THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Nipsey’s right. I have about 8 pairs i havent even worn that i bought for the low a few months ago. And just unloaded my ds blue BB since i dont plan to ever wear em (ie too chunky for my taste)

Anybody getting NIKE SUMMER25 orders cancelled?
Screenshot_20240528_121901_Nike.jpg

alsa2009 alsa2009 did you order a pair of the BB BLUE from Hushlife or just share the link.
Email requested 5-7 business days for processing.
I have one total email from them after initial order and that is it. Ordered and paid 5/19 SUNDAY. Five business days last week, Holiday yesterday. 6th Business day today, I guess If nothing updates by Tomorrow days end unfortunately I’ll have to chalk up that L I guess. Will give it until THURS to update shipping.
Sucks because NIKE had the MENS and still do right after I paid for those and though they don’t have my size now they did at the time. Should have got them as well and just kept a double. Back on the lookout I guess.
I just posted the link... Hopefully they come through with the updates for your order. I'll be the first to say, I'm very impatient when it come to things like this... Especially since the duration of time has pass.

alsa2009 alsa2009 did you order a pair of the BB BLUE from Hushlife or just share the link.
Email requested 5-7 business days for processing.
I have one total email from them after initial order and that is it. Ordered and paid 5/19 SUNDAY. Five business days last week, Holiday yesterday. 6th Business day today, I guess If nothing updates by Tomorrow days end unfortunately I’ll have to chalk up that L I guess. Will give it until THURS to update shipping.
Sucks because NIKE had the MENS and still do right after I paid for those and though they don’t have my size now they did at the time. Should have got them as well and just kept a double. Back on the lookout I guess.
Gotta give that one till like Thursday A.

i forget what these were called (pecans?) but definitely a favorite of mine from ‘23. Colorway is year round

Ditto on what yall were saying about being spoiled with am1 releases. The volume of drops + the number of discos, I’m doing my damn best to refrain from those 50-60% off impulse buys
IMG_2430.jpeg

So I play soccer. I noticed with soccer cleats the more expensive "elite" models have stitching where the insoles go. Shoes with stitching are usually better quality in my experience.

Just out of curiosity I wanted to see if Nike does the same with the air maxes and it seems it's the same case.

First picture are anniversary reds from 2012 with stitching, second picture are GRs I just bought that are glued and not stitched, third picture are the big bubble obsidians with stitching.

Basically the more "premium" ones have stitching. My theory is the stitched ones cost more to make and more time consuming and the glued ones are cheaper to make and less time consuming. I also feel the glued ones are more stiff and rigid and not as flexible as the stitched ones.

1000001015.jpg

1000001016.jpg

1000001017.jpg
Weartesters and Rose Anvil taught me that this is called the strobel board. And if memory serves me correctly you are pretty on point. A stitched construction is a more efficient, albeit more time consuming, use of materials and can lead to increased pricing. Stitched is also more flexible as I understand it than lasted/cemented construction where they just glue it all together. So for athletic performance and durability/repairability stitched is better than cemented across most types of shoes. So it definitely tracks that a stitched strobel on a soccer cleat would be the premium priced option offering better performance. If you aren't already, I'd subscribe to Rose Anvil on YouTube. He's mostly boots but I've learned so much about shoes in general watching that channel.

Weartesters and Rose Anvil taught me that this is called the strobel board. And if memory serves me correctly you are pretty on point. A stitched construction is a more efficient, albeit more time consuming, use of materials and can lead to increased pricing. Stitched is also more flexible as I understand it than lasted/cemented construction where they just glue it all together. So for athletic performance and durability/repairability stitched is better than cemented across most types of shoes. So it definitely tracks that a stitched strobel on a soccer cleat would be the premium priced option offering better performance. If you aren't already, I'd subscribe to Rose Anvil on YouTube. He's mostly boots but I've learned so much about shoes in general watching that channel.
Thanks for the confirmation. Never heard of the term strobel board

I noticed this when I bought several pairs and price points of Nike, Adidas and Mizuno to wear test. The cheaper ones had the glued sole and the expensive ones had the stitched soles

Team Reds was a good one to accidentally double up on. Nordstrom pair was $100 shipped but the $63 Nike Joint, buddy.

Man I need to see the athletic department pair in person. Some pics the sole looks almost pee pee yellow, but the pic above looks more subtle. Will anyone who has them speak on the color?
Mine just came in last week and they look subtle enough - nothing overbearing.

OT: shoutout to all that did this design, including but not limited to singledout singledout who helped me out.

Attachments

• AM 1 NBY.jpg
    AM 1 NBY.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 764
Back
Top Bottom