THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I’m still lookin for that “sweet spot”, when it comes to number of pairs. I’m thinkin gettin down to 50 may be it, triple digits sure ain’t for me no more >D

When I went up to 63 pairs about 5.5 years ago, I was like "dear God, this is too much" and took a trip that just got me to offload 35+ pairs.

It's funny... when you ask an average person how many shoes they got and what for, they'll say "oh I just have 2 pairs of shoes: my everyday shoes/boots and my gym shoes." You ask a sneakerhead this question, we'll say "oh we have 10 pairs for the rain, 30 pairs for fancy occasions, 90 pairs for beaters, and 1 pair for wedding shoes." Not exactly like that, but conceptually ridiculous-sounding. :lol:

On that note though, that's honestly how I'm trying to narrow my pairs down. The few dailys to rotate, a few weekend shoes to rotate, 1 for workout, and 1 or 2 for hiking and inclement weather. Sounds easy, but again... so many good choices out there that it's hard to keep that collection small.

Last edited:
Oh yeah nothing new, amazed by the quality but have to send those back, im in the group who have to half size up. Second pair with the « correct » size on the way
F31F92F0-5017-42E1-A21B-CD0F7723BE0B.jpeg

Glad I got mine from Nike then. They're still sitting and cheaper on StockX in my size so probably going to return my Nike order anyway. Just wanted to see how they fit.

Excluding NBYs, donors (upper and soles) and older releases (from 2021 and older), I purchased 50 new releases (different brands) that launched in 2022. And I thought I was pretty picky/selective this year too, but it added up LOL
I bought a lot i don't think I hit 50 tho.

I tried counting up my receipts and I'm around 35 (for me) probably 50 total if you count the stuff I bought for my wife and kid.

Gotta do less of this next year.

When I went up to 63 pairs about 5.5 years ago, I was like "dear God, this is too much" and took a trip that just got me to offload 35+ pairs.

It's funny... when you ask an average person how many shoes they got and what for, they'll say "oh I just have 2 pairs of shoes: my everyday shoes/boots and my gym shoes." You ask a sneakerhead this question, we'll say "oh we have 10 pairs for the rain, 30 pairs for fancy occasions, 90 pairs for beaters, and 1 pair for wedding shoes." Not exactly like that, but conceptually ridiculous-sounding. :lol:

On that note though, that's honestly how I'm trying to narrow my pairs down. The few dailys to rotate, a few weekend shoes to rotate, 1 for workout, and 1 or 2 for hiking and inclement weather. Sounds easy, but again... so many good choices out there that it's hard to keep that collection small.
The concept of keeping the collection small are what companies aim to break down, they want us to keep buying. Whether it's the usual old classic Jordan coming back that they know people will have one to rock and one put on ice or the collab to revive the silhouette or just tweaking the shade or color just a bit.

The concept of keeping the collection small are what companies aim to break down, they want us to keep buying. Whether it's the usual old classic Jordan coming back that they know people will have one to rock and one put on ice or the collab to revive the silhouette or just tweaking the shade or color just a bit.
Yep exactly. A few months ago, I was telling my friend to look at SNKRS and see how there were 4-5 shoes release EVERYDAY from Tuesday to Saturday. That is wild as hell. I totally forgot it used to be a few shoes every Friday or Saturday and that was it.

Learned that the real true way to not fall for their tactics is also the hardest way: staying away from looking at shoes. Away from the forums, the online stores, IG, etc.

Back
Top Bottom