THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

They came, check 'em out!!!
20220810_151938.jpg

20220810_152118.jpg
20220810_152222.jpg
Looks good. Only gripe is, if you're gonna do OG color blocking, you should do the og outsole pattern as well.

Imo

Not to get too far away from the sneakers / topic, but a lot of good insights and comments over the past page.

My two coins, companies in general have been going through a variety of challenges since the pandemic. The “Sneaker Industry” as a whole has taken a nosedive in my eyes. Resellers have always been around, but the sheer volume of individuals getting into it during the pandemic coupled with those who really care nothing about sneakers has ballooned and sullied the sneaker “game”. I’ve been a sneaker junkie for decades so I don’t want to come across as a bitter “old man” lol but it’s just saddening to see. It’s becoming an impossible task to obtain almost everything, across brands. And it’s not even always hyped or collaborated sneakers. It’s crazy. Ex. Complaints from customers trying to get LaMelo’s Pumas. The hype surrounding almost any NB sneaker even ones that are not collabs. Nikes and Jordan’s, it’s fair to assume we all know the struggles. Under Amour is having financial difficulties and their releases around their main athlete Steph Curry, related to his record breaking seasons and championship run, has been abysmal. It’s just been bad across brands. It seems like the perfect time for competitors to jump in and steal Nikes share of the pie but every brand seems to be falling short.

In terms of customization across the brands, all have taken a huge step back with their respective programs. Adidas did away with their customization program several years ago as did Under Armour. NB has put their program on “hold”. NBY / Nike ID and Bespoke offerings has been dramatically reduced and certain models / programs completely discontinued. Not sure if the costs are too high and the profits don’t add up but it’s been falling by the wayside for most brands.

Apologies for getting a bit off topic, but seems like there’s some in this thread who get it.

JS”

The level of demand has increased so much more than brands could have anticipated
Demand has increased but realistically what is the demand?

Resellers and folks just trying to make a buck cause they know they can click a couple buttons on a app and then they can return it if it bricks.

So called demand for tons of recent air maxes and sold out draws etc (Bunch of AM1, BW, Structures, etc) then a couple weeks go by and it’s back down to below retail.

Seems like the folks who really want the shoes can’t really get them and tbh I’m content with striking out and not paying resale prices. On to the next one.

Demand has increased but realistically what is the demand?

Resellers and folks just trying to make a buck cause they know they can click a couple buttons on a app and then they can return it if it bricks.

So called demand for tons of recent air maxes and sold out draws etc (Bunch of AM1, BW, Structures, etc) then a couple weeks go by and it’s back down to below retail.

Seems like the folks who really want the shoes can’t really get them and tbh I’m content with striking out and not paying resale prices. On to the next one.
I like seeing Nike block returns from high volume returners finally, make those dudes get a real job.

Was in NYC this past weekend and stopped by 21 Mercer. Had a good conversation with a few of the old bespoke consultants including a few of the older ones that were in the house.

Shame the program ended so abruptly. They told me before the program ended that new silhouettes were going to be added... Jordan 1 high and low included.

We also had a good discussion about how Nike is currently is losing "the streets" and/or it's core fanbase. The discussion included the removal of programs like bespokes and the scarcity of them NBY program, to the inability to get anything worth owning at retail, the snkrs app, and how rigged everything is. Etc

They're was about 6 guys in on the conversation and it was very interesting. (Interesting to a nerd like me)

Nike will prob never be overtaken as the number 1 brand. But the gap between them and everyone else has narrowed. Nike has always been a company that concerns themselves with the distance between them and everyone else.

They all agreed that the decisions that are important to real sneaker connoisseurs are always made by people at Nike that have no idea of what made the company what it is today. They also all agreed that in 5 or 10 years, at this pace, the landscape will look allot different than it is today... If Nike continues with it's current tactics.

I know this is loosely am1 based at best. But thought I'd share the story with the best thread on NT.

Cheers AM1 family.

Such a shame they stopped the Bespoke program. I had made a few bespokes and had plans for more.

I remember during a visit to the UK store to see new materials and to speak to the consultants I was informed they would be emailing peeps who had done bespokes to ask for feedback and what other silhouettes peeps wanted to see. I was told peeps were asking for J1's. If the email had actually been sent out I would have asked for dunks as was heavy into them at the time, ah well.

Hopefully one day the program will come back, here's to hoping :D

I’ m tempted to complete the set, i know if i do it, they will stay in the closet for a long period

thats what I just started, i got 5 pairs to go but they are cheap so i got time

looking to do a double set

past patta maxes have shown these are good investments so im going based off history, could b wrong but f it

thats what I just started, i got 5 pairs to go but they are cheap so i got time

looking to do a double set

past patta maxes have shown these are good investments so im going based off history, could b wrong but f it

were the older patta pairs available online, like how these are?
or was it more of an instore only.

the older patta maxes were available online and in store and were very cheap after release for a very long time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom