THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Happy Father's day to all!
1000024528.jpg

got the orange on HUF. over the years ive realized buying multiple colorways of the same shoe leads to all but 1 sitting in the box forever. All 3 are nice but i liked the orange the best.

Exactly why I skipped the pink pair…If I go grab a pair of Huf’s out of the closet to wear there’s no way I’ll reach for the pink pair over the orange and green pairs 🤷‍♂️…Personal preference but one pair had to get the pass treatment on this release and I liked the pink pair the least out of the three…

There have been plenty of reasons for me to like Huf as a brand. Keith Hufnagel went from NYC to SF, my life took me from SF to NYC. Wearing their gear allowed me to rep SF while I've lived out east. I don't have anything outside my Huf x Benny Gold skyline tee from 2012 and the '22 SBs these days, but the OG SBs are one of my all time fav sneakers. Had two pairs, first of which was autographed by Hufnagel. Plus, green's my fav color so I always loved that about the brand and other Nike collabs.

I see why these wouldn't resonate if you don't have any connection to the Bay Area, or if you haven't revolved half your life around streetwear. I don't even skate but Huf as a brand and Hufnagel as a person did as much for skateboarding and streetwear as any other people/companies ever. Gotta look beyond the weed socks lol. If anyone here didn't already know who he was, and how good of a skater he was, I encourage you to watch some vids on youtube. Couple links in spoiler

Last edited:
There have been plenty of reasons for me to like Huf as a brand. Keith Hufnagel went from NYC to SF, my life took me from SF to NYC. Wearing their gear allowed me to rep SF while I've lived out east. I don't have anything outside my Huf x Benny Gold skyline tee from 2012 and the '22 SBs these days, but the OG SBs are one of my all time fav sneakers. Had two pairs, first of which was autographed by Hufnagel. Plus, green's my fav color so I always loved that about the brand and other Nike collabs.

I see why these wouldn't resonate if you don't have any connection to the Bay Area, or if you haven't revolved half your life around streetwear. I don't even skate but Huf as a brand and Hufnagel as a person did as much for skateboarding and streetwear as any other people/companies ever. Gotta look beyond the weed socks lol. If anyone here didn't already know who he was, and how good of a skater he was, I encourage you to watch some vids on youtube. Couple links in spoiler

Spot on bro. Nostalgia and Bay ties definitely drew me in. Me and the homies crossed the bridge from Oakland to SF many times for those huf drops. Even met Keith a couple times, and he was cool af. That whole staff back then were some of the best dudes I came across while camping for shoes. I've got some great memories & stories of hanging around there. So yeah, I had to have these.

Back
Top Bottom