THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The only reason I say that is because the quality of the 2017 pair won't be the same as it was in 2006. Even then you run the risk of that sole falling apart
In my opinion, unless the newer retro is absolute trash, the older retro becomes almost valueless if it's unwearable, except for collectors who value the fact that it was OG, and don't plan on wearing them.  That's why Jordan from Shoezeum was so smart to dump his collection with all the re-retros accellerating.  Even though previous retros were often better quality or more precise in details to the OGs, they're just not far enough off to be worth buying; better off buying a newer version that is wearable.

Tried to find some info in the past 10 pages but couldn't if this was stated anywhere...

Are the Atmos gonna drop by themselves? Or are they only coming out as part of the Tier 0 pack with the ugly *** 3's?

Also, I don't see them on SNKRS upcoming releases, is it not available on that?

Tried to find some info in the past 10 pages but couldn't if this was stated anywhere...

Are the Atmos gonna drop by themselves? Or are they only coming out as part of the Tier 0 pack with the ugly *** 3's?

Also, I don't see them on SNKRS upcoming releases, is it not available on that?

Yes. They're gonna also drop by themselves. The ones in the pack are actually a special edition/Jordan version of the shoe.

Never understood paying resell prices as a "preorder".. like at least try your luck at retail. 

Worst case you miss.. do you genuinely believe you won't be able to find someone selling a pair for $800 on release day? 

( not my money I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Last edited:
Never understood paying resell prices as a "preorder".. like at least try your luck at retail. 

Worst case you miss.. do you genuinely believe you won't be able to find someone selling a pair for $800 on release day? 

( not my money I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )\/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But you get them early and get to flex on IG bro.

( not my money I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )\/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had to stop and ask myself the same question. The majority of shoes I was buying resell were spur of the moment because I struck out on release day and wanted to guarantee my pair. Then I'd watch the resell prices slowly drop, and in worst cases, the shoe would restock and be a relatively easy cop. I don't do it anymore. If I strike out, it is what it is. The majority of these kicks either restock or get retroed within a few years anyway, best to wait it out. Not like I don't have a closet full of other kicks to choose from anyway.

These are the only Jewels that I want

It's always blown my mind too man.

like kids that'll pay 500+ for a box logo hoody....
they release every fall, the last season they didn't drop any was all the way back in 07' so you're always gonna have another shot at one next year. but yeah, not my $ so whatever.

el bro el bro those are the one bro :smokin

so clean

Last edited:
L**** S**********: Thats fine. Just one more question. This might be a long shot, but do you guys still have any Air Max 1 Anniversary Red in a size 12 in stock?
L**** S**********: Possibly a return or a cancel laying around somewhere.
Karl: Thank you for bringing that up to us. I am currently checking our inventory for our anniversary shoe and we are currently sold out for this shoe but I am positive that Nike will be making more of this item as we've received lots of feedback to our consumers wanting to get a pair of this awesome shoes.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there you have it.

But you get them early and get to flex on IG bro.
roll.gif
lol. Funniest part is this is 100% legitimate rationale for people to drop an additional $500-600 sometimes, whether they admit to themselves or not. 
I had to stop and ask myself the same question. The majority of shoes I was buying resell were spur of the moment because I struck out on release day and wanted to guarantee my pair. Then I'd watch the resell prices slowly drop, and in worst cases, the shoe would restock and be a relatively easy cop. I don't do it anymore. If I strike out, it is what it is. The majority of these kicks either restock or get retroed within a few years anyway, best to wait it out. Not like I don't have a closet full of other kicks to choose from anyway.
Preach man, best thing about (having been in this) and being in this for the long haul is realizing this. And just going back into the stacks and enjoying what you have.

imo it makes me appreciate a shoe way more if I got it for a steal, or at least have a story behind it that's not "I got pissed off and paid resell day of".

ontherocks1 ontherocks1 you get that answer via Nike chat?

I hope that guy knows his stuff and isn't just pulling things out his ***** cause that would be the best news for a lot of people in here.

@ontherocks1 you get that answer via Nike chat?

I hope that guy knows his stuff and isn't just pulling things out his ***** cause that would be the best news for a lot of people in here.
Yes Via Nike chat. I had to dispute a return and figured to throw out the air max question out of curiosity since im still salty about the L. There is still hope NTers.

:rofl: lol. Funniest part is this is 100% legitimate rationale for people to drop an additional $500-600 sometimes, whether they admit to themselves or not. 

Preach man, best thing about (having been in this) and being in this for the long haul is realizing this. And just going back into the stacks and enjoying what you have.

imo it makes me appreciate a shoe way more if I got it for a steal, or at least have a story behind it that's not "I got pissed off and paid resell day of".

Exactly. Also, there's nothing worse than paying resell to find what you wanted for a fraction of the cost later. I bought the Copper XVIIs last year for full price and now they're at the Rosemont Outlet for $160. That definitely put things into perspective.

Yes Via Nike chat. I had to dispute a return and figured to throw out the air max question out of curiosity since im still salty about the L. There is still hope NTers.

I would take that with a grain of salt... a lot of the time those CS reps have no clue what they're talking about

Exactly. Also, there's nothing worse than paying resell to find what you wanted for a fraction of the cost later. I bought the Copper XVIIs last year for full price and now they're at the Rosemont Outlet for $160. That definitely put things into perspective.

Yeah, I am going to wait and hope for a restock. If not, then Ill ID some colorways suited for me. No way I am paying even close to what they are asking for resell. People are full of ****, for this colorway that has been re released many times in many different forms.

Are the "Anniversary Red" pairs on Flight Club the same shoe as the OGs that just dropped? $375 there
i still dont know how to feel about the masters of air......
opinions?
whos coppin?

I love that gaudy stuff on an AM1s. Case in point, I beat these ugly things to death:

I think they will sell out, same day. Day 1 for me.

L**** S**********: Thats fine. Just one more question. This might be a long shot, but do you guys still have any Air Max 1 Anniversary Red in a size 12 in stock?
Karl: Thank you for bringing that up to us. I am currently checking our inventory for our anniversary shoe and we are currently sold out for this shoe but I am positive that Nike will be making more of this item as we've received lots of feedback to our consumers wanting to get a pair of this awesome shoes.

Nike CS reps have been known to be wrong, or just flat out make up stuff. I hope it's true, but doesn't make sense for them to do the OG drop in both colors, Masters, Atmos, Vapors, then try and throw in some more OGs there. They would be diluting their own buzz.

I'm looking to get a pair of these if I can, anyone know the going rate for a pair

I donated my pair last year. Wish I would have kept them. Doubt anyone is looking for $$$$. Actually looked on the usual resell sites yesterday but didn't see any.

Last edited:
These are the only Jewels that I want

The one and only pair of AM1 jewels I ever owned and I hated them. They had the quickest yellowing clear sole I've ever seen in my life haha. I gave em away after like 3-4 months.

Peace,
J

I would take that with a grain of salt... a lot of the time those CS reps have no clue what they're talking about

Nike CS reps have been known to be wrong, or just flat out make up stuff. I hope it's true, but doesn't make sense for them to do the OG drop in both colors, Masters, Atmos, Vapors, then try and throw in some more OGs there. They would be diluting their own buzz.

this is what I'm worried about.

the nike chat people dont have the information on this type of stuff so take whatever he says with a grain of salt

Back
Top Bottom