THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

with all those vintage clips, i take the opportunity to ask you guys, what sneakers/shoes were trending in the states before Air Max and Jordans? In France it was adidas superstars, stan smith mostly, but was curious about the states' case
UK back then I was rocking Pony Superstars and travel fox lol

1E1B60DC-0D0B-42CE-A2AF-853937C5ED57.jpeg

Wife iD me a pair as a surprise for Valentines. Patent doesn’t look as bad! I dig it. She did well.

Anyone know how to whiten up the mesh on the toebox? Ive cleaned my pair about 2 times but for some reason, theres a brownish tint to the mesh. Its pretty noticeable in indoor lighting. Heres a picture showing a DS pair and my worn pair

stuff the toe with a teri cloth...go over it again with simple soap/water/toothbrush and let it dry...preferably in front of a fan. that might help. as far as being bright white? forget about it

Yo I'm a fan. I played with the Premium options and that is one of the colorways I made. Hmm I might have to make them now. That upper looks plush.

They certainly came out nicer than expected on all fronts. She showed me the mock after ordering and I’ll admit I was a little worried, esp about the mudguard.

Kind of random but anyone with the DSM's that just came out actually test out the water resistance? Had a ventile cap and it was OK with light water but got saturated pretty easily.

so, i think to go on these two pairs... (after a lot of trying these are my favorites)

n°1 classic: white, cool grey & anthracite (I still hesitate, red bubble or not that is the question lol)
AM1ESS_v1a.png
AM1ESS_v4b.png
AM1ESS_v5c.png
edit: without red bubble
AM1ESS_v1a2.png

and n°2, more fancy
AM1ESS_v1a.png
AM1ESS_v4b.png
AM1ESS_v5c.png
I would like to order these this weekend... (AM1 with the new shape is my favorite sneaker :wink: )

Last edited:
it really seems like the sneakers (and more generally culture) trends in the us are related with basketball, and it's somehow unique
can't see europe youths wearing some football (soccer) indoor shoes :lol:
however, they somehow "stole" some big tennis brands (lacoste,sergio tacchini, lotto), and made of those brands' tracksuits and training gear the ghetto's outfit, altough i've never seen those guys play tennis lol

Wearing a tennis brand and not playing tennis is no different than wearing running shoes and not running, wearing yoga pants and not doing yoga, wearing a dive watch and not diving, driving a SUV only ever on city streets, etc, etc. All stuff I see on a daily basis.

Wearing a tennis brand and not playing tennis is no different than wearing running shoes and not running, wearing yoga pants and not doing yoga, wearing a dive watch and not diving, driving a SUV only ever on city streets, etc, etc. All stuff I see on a daily basis.

Was saying that cause they have no relation with the sport itself, people wear football tracksuits because they have an interest at first, and by the time it becomes a trend...but at first you wearing it to represent your team for example.
Same thing with the basketball in the states.
However, for the tennis' case, the guys wearing Lacoste and Sergio Tacchini have really no relation with the sport itself...
Some clothings have became trends, but at first there is nearly always a reason at first: running shoes are more comfortable, yoga pants highlights the body's curves, etc
But now we are really far from the subject of this thread lol

Back
Top Bottom