THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

It makes me wonder if it has to do with the original release in 86. IIRC they had a softer foam back then and it caused cracking. I wonder if Nike are weary of putting another soft foam with a window this big, just to be on the safe side.

Another part of me also wonders how these age. Will the big window cause similar issues or a shorter life span? They have models like the 97 so you would think not, but who knows.

I think your logic is, well, logical ;-). I remember back in the day all AMs and Jordans with visible air would break in and you could definitely tell who were the big boys compressing them, or those who had them the whole year compared to a fresh pair. But we all loved that squish, and that was why a beat pair of AMs and Jordans were awesome b/c they got more comfortable over time.

Wish they had at least used foam like they did on the AM3s from 2020. you'd think the engineering between these bubble sizes would be quite similar. That said, you never know where that threshold is on risking having issues.

My shock drop pair came in and they're not as soft was you would think from looking at them, but better than the other AM1s I've had, and I can see them breaking in; how much though is still TBD. My left shoe toe box (red area), however, has a bit of a square shape compared to the rounded off shape of the right, which I'm not thrilled about. Not going to jump thru hoops to obtain multiple pairs though like I did with the WC3s. Will try on SNKRS on Sunday and if I hit we'll see if it's a left shoe factory thing, or I get a better pair.

Urawa v2 look clean, even if they aren’t the OG. wondering how they’ll look with a lace swap. And honestly a black sole instead of white coulda been nice

AA303D23-E50C-4BF1-86D1-6F759A544C8E.jpeg

UNC Tings 😍

Those Think Tanks are so nice. Hoping price drops on StockX/GOAT. Or if online retailers would ship to US for retail.

Back
Top Bottom