THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Blogs are wrong a lot but...

Kicking off Air Max 1 Week Part 2 is the 2004 release of the ‘Urawa’; this special Japan-only release was a tribute to the Urawa Dragons (aka Urawa Red Diamonds) J League Football Club, featuring the team’s kit as the primary colorway.

What are the chances the big bubble are already on shelves at footlocker in the mall between today and tomorrow? I want to go and check but don't want to waste gas

I bought them in store at Concepts OG Cambridge location the day they released.

Dude in the review probably read the same article you linked, because we know dude 'wasn't there'. :lol:...as most of these cats we see nowaday weren't.
Learn something new every day. I've seen Japan only associated with them many times for years. Appreciate the knowledge.

My shock drop BB finally arrived. The pair I won for the lady is still preparing to ship though. These look good and will look for a 2nd pair. I still give the slight edge and preference to the small bubble AM1 though.

These are just beautiful. Love em.

I hope they only release these, and the blues in the BB.

Some bonus shots next to my destroyed 2005's.....

20230324_164300.jpg
20230324_164523.jpg
20230324_164608.jpg
20230324_164813.jpg

Like many other fortunate members my EA 86 pair came in and I am beyond satisfied looking at them. Just been busy but I will try them on asap. I am three pairs of AM1’s deep and I am enjoying the journey. Thanks to all of you for the links, comradery and chop busting. Gate keeping is cool lol let’s go.

That's very disappointing. Why didn't they just use React or something soft in their arsenal of foams. With today's tech you'd think they could manufacture an air bag that is strong enough that it doesn't need to get tremendous support from the foam casing.

It makes me wonder if it has to do with the original release in 86. IIRC they had a softer foam back then and it caused cracking. I wonder if Nike are weary of putting another soft foam with a window this big, just to be on the safe side.

Another part of me also wonders how these age. Will the big window cause similar issues or a shorter life span? They have models like the 97 so you would think not, but who knows.

7B053FCC-E245-44E7-8B75-BD854485DF2D.jpeg

Told myself I wouldn’t try to double up. Such a packed year of releases for AM1s. Then my shock drop pair arrived and I fell in love all over again with the color combo. Was reminded why I had 5 pairs a decade ago of the random mesh variations and even the bad shaped 2012s (well part of the reason was an employee store trip provided that stock at 40% off).

Wishing everyone luck this weekend trying to get a pair (or multiples :emoji_sunglasses:)

Also loving the box details and transparencies mimicking the air bubble

Back
Top Bottom