THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

And toddlers get a velcro version this time. Would have loved this when daughter was young.
Nike-Air-Max-1-86-Big-Bubble-Toddler-FD3308-003-Release-Date.png
Screenshot_20230322_235359_Gallery.jpg
I see photos but WHO is going to have toddlers

So while I wait for my women's pair to ship, my friend and my coworker who assisted and scored on the men's pairs for me came in and I picked them both up.

52770251001_c189c60b12_b.jpg

Fit is solid with true to size and materials are as expected. Box is nice as well! I can't comment on the changes, because I just like the 86 version as they are.

The magic question is the comfort and JUST from try-on and stepping around: how do I say this... it's "the same but different?" It's the same in terms of the familiar Air Max 1 feel, but different because the foam/midsole has some sort of give, which I think is the most important thing... so yes, it is at least softer than the regular AM1. However significant that difference is will really be up to you individually. For me, I feel like it's just right around the ballpark of the Air Max 90s when I tried each shoe side by side, which I find significant enough for me to enjoy as it was what I expected. Err well, after having to readjust my expectations that it'd be like "modern Air Max" comfortable haha. I hope this part makes sense: when I tried on the Kasina AM1 87 alongside the 86, the 87s has this sudden "hard stop" once I step down while the 86s is more accommodating to stepping/impact. Oh yeah, there is definitely a big heel-drop difference.

I'm hoping to either get a 3rd men's pair so I can wear one of these pairs I got right away or just wait for my women's pair to come in and wear those out first, but I hope that description of comfort helps, at least from a try-on perspective. Once I wear them out and walk around in them and all, I'll provide a better update.

It still don't hit like the AM90 Infrared 2020s hit though.

Last edited:

No raffle .
Good luck y’all

Just found out about the Prism Pink pair of am1s. But don’t see it much on Goat or stockx. I found it’s a women pair but any story on this pair. The pink suede-ish with gum bottoms.

Thats a GR from 2016 lol. Gonna be hard pressed to find those as I doubt anyone held on to em. Thats considered the dark ages, the shape is terrible, stay away from pairs from those years.

Back
Top Bottom