THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

on the flip side, its an improvement to what we've been given for the past 5-7 years.  so its a slow process to get back to what we had.  if its going to happen at all.  we're prob shooting ourselves in the foot by eating up near future releases, as nike will prob see this as affirmation that we're satisfied and stop pressing the envelope to appease.  this isnt a complaint.  im happy its getting better, but lets be realistic with whats happening.  
That's exactly what I'm talking about - if no one's complaining about that shape, Nike will stop there effort right here.
But well, I'm guilty myself as I'll buy the OGs for sure, cause I know that's the best we'll get during the next years.

Last edited:
The shape isn't really 100% but it's better than we've been getting over the last 8-9 years. The shape of the pinnacles is good enough for me just hope these will be the same. As said previously, shape will differ shoe to shoe.

I agree with RickRoss.
Right now we are facing an improvement. And imo the AM1s were also in between 2009-2016 the best besides the 90s. I consider the whole product, and this is and stays great.
The shape discussion is neccessary but calling the new Shape garbo?!? Idk.

I agree with RickRoss.
Right now we are facing an improvement. And imo the AM1s were also in between 2009-2016 the best besides the 90s. I consider the whole product, and this is and stays great.
The shape discussion is neccessary but calling the new Shape garbo?!? Idk.
And imo the AM1s were also in between 2009-2016 the best
you think this was the best shape era for am1s?  i hope this is a typo.  
 but calling the new Shape garbo?!?
i didnt say the shape itself was garbage.  i said nike feeding us the complete idea that this is new shape is garbage.  there have been changes, but to call these changes remastered, or new shape is misleading.  again, the emphasis has been on the mudguard wrap, which is great, but what about the rest of the sneaker?  there are articles about how the midsole was completely changed in design around the mid 90s due to technological advances in material and cost cutting.  so unless they bring back that midsole (among other aspects of the sneaker), this new shape thing, is inaccurate.  

Last edited:
you think this was the best shape era for am1s? i hope this is a typo.

Not a typo. But for me even in between this era the Am1s were better looking than other models!

Not a typo. But for me even in between this era the Am1s were better looking than other models!
do you mean shape, color ways, concepts, or all the above?  not knocking your opinion, because you like what you like. but how can you argue anything i or any other grump is saying, if you think what consensus has stated as being the dark ages for am1 shape, to be the best? 

just confused as to what youre saying.  

Sry maybe I get some things wrong. My english is okay, but for sure not perfect...But again: even during the bad shape era, I liked em the most compared to other Models/brands at this period.

All this crying, if you guys aren't happy, leave more for those that are
laugh.gif
thanks for your feedback.  i'll keep an eye out for more input when you pop up again mid to late february of 2018.
Sry maybe I get some things wrong. My english is okay, but for sure not perfect...But again: even during the bad shape era, I liked em the most compared to other Models/brands at this period.
oh okay.  yeah that makes sense.  most of my collection is from this time frame and i agree that am1s remain to be the best.  thats why we're all so emotionally invested.  at the end of the day, we're all fans.  i think its healthy that we dont all see eye to eye on everything.  its what drives this thread.  if we were all sheep drones, liking the same thing, it would be boring.  or we'd all be wearing boost and yeezys.
tongue.gif

oh okay.  yeah that makes sense.  most of my collection is from this time frame and i agree that am1s remain to be the best.  thats why we're all so emotionally invested.  at the end of the day, we're all fans.  i think its healthy that we dont all see eye to eye on everything.  its what drives this thread.  if we were all sheep drones, liking the same thing, it would be boring.  or we'd all be wearing boost and yeezys.
tongue.gif

true that, at the ned of the day we are all here because we love AM1s. grump or no grump we are all in this together 

@seandon23

1. i sat through that whole song.  
mean.gif

2. appreciate you found one with subtitles, to really drive the point home.

3. we're only in this together if youre team ashley tisdale.  i was team hudgens, but inevitably converted after tisdale's plastic surgery.  ftw. 

@seandon23

1. i sat through that whole song.  
mean.gif

2. appreciate you found one with subtitles, to really drive the point home.

3. we're only in this together if youre team ashley tisdale.  i was team hudgens, but inevitably converted after tisdale's plastic surgery.  ftw. 
roll.gif

all good bro 

edit: team hudgens all day b

Last edited:
Not sure if this has already been discussed but can anyone confirm the blue OGs will be women's only?

The NDC pics look OKish but I have strong doubts they are the actual product that will release. They look like samples to me, and don't have the banana midsole that is visible on all the early pics that surfaced, and on some other NDC pics as well. And we all know Nike is not afraid of showing different silhouettes than they will actually sell (recent IDs anyone?).

Gonna wait for retailers to show them, those are usually the exact product you will get.

-edit
after closer inspection the banana's still slightly visible.

Last edited:
i agree with @InContrastOfSin
 in that we're being duped with this "new shape" garbo.  its not a new or remastered shape.  its a band aid on the toe wrap.  thats the emphasis of when we hear talk of this.  theres a larger picture that nike is missing, and its the overall shape.  shapes from early 2000s are cartoon like in shape, from the heel to the toe in all dimensions.  from top to bottom, left to right, front to back, inside and out.   not just the toebox.  

on the flip side, its an improvement to what we've been given for the past 5-7 years.  so its a slow process to get back to what we had.  if its going to happen at all.  we're prob shooting ourselves in the foot by eating up near future releases, as nike will prob see this as affirmation that we're satisfied and stop pressing the envelope to appease.  this isnt a complaint.  im happy its getting better, but lets be realistic with whats happening.  

if they want to talk about shape, this is how i want it.  and this is just an example, we dont know how this sneaker was doctored, etc.  just a best case scenario.  return of that big air bubble is a pipe dream. 

if they want to say, "remastered toebox mudguard wrap", then the upcoming release is accurate. 

Those are 86 air max 1s. Its an entirely different midsole.

Last edited:
Those are 86 air max 1s. Its an entirely different midsole.
yes i know.  i had stated that in latter posts within the discussion.  its the predecessor, the am1 big window.  it further reinforces my point on the new old remastered shape debacle.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom