THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

the big bubble looks just like the first air max 1 but for some reason i still see air max 1 ultra
2F795EB2-CE58-47A2-8A9F-4F3ECB703F13.jpeg

Got my SNKRS pair in yesterday. I like them and happy to have a fresh pair of reds. However, its hard to compare them to a 2017 red due to 86 upper, the harder feeing/different shaped sole, and the round toe. They aren’t more comfortable to me and the mid foot tightness is odd. The toe doesn’t bother me, I prefer the 2017 toe, it’s just odd because it’s the almost the same shape as a dunk. Either way, I’m good and would still be in for royals.

6C0C3036-1AD3-4AD8-850E-FEB01AEFAEA3.jpeg

Another comparison shot (golf pair below). I actually like the golf pair more 🤷‍♂️ The shape is better and the red is a bit more vibrant IMO.

4B6942ED-8207-45A0-A97C-FBA095906E33.jpeg
Off topic, but why did golfers think they needed metal spikes and those plastic disc things when all they really needed was a slightly bumpier rubber sole?

Last edited:
Some Thursday tinkerings. I was curious what was under that plastic mess. Wish they just put out what was under with a matching mauve multi color anniversary style outsole.
Gonna get some more years outta this purple pack . Will be changing the laces out to match the “sail” midsole and maybe even go as far to paint the swoosh to match .

Attachments

• D90D69B5-6EA0-4360-BD17-5BD691552B75.jpeg
    D90D69B5-6EA0-4360-BD17-5BD691552B75.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 164
  • F2EFA169-3F16-4A4D-8BD7-54C3CF2C8C57.jpeg
    F2EFA169-3F16-4A4D-8BD7-54C3CF2C8C57.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 233
Off topic, but why did golfers think they needed metal spikes and those plastic disc things when all they really needed was a slightly bumpier rubber sole?
IMO, evolution of golf shoes. Metal spikes were banned from courses due to the grasses getting messed up. People still wear disc golf cleats depending on traction and stability. These AM90 golf shoes looks like something you'd wear at the driving range or for a golfer that doesn't need much traction when playing.

IMO, evolution of golf shoes. Metal spikes were banned from courses due to the grasses getting messed up. People still wear disc golf cleats depending on traction and stability. These AM90 golf shoes looks like something you'd wear at the driving range or for a golfer that doesn't need much traction when playing.

lol, when i was attempting to become a golfer in my teens, I always got on the course with just my regular sneakers...at the time it would have been like Jordans 11-14...my favorite to golf in was the 11 low I.e's....I wasnt shooting par or anything, but I did alright....always wondered why the spikes were needed >D

My Crepe Soft Greys from the SNKRS restock came in today. A bit underwhelmed, to be honest. They are just....ok. They are also very roomy, to the point where I'm wondering if I could have gone a half down. Did anyone else think the same with their size?

The spikes are better for stability when swinging. The Jordan 4 golfs are great. Honestly the slight bumpiness on the AM1 golf versions are about as useful as playing in the regular versions imo. I am considering returning them for that reason. Some courses may be strict and require “golf” shoes. Only benefit I guess…

My Crepe Soft Greys from the SNKRS restock came in today. A bit underwhelmed, to be honest. They are just....ok. They are also very roomy, to the point where I'm wondering if I could have gone a half down. Did anyone else think the same with their size?
Perfect fit TTS for me..

IMG-3448.jpg
Nike really did me dirty with this dent on the toe box... Any advice on how to fix these clown shoes?

My SNKRS pair just landed. Left shoe is good, right shoe has something similar to yours, though not quite as bad. Whole right toe box is somewhat wrinkled up. These are going back, I don't care enough about them to settle for a shoe I'm not 100 percent happy with. Bummer, but oh well, I'll stick with my stash of infrared AMIIIs from two years ago to scratch my OG-style retro AM itch.

Some Thursday tinkerings. I was curious what was under that plastic mess. Wish they just put out what was under with a matching mauve multi color anniversary style outsole.
Gonna get some more years outta this purple pack . Will be changing the laces out to match the “sail” midsole and maybe even go as far to paint the swoosh to match .
What glue do you use to attach the midsole?

When did those restock?

Back
Top Bottom