THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Passed on bb and not mad at it.

I did double back for the grey crepe though...
20230327_132542.jpg

Damn the NB slander is real 😆
They make some beautiful kicks

Nike will ALWAYS be my favorite athletic apparel brand. However, I will certainly admit that the "other brands" (New Balance, Saucony, ASICS, etc.) have QUALITY releases as well.

I think it was in 2017 or 2018 when first ordered some New Balance NB1s (NB's custom platform like Nike's Nike By You). I always wondered why some of their silhouettes were $170+. Then I received my orders, and I finally understood WHY. The materials these brands use, especially, New Balance puts Nike to shame, TBH. They also had an incentive program back then. Once you reached a certain amount of rewards points, you could redeem those points for a free NB1 design. Since then, I've purchased a variety of different brands.

My honest opinion:
Quality-wise: New Balance is my A1
Colorways: Saucony is my A1
Value (best bang for your $): ASICS/Saucony because they usually go on deep discounts.

However, even with those things in mind, Nike is still my favorite OVERALL.

Settling for women’s pairs? It’s the same shoe goofy. Just say you’re bitter you couldn’t hit a pair and keep it moving
Man chill lol. I can assure you if modzzilla modzzilla wanted a pair, he got a pair. If he needs another, I'll send him one to Australia. I'm still in debt to him for a pair of laces I spent 2 years hunting this earth for. I was offering $100+ for laces and man sent them to me for free. He's a real one.

Man chill lol. I can assure you if modzzilla modzzilla wanted a pair, he got a pair. If he needs another, I'll send him one to Australia. I'm still in debt to him for a pair of laces I spent 2 years hunting this earth for. I was offering $100+ for laces and man sent them to me for free. He's a real one.

That was a very kind gesture! What laces were those?

They arrived!!!!

065DF26A-2923-4AA1-9490-72ADE397483F.jpeg
Now sell me those white laces!
You need the white laces from the purp cords?

I have a set i dont use bro.
Wait, seriously? I've literally looked all over the world. I've messaged every seller I've seen selling Cords to see if they'd sell the white laces separately. My pair came ds but I was missing one white lace. It's driven me crazy for 3 years. I found some replacement laces with red tips but the laces are a lot thicker and don't look right. Name a price, man. I need those thing in a bad way.
No price. You seem like one of the non-tools around here. Pm me.
Found up in the loft of lofty goodness.

61184619-B927-48C7-A800-84B95AA20ED5.jpeg
@Leetroy Jenkins @singledout yall seeing this?

This is better than Christmas!
:lol:

Need some help guys. I picked up a pair of ds AM1 Patta Cords but somehow I only got one white shoe string. Luckily it's the white one and the tips don't have a logo so it should be relatively easy to find a replacement. As you can see below, it's very close to the red on the AM1 Flyknits. It's certainly not the Infrared. I've found the Infrared ones but I can't find just normal red ones. I'd prefer no writing on the tips to match the OG. Help?
Sorry this was the original post. I found a pair 3 YEARS LATER.

Unfortunately can confirm this. I wore this all day today at the office. In the office - no problem. Stepping out and walking on concrete - same bricks, now just taller. The normal AM1s were just about the same thing.
I was feeling FOMO after taking an L. But reading this, I don’t feel bad anymore. It would have been another pair that would just sit and collect dust.

Unfortunately can confirm this. I wore this all day today at the office. In the office - no problem. Stepping out and walking on concrete - same bricks, now just taller. The normal AM1s were just about the same thing.
maybe all the youtubers who say they are more comfy than regular am1 bought the womens pair lol

curious to see comparison in comfort between mens and womens

thought traditionally womens shoes were supposed to be softer?

Nike will ALWAYS be my favorite athletic apparel brand. However, I will certainly admit that the "other brands" (New Balance, Saucony, ASICS, etc.) have QUALITY releases as well.

I think it was in 2017 or 2018 when first ordered some New Balance NB1s (NB's custom platform like Nike's Nike By You). I always wondered why some of their silhouettes were $170+. Then I received my orders, and I finally understood WHY. The materials these brands use, especially, New Balance puts Nike to shame, TBH. They also had an incentive program back then. Once you reached a certain amount of rewards points, you could redeem those points for a free NB1 design. Since then, I've purchased a variety of different brands.

My honest opinion:
Quality-wise: New Balance is my A1
Colorways: Saucony is my A1
Value (best bang for your $): ASICS/Saucony because they usually go on deep discounts.

However, even with those things in mind, Nike is still my favorite OVERALL.
100%

Special shout out to V vidiviciun one of the true new balance iD ogs as well

Back
Top Bottom