THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but those LV8's were some of my favorite AM1 GR releases in a while. Nice simple anniversary style color blocking with decent quality and the mini swoosh was a cool accent, though the shape could have been better. Wish Nike would do another round of those with more CW's.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but those LV8's were some of my favorite AM1 GR releases in a while. Nice simple anniversary style color blocking with decent quality and the mini swoosh was a cool accent, though the shape could have been better. Wish Nike would do another round of those with more CW's.
These were my introduction to the AM 1 world after solely buying AM 90s. They did a great job with these.

IMG-2795.jpg

love em

Finally got an “Almost Done” email this morning for my 05/23 order.

Same… need that to turn into shipping asap. I’ll be in the city I shipped em to next weekend, going to be sad if they aren’t delivered before I leave again for a few more weeks.

Have you painted swooshes before? If so, how many layers, do you apply a finisher, and do you experience any fading, scuffing, or chipping?
I have dabbled around a bit with painting different parts of shoes with a varying degree of results.
I will apply a finisher to theses swooshes and just wear and find out how they age. I dont believe these will fade chip or scuff. I applied two light coats and the color covered quite well on the light safari pattern.
I will be doing the same for my next pair that’s coming in and have a cool idea that will involve painting again for my fourth pair if Nike does another round .

couldn’t agree more fam. i hadn’t bought a pair of AM1s in like 3-4 years and pretty much liquidated my collection until the LV8s came outs

last summer, i was giving some former students a walking tour of uc berkeley’s campus. i was wearing my old *** QS varsity blues. long story short, the uppers detached from midsoles and **** was clappin like a round of applause with every step. i walked over to the skate shop and saw the green LV8s. first time i’d ever walked out of a store wearing what i just bought. stupid mini swoosh got me aroused. but after that, i was back in the damn AM1 game.

Back
Top Bottom