THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

089F3F89-AEAE-4BA1-87CB-E17121970F6B.jpeg

what goes up...eventually in this case comes down...these were $800-1000 at one point :rofl:

Yuuup im bout to snatch up a pair for around $330, folk who paid $1600-$1800 are punching the air 😮‍💨

Yuuup im bout to snatch up a pair for around $330, folk who paid $1600-$1800 are punching the air 😮‍💨
Haha not at all. I bought one at $1500 early, then 2 more in the $500 range to bring the average down. No regrets, love that shoe. Probably my most worn pair last summer.

Beware though. Tons of fakes. Those things have been weird. Were $1500, then $500, then back to $1500, now down lower than ever. Doesn't make sense other than fakes flooding the market. It's just up and down soooooo much in like 8 months or whatever that's weird. Don't remember seeing it spike up and down so much. And these only released on his site so makes no sense for then to be anywhere near the price of the others.

Last edited:
558D61F9-B764-4657-B5C1-3596B9E08518.jpeg

Just got my shock drop pair of BBs (right) and compared them to the 2017 restocks (left). The BBs are 11W and the 2017s are 9.5M. Thoughts:

1. The BBs are physically longer than the 2017s but I would not size down. The heel of the BBs are higher, which makes the shoe feel tighter even though it is longer.

2. The biggest difference to me is the tongue tag. The tongue tag is way cleaner and more distinct for the 2017s.

3. The second biggest difference to me is toe shape. The BBs are rounder than the 2017s. I would not say one is better than the other. Dress shoe lasts have similar discrepancies of round toe v. chiseled or pointed.

4. I much prefer the BB laces over 2017s. I’ve always disliked the off white color and shiny synthetic appearance of the 2017 laces. I wish the BB laces were wider, but I think overall they are better.

5. The mudguard is thinner for BBs than the 2017s, but that is because the heel is higher and the mudguard is therefore slanted at an angle. I would not say one is better than the other.

6. From the lateral perspective, the toe box looks pretty darn close.

7. The BB eyelet is still dark! Not as dark as the 2017 restock but not like the AM day 2017s.

Really happy to have both pairs. For what it’s worth, my wife thinks both pairs look exactly the same 😂

Between the 11W and the 9.5M for the same outside of the taller heel causing a bit more tightness?
Let me clarify a bit. There is no doubt that the 11W BB is longer than the 9.5M 2017. But the overall feeling in the toe is close, maybe a bit looser in the BB. The BB is definitely higher in the heel than the 2017, and the feeling is less volume in the BB. But overall they are pretty close. Mind you, these are my unscientific observations after a few pints at the bar.

558D61F9-B764-4657-B5C1-3596B9E08518.jpeg

Just got my shock drop pair of BBs (right) and compared them to the 2017 restocks (left). The BBs are 11W and the 2017s are 9.5M. Thoughts:

1. The BBs are physically longer than the 2017s but I would not size down. The heel of the BBs are higher, which makes the shoe feel tighter even though it is longer.

2. The biggest difference to me is the tongue tag. The tongue tag is way cleaner and more distinct for the 2017s.

3. The second biggest difference to me is toe shape. The BBs are rounder than the 2017s. I would not say one is better than the other. Dress shoe lasts have similar discrepancies of round toe v. chiseled or pointed.

4. I much prefer the BB laces over 2017s. I’ve always disliked the off white color and shiny synthetic appearance of the 2017 laces. I wish the BB laces were wider, but I think overall they are better.

5. The mudguard is thinner for BBs than the 2017s, but that is because the heel is higher and the mudguard is therefore slanted at an angle. I would not say one is better than the other.

6. From the lateral perspective, the toe box looks pretty darn close.

7. The BB eyelet is still dark! Not as dark as the 2017 restock but not like the AM day 2017s.

Really happy to have both pairs. For what it’s worth, my wife thinks both pairs look exactly the same 😂
Yea the stock laces from 2017 have definitely yellowed on most pairs. They did come with a classic cotton pair as well though. That's the nest lace of the 3 imo.

The BBs are 11W and the 2017s are 9.5M. Thoughts:

1. The BBs are physically longer than the 2017s but I would not size down.

Thats because a womens 11 has the exact same length as a mens 10. They say size up 1.5 for womens because they are narrower but the length is only 1 size up. If you look on the box tag at Japanese sizing (which is the length in centimeters) you'll see the womens 11 is longer than your mens 9.5.

Let me clarify a bit. There is no doubt that the 11W BB is longer than the 9.5M 2017. But the overall feeling in the toe is close, maybe a bit looser in the BB. The BB is definitely higher in the heel than the 2017, and the feeling is less volume in the BB. But overall they are pretty close. Mind you, these are my unscientific observations after a few pints at the bar.
Pretty sure 11w is always going to be a little longer than 9m. If you look up the cm on each pair, 11w is longer iirc. I think that's a women's to men's conversion difference, not just 17 to 23.

Yea the stock laces from 2017 have definitely yellowed on most pairs. They did come with a classic cotton pair as well though. That's the nest lace of the 3 imo.
Man, I always save laces and all the accessories that come with shoes, but I was in Brooklyn in 2017 so always threw out the boxes. I have one box from those days jumbled with all of the laces / stickers / hang tags. Jealous of you dudes with a separate room with stacks of boxes, that ish be $800 in extra rent in Fort Greene 😂

Are we looking at the same thing

Image 3-24-23 at 12.35 AM.jpeg
Yes. If you look at a women's chart and a men's chart, you'll see the difference.

Click men's, go to 9.5. Then click to women's and go to 11. 9.5m converts to 11w bc that's the closest to it but they aren't the same. Look at your box, it even shows the cm difference.

Screenshot_20230324_003801_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230324_003824_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom