THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Came in from Nike a few days ago

6D9F31B2-ABFE-477E-9F99-EE1E70DB049A.jpeg

Been eyeing the SR-019
Tried those on first and loved them but opted for the 13s cuz they’re slimmer

On topic: collabs have been fire this year and they’re more limited than GRs so understandable that they’d sell out versus a nice GR at the same price .

Plus folks are broke out here and or being more responsible with their purchasing habits. And I think resellers have been burned too many times and aren’t buying up everything

We moved houses 2 years ago. I kept 200 in my shoe room and the rest were in storage. In theory it would be great taking pairs to and from storage but it never happened for. The stuff in storage just sat there. And the mew boxes coming in mostly stacked in corners in my shoe room. 30 worn pairs scattered across the floor bc they won't fit on my wall and I'm too lazy to take stuff off the wall and take it to storage. It just became a mess and that room became a disaster. I want to get it back under control so I can enjoy tjay room instead of it just causing stress.
Im pretty much in the same boat but to a slightly lesser extent. Im sat on about 400-450 pairs I estimate. Its just become too much in the last 6 months or so. Im considering dumping a few hundred at least. The older pairs most likely first.

Its either spend a load on extra storage space at home or downsize.

I want to do a group photo before I start getting rid but even that will be a mammoth task.

Doesnt help that I live on a muddy farm in rural England. Pairs tend to get filthy even after 1 or 2 wears.

Respect dblplay1212 dblplay1212

I am also moving into the next phase of my admiration for sneakers and air max 1s specifically.

And...

While my "collection" is nowhere as extensive as yours and some of my true am1 slack brethren also here on NT, I'm to the point now where I'm getting off pairs that have no chance of being worn by me.

In addition, from now on, I'll be super selective on what I cop. I may even adopt a 1 for 1 policy to limit myself moving fwd. (If I cop one, I have to sell one)

At some point, enough is enough.

Imo

Respect dblplay1212 dblplay1212

I am also moving into the next phase of my admiration for sneakers and air max 1s specifically.

And...

While my "collection" is nowhere as extensive as yours and some of my true am1 slack brethren also here on NT, I'm to the point now where I'm getting off pairs that have no chance of being worn by me.

In addition, from now on, I'll be super selective on what I cop. I may even adopt a 1 for 1 policy to limit myself moving fwd. (If I cop one, I have to sell one)

At some point, enough is enough.

Imo
I agree, sometimes even now, when I buy one, I immediately think will I actually wear this or does it just have a shade different than another pair I have to justify the purchase but not justify keeping them. We mock the hype but it gets us as well.

haha we all go through it. I've purged a few times over the years. Had a few hundred jordans at one point and sold them all to move to a new city. Then had pretty much every asics and diadora worth having and sold all of those to fund the reno's on buying our first house.

they come they go but some how nike always pulls me back in

Yeah werd I wouldn't amass any of these shoes if they wouldn't give me some kind of return in case of emergency or bigger/better things. I just did the math on all my 2022 cops (old and new releases), 17 pairs for about $3,000 give or take. Ebay steals and sales helped balance out some resale cops I made but overall not too bad. Next year's gonna be slow though I'm going to Japan :nthat: trip of a lifetime, big thanks to ta2and0 ta2and0 for some info about that

haha we all go through it. I've purged a few times over the years. Had a few hundred jordans at one point and sold them all to move to a new city. Then had pretty much every asics and diadora worth having and sold all of those to fund the reno's on buying our first house.

they come they go but some how nike always pulls me back in
Nike has done that a few times to me too, but we'll see.....we'll all be 70 year olds rocking heat lol

Back
Top Bottom