. Again, if you don't want your mesh based Atmos design, let me know! :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_eyes:

Safari Toe :emoji_lion_face::emoji_leopard::emoji_rhino:👣

Air Max NBY - Safari Toe.png

This design is a follow-up to my "Elephant Toe" AM1 NIKEiD (at the time) design from 2012 which follows very similar colorblocking. This time, I wanted to pay homage to the OG AirSafari cw and its accents. However, I wanted those accents to be the primary focus for this design.

Last edited:
I had the OG Atmos Elephants, and I hated looking down at the toe box every time because of the existing yet inevitable creases. I recall the leather on those being soft and thin. That's the main reason why I prefer mesh, ESP on an AM1. Again, if you don't want your mesh based Atmos design, let me know! :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_eyes:

Safari Toe :emoji_lion_face::emoji_leopard::emoji_rhino:👣

Air Max NBY - Safari Toe.png

This design was blend of my "Elephant Toe" AM1 NIKEiD from 2012 which followed the very similar colorblocking. This time, I wanted to pay homage to the OG Safari 87 cw and primarily its accents. However, I wanted those accents to be the primary "highlight".
These are super nice, homie. 👍

Yo AM1 fam, hope you’ve all been well. Blessed to have spent time with mom this past weekend. Didn’t realize how many sneakers I’ve bought her the last couple years, so took a quick pic. Both my parents love Air Maxes! Dad also is into AJ1. (They’re both in their 60s)

65D2E659-7CC3-4B24-AAB8-F66A57948C23.jpeg

For the people asking how the treelines fit. My TTS is US 8,5, and my feet are slightly on the wide side. I wear dunk lows in 8,5 and air max in 8,5. However, these fit a bit snug, so I went half size up and they fit perfectly. The concepts pack were roomier, so I went TTS in those.

I’m usually not for the mis-match pair but I thought this collab fit that aesthetic…
64B91684-EC9D-424D-947F-71D962B0A4A1.jpeg

Mixmatching?! What are you, colorblind/5 anos of age? Kakaka. I'm just yanking your peperoni stick. Personally, just waiting on a pair of Heavy's in size 11.5 to go for under 280 shipped and i'm on it. I'm all aboot that breh. Kudos to you for doing something different (i don't see it everyday, aside from my own fits :smile:

Otherwise, picked up my feaux Atmosphereic Jadebergs last night... they are really dull, but I plan on making some "modifications" if you will.

Nothing special... but good thing Minh Ho ordered the same shoes I did (and even wears the same size). Nice...

IMG_6882.jpg

Straight from the orient... on some zen...

Mixmatching?! What are you, colorblind/5 anos of age? Kakaka. I'm just yanking your peperoni stick. Personally, just waiting on a pair of Heavy's in size 11.5 to go for under 280 shipped and i'm on it. I'm all aboot that breh. Kudos to you for doing something different (i don't see it everyday, aside from my own fits :smile:

Otherwise, picked up my feaux Atmosphereic Jadebergs last night... they are really dull, but I plan on making some "modifications" if you will.

Nothing special... but good thing Minh Ho ordered the same shoes I did (and even wears the same size). Nice...

IMG_6882.jpg

Straight from the orient... on some zen...

you get a like for the GTR........ :lol: :emoji_fire:

Back
Top Bottom