THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Hmm..Not sure what you're talking about the craftsmanship and stitching on my pair is superb. All contrast stitching is perfectly spaced, all materials are tucked and rolled and stitched over, nothing was left "as is" - how could the stitching be any better?

Not sure if its the angle, but I can ensure you the stitching is top notch 100%.

If you're referring to the slight "bulge" its because my swoosh is very thick with the Canvas material. The factory does not continue the baseball stitching over the swoosh, I asked for it but they said it "can't be done' - stupid but whatever.
yes that bulge. something like that can be avoided by thinning out layers before it's stitched. the holes of the x stitching also look inconsistent in size and the nap of the suede looks knocked down around the holes. all small things I know but for bespoke I would expect all those things to be on point.

Do you happen to know where in the UK?  I might have to go peep a few FLs around the way.  
the dude bought them in south africa

if they are already out in the UK FL this thread would've been chaos in here right now
roll.gif
RD is 25,26 or 27 this month

Last edited:

yes that bulge. something like that can be avoided by thinning out layers before it's stitched. the holes of the x stitching also look inconsistent in size and the nap of the suede looks knocked down around the holes. all small things I know but for bespoke I would expect all those things to be on point.
Very true on the thinning aspect. The holes are like that bc of them pulling on the stitching, it does not look bad in person by any means, if I wanted to be a true stickler on it, I guess I could be, but my pair from Mercer, compared to a lot of the pairs from 1948 are wayyyy better in craftsmanship aspects. You should see this one toebox from 1948, and none of the materials are rolled over, the leather is just cut all crappy. I know my toe box isn't a 2004 shape but its night and day compared to the bespoke Ive seen from 1948. And I have no idea why, because both Mercer and 1948 use the EXACT same factory, I have checked this with multiple people's pairs....only thing I can think of is I was one of the first to do it at Mercer back in October and they all jus now got their pairs back from 1948...a lot of them have the "booty" on heel as well, they're all returning them because of that - that and because few of them actually got the wrong size!!!! After paying $1k and waiting for 6-8 weeks they come in and they're a whole size smaller?! I would be furious...but I love mine haha

the dude bought them in south africa

if they are already out in the UK FL this thread would've been chaos in here right now
roll.gif
RD is 25,26 or 27 this month
Haha yes SOUTH AFRICA not UK! I read the kids post wrong and people are asking about release dates in US and what not! My bad! 

Very true on the thinning aspect. The holes are like that bc of them pulling on the stitching, it does not look bad in person by any means, if I wanted to be a true stickler on it, I guess I could be, but my pair from Mercer, compared to a lot of the pairs from 1948 are wayyyy better in craftsmanship aspects. You should see this one toebox from 1948, and none of the materials are rolled over, the leather is just cut all crappy. I know my toe box isn't a 2004 shape but its night and day compared to the bespoke Ive seen from 1948. And I have no idea why, because both Mercer and 1948 use the EXACT same factory, I have checked this with multiple people's pairs....only thing I can think of is I was one of the first to do it at Mercer back in October and they all jus now got their pairs back from 1948...a lot of them have the "booty" on heel as well, they're all returning them because of that - that and because few of them actually got the wrong size!!!! After paying $1k and waiting for 6-8 weeks they come in and they're a whole size smaller?! I would be furious...but I love mine haha

Haha yes SOUTH AFRICA not UK! I read the kids post wrong and people are asking about release dates in US and what not! My bad! 
wrong size is beyond crazy! wonder what the do with the bad ones? I've seen returned ids at the outlet discount wall I'll have to keep an eye out for $59.99 bespokes 
roll.gif

wrong size is beyond crazy! wonder what the do with the bad ones? I've seen returned ids at the outlet discount wall I'll have to keep an eye out for $59.99 bespokes 
roll.gif
Nope, doesn't happen.

Unlike normal iDs, Nike actually DESTROYS bespoke, 100%.

I was going to return my pair bc of the baseball stitching until he told me there was no way to fix it - it was either that way or not there at all so I kept them. But I had asked my design consultant if I return them what happens he said "Nike destroys them, literally." They don't go to factory outlets or anything. They don't want a high profiled design to be easily obtainable for $60. 

Think about how salty you'd be when you roll out to sneaker con and some Jabroni is rocking YOUR bespoke that he got at an outlet 
roll.gif

call me crazy but I think the safaris look fine. After hunting for over 10yrs trying to find a sz13 in the OG's, I'm just happy to get a re-release in the color way w/the mini swoosh. Probably should mention I was a fan of the 3bears SB's so I might be biased to fur hate lol

call me crazy but I think the safaris look fine. After hunting for over 10yrs trying to find a sz13 in the OG's, I'm just happy to get a re-release in the color way w/the mini swoosh. Probably should mention I was a fan of the 3bears SB's so I might be biased to fur hate lol

You're crazy.

you can return your pendletons to the outlet, and buy them back again with the outlet discount :lol:

I would but that's hella grimey.

Last edited:
Check your PM bro

he gonna repaint the midsole into blue
i did that recently after having taken your advice to sell kicks im not wearing.  repainted the midsole a 2006 woven pine green am90. 

side note:  it is official, i just paid for a pair of kumquats.  179.28 usd.  now i wait for them to arrive.  
indifferent.gif

second side note: are the retro safaris going to be a quickstrike?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom