THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Does anyone have any guesses as to how long Nike plans on putting the AM1 in the vault? When they did that with the Jordan 3 it felt like it was gone for a few months or a year max.
It was never established they were going in the vault. Only rumored.

The Maxxim 1 is an improved design of the original Air max 1. The midsole is made out of a different material that's lighter in weight and provides a more cushioned feel in comparison to the Air Max 1. The Air section at the heel is also redesigned on the Air Maxxim 1. Materials used on the upper part of the shoe are not the usual leather, mesh, suede, or nubuck found on the original Air Max 1. They're all lightweight and similar to the type you would find on more technologically advanced models made by Nike.

I feel like to say "improved design" is a bit of misdirection - I mean yes, that was NIke's intention but its far from..Purists will tell you that maxims are an abomination.
IIRC, Maxims were created back in like 09? as way to re-establish the silo as a performance shoe (re: phylon cushioning, flywire upper + the inclusion of Nike+ Chip).
You were actually meant to run in em

I hate them.

Saw these yesterday
https://www.footlocker.com/product/nike-air-max-1-mens/J9927100.html

J9927100_a1

Man, a Marshall's opened up near me in March. Went in there hoping to score a steal on shoes.

NOPE.

I went to search those shoes

Images of rifles came up

One too many x’s lol

Velcro strapped shown up above did gaze my interest. Has that Air Trainer II vibe

Still kicking myself for passing on these this winter when they were on sale.
If anyone wants to part with their 11/11.5 for a decent price get at me. Also looking for a pair of the Atmos "we love nike" AM1s in the same size

Dude...I'm really sorry you didn't post this a few days ago...because I too was in the same damn boat and felt your pain. Waited too long and needed an 11 as well.....

Randomly checked style code in Google the other day and this store called Tyler's in Austin, TX had them for $109 shipped and I was able to scoop a pair.

Unfortunately...all sold out now. I will most definitely keep a look out for you tho and shoot you a PM if/when I find more!

here's the link, may be worth checking every now and then this week:

https://www.tylerstx.com/men/shoes/...MIhfzp6p3B4gIVz8DACh2e4wfcEAQYASABEgIz4vD_BwE

download.jpg

I feel like to say "improved design" is a bit of misdirection - I mean yes, that was NIke's intention but its far from..Purists will tell you that maxims are an abomination.
IIRC, Maxims were created back in like 09? as way to re-establish the silo as a performance shoe (re: phylon cushioning, flywire upper + the inclusion of Nike+ Chip).
You were actually meant to run in em

I hate them.

I dont think Nike made the Maxim 1 with the intention of replacing the original AM1. Nike was trying to implement current technology into a classic shoe design and make a model that they felt was superior to the original from a performance standpoint. They successfully created a shoe based on their design and ideas. The shoe is lighter on the feet compared to the original, the materials/technology are similar to those used on current runners, added better cushioning/support, and still shares the silhouette of the Air Max 1. When you consider the purpose this shoe was made for, the design was an improvement. In no way does it look better than the classic, but I'd prefer to run in a pair of Maxim 1's over a pair of AM1's.

Back
Top Bottom