THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I received my AM1 '86 'Powerwall BRS' yesterday. I had to swap the laces. Hopefully I can wear them to work this weekend as long as it doesn't rain :D
I absolutely love these and was so happy to cop for below retail. I believe they are releasing in the UK on 1st Oct. This is my 3rd pair of big bubbles. They need to introduce it to NBY.
First pic is with flash and second is without.

20240923_135051.jpg
20240923_135103.jpg

I received my AM1 '86 'Powerwall BRS' yesterday. I had to swap the laces. Hopefully I can wear them to work this weekend as long as it doesn't rain :D
I absolutely love these and was so happy to cop for below retail. I believe they are releasing in the UK on 1st Oct. This is my 3rd pair of big bubbles. They need to introduce it to NBY.

20240923_135051.jpg
20240923_135103.jpg

Do they come with extra laces?

It seems like folks prefer GOAT over StockX, but Pattas in my size are $35 more on GOAT. Worth the premium (i.e., should I be that worried about fakes slipping through on StockX)?

I honestly wouldn't worry about fakes of these coming from StockX ...but that's my opinion (I'm most likely going that route myself unless theyre cheaper on snkrdnk or da above mentioned Goat). Yes I've seen and read da stories but til now (knock on wood) haven't had any issues besides them obviously playing me after da whole Spanto passing and B×R Fiasco (but that was to be expected)

***LONG POST***

I’m in my 30s now. I always hear people my age complaining about knee pain, back pain, pain, pain and PAIN! In my head, I’m like, “TF are you talking about?! I don’t feel ANY of that.”. Another one is “running is bad for your knees”. Again, I’m like, “TF you mean?!”. I still feel like in my 20s physically just wiser now. Even Garmin’s Fitness app metric tells me I’m in my 20s. I have no knee pain, no back pain from my running or training, and I’m also in the best shape of my life right now. I eem still get carded regularly.

I started running in my early 20s because I was 60lb overweight, miserable and prediabetic. I started running in some retro AM93 then “upgraded” to some AM95 because I didn’t know any better lol.

As the years progressed, I eventually lost the weight and improved tremendously with running. I ran a full marathon as my first race ever. Even with bad form then, I had a somewhat good time for a debut, 3:30. I kept it consistent with better form and faster and faster times up until COVID (800mi-1200mi per year). At that point, I made the transition to strength training/weights/calisthenics and focused in on nutrition.

Even with all the running I did in the past, I was still skinny fat. After months of strength training, I finally had a visible six pack (and still do), which I NEVER thought I’d EVER have in my life! I restarted running in 2021. The strength training even improved my running so much that I placed 9th overall in a race with ~6,400 participants.

Nowadays, I do bohffofdem (running and strength training), and I’m eem more into nutrition. I mostly eat simple, whole and nutrient dense foods; mostly eggs (6-8/day) and beef/chicken/salmon with no rice/bread/pasta. What I’m most proud of is that I did it by my damn self; no coach, no team, no nutritionist... just me showing up everyday and learning ways to get better.

I think the only downside to getting fit is the maintenance and sustainability of it! LOL I really think that exercise and moving regularly is the fountain of youth, or at least slows aging down SIGNIFICANTLY. Somehow, I realized that the seeds I planted when I was in my early 20s would pay off in the long run!

SHOUT OUT to those retro AM93s and AM95s for pretty much changing the trajectory of my health and life for the BETTER! My old overweight self would be SO DAMN PROUD to see his future self (present me)!

He’d be like:
IMG_9204.gif
Working out and not drinking alcohol is key to not aging quickly. I could pass for a high school senior if I shave my beard

Look dope in that pic. It's good to see that they used the same mesh as the originals even though they are BB's.

Man **** GOAT.

I understand that both GOAT and StockX can sometimes let fakes slip through, but I recently had a terrible experience with GOAT when they authenticated a fake pair of Kith shorts.

To be fair, the fakes were really convincing—I wouldn’t have noticed if it weren’t for a discussion on Reddit about the linear on this particular pair, which popped up the same week my order arrived.

After comparing my pair to authentic ones, I realized they were indeed replicas and brought the issue to GOAT. I provided evidence showing the shorts they sold me were fakes, but GOAT tried to deny my claim because I had thrown away the shipping sleeve (even though the shorts were otherwise in deadstock condition). While I understand packaging matters, it’s clear they didn’t meet their own authentication standards (I'm also quite sure they take pictures of every item that comes through their facilities, once identified the flaws are easy to point out)—and I’m not one to usually make a fuss.

In the end, I had to open a case with PayPal to get my refund (which, thankfully, worked). Needless to say, I won’t be using GOAT again anytime soon.

I'd advise anyone purchasing from GOAT to be cautious, especially if the product is being shipped through Hong Kong—something shady seems to be going on there.

I think it's safe to say you have to be cautious with purchases through StockX and GOAT. We've seen stories of fakes getting passed as authentic in the past. IMO it's the risk you take dealing through that service and it sucks.

YLS YLS , any tips for gluing the midsole to the sole (glue brands, how to not get excess glue at the edge of the upper and midsole, how to ensure a good and strong bond, etc etc)

Back
Top Bottom