THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Man, Nike trying to act like these never existed. All product pages at retailers are deleted. Oh well, time to wait on the Sketches.

This whole thread wildin' on this issue RN. This isn't a hard thing to wrap your head around on why it could potentially get pulled.

'Black & Tans' got pulled because something similar in Irish culture. Sure it was made with a drink as inspiration, but it also had other not so savory Irish ties as well. A reach on reasoning but ultimately was understandable.

WTF makes this take stupid exactly? Which end are you even disagreeing with? Slavery sucked or the Holocaust sucked? You only get two options here. Please, humor me.

Colonial flag has something to do with slavery? You're that dense? Why is the colonial imagery a problem now? Nike has used it on apparel and footwear for years. Snowflakes like you get triggered by a flag? Soft. USMNT/WNT and USA Basketball has had uniforms with colonial inspiration.

Colonial flag has something to do with slavery? You're that dense? Why is the colonial imagery a problem now? Nike has used it on apparel and footwear for years. Snowflakes like you get triggered by a flag? Soft. USMNT/WNT and USA Basketball has had uniforms with colonial inspiration.

Yup- time to remake all of our dollar bills also because the presidents on them were from time when (fill in the Blank) took place.

I’ll be unreasonably angry if those USAs ship. FNL and everyone else removed them from the calendars and I talked to Champs, JD and Footlocker the other day in store. Nobody even knew about these shoes.

Then I’ll realize how stupid I’m being and another shoe will be on its way soon. Woosah.

Todays wear at work

20190628_121828.jpg

You danced around my question like you were on Broadway my guy. :D

Before I do this quick rationalization and correlation on the companies rationalization, I'd like to note that
  • A. I never said I had an issue with the shoe and
  • B. you and everyone agreeing with you understands the parallels that are being made and that I'm going to point out again here:
Colonialism - 1858 to 1947
Slavery - 1607 to 1776 (Independence for "All" in theory, practiced in about half of the states)
Betsy Ross Colonial Flag - 1792
Emancipation - January 1, 1863 (not yet)
Juneteenth - June 19, 1865

Our only point here is that we all can understand why it was pulled. That **** is nested right in the middle of southern Americans completely ignoring the freeing of black people and then had to have two completely separate events occur for those people to be forcibly freed essentially. I mean, Juneteenth legit just passed about a week ago. It's fresh. Again, if his opinion is going to be stupid you would need to completely ignore and or not care about the WHY. Nothing about his statement is irrational or even a reach. Both are perfectly reasonable.

Someone else previously pointed out that the 'swastika' symbol actually pre-dates Nazism. If Nike was to use that symbol in ties with it's original religious or early settlement civilization use, it would still receive heavy criticism as "Use of the Nazi symbol" for no other reason than association.

Sure it's not the Confederate Flag (I really hope we don't have to debate that flag, why it DEFINITELY shouldn't be apart of anything and why that 'Southern Pride' line is an absolute lie), it just happens to be created in the middle of a lot of really racially unequal **** in the US. REALLY UNEQUAL

Sneakers have been pulled for less. **** I'm wearing the 'Un-Heaven's Gate' SB Dunks RN since the original mock up got canned for reasons. Shoes get pulled all the time B.

TL;DR - I hear what you're saying with the personal attacks and I'm not sure why this shoe is setting you off so much, but it ain't that serious bro. Just check the correlation. It's there and that correlation is the primary reason for the decision.

You danced around my question like you were on Broadway my guy. :D

Before I do this quick rationalization and correlation on the companies rationalization, I'd like to note that
  • A. I never said I had an issue with the shoe and
  • B. you and everyone agreeing with you understands the parallels that are being made and that I'm going to point out again here:
Colonialism - 1858 to 1947
Slavery - 1607 to 1776 (Independence for "All" in theory, practiced in about half of the states)
Betsy Ross Colonial Flag - 1792
Emancipation - January 1, 1863 (not yet)
Juneteenth - June 19, 1865

Our only point here is that we all can understand why it was pulled. That **** is nested right in the middle of southern Americans completely ignoring the freeing of black people and then had to have two completely separate events occur for those people to be forcibly freed essentially. I mean, Juneteenth legit just passed about a week ago. It's fresh. Again, if his opinion is going to be stupid you would need to completely ignore and or not care about the WHY. Nothing about his statement is irrational or even a reach. Both are perfectly reasonable.

Someone else previously pointed out that the 'swastika' symbol actually pre-dates Nazism. If Nike was to use that symbol in ties with it's original religious or early settlement civilization use, it would still receive heavy criticism as "Use of the Nazi symbol" for no other reason than association.

Sure it's not the Confederate Flag (I really hope we don't have to debate that flag, why it DEFINITELY shouldn't be apart of anything and why that 'Southern Pride' line is an absolute lie), it just happens to be created in the middle of a lot of really racially unequal **** in the US. REALLY UNEQUAL

Sneakers have been pulled for less. **** I'm wearing the 'Un-Heaven's Gate' SB Dunks RN since the original mock up got canned for reasons. Shoes get pulled all the time B.

TL;DR - I hear what you're saying with the personal attacks and I'm not sure why this shoe is setting you off so much, but it ain't that serious bro. Just check the correlation. It's there and that correlation is the primary reason for the decision.
In all fairness, we don’t know why they were pulled. Personally I think it’s a continuation of Nike’s QC issues and not meeting deadlines for production (hello Air Max Day). As it was pointed out before, all Philadelphia 76ers apparel and their logo would’ve been killed long ago if the 13 stars were considered to be in bad taste. I love this community and I haven’t been a member as long as I was a lurker, but let’s keep the love flowing.

In all fairness, we don’t know why they were pulled. Personally I think it’s a continuation of Nike’s QC issues and not meeting deadlines for production (hello Air Max Day). As it was pointed out before, all Philadelphia 76ers apparel and their logo would’ve been killed long ago if the 13 stars were considered to be in bad taste. I love this community and I haven’t been a member as long as I was a lurker, but let’s keep the love flowing.

QC issues seems doubtful as the reason considering a lot of stores received their shipments.

It wasn't production deadlines. These were shipped and in store warehouses and stock rooms. They were ready to be sold.

I've made my stance clear on the Colonials. But let's get back to AM1 talk for real. We all feel the way we feel and have our opinions. There are places to discuss this kind of stuff but the AM1 thread ain't the place. Nobody here is going to change any body else's mind on how they feel on the subject. Let's keep it moving. I do however plan on getting my hands on this shoe one way or another I like em that much. There has to be some that don't get sent back and hit the resell market right?

I've made my stance clear on the Colonials. But let's get back to AM1 talk for real. We all feel the way we feel and have our opinions. There are places to discuss this kind of stuff but the AM1 thread ain't the place. Nobody here is going to change any body else's mind on how they feel on the subject. Let's keep it moving. I do however plan on getting my hands on this shoe one way or another I like em that much. There has to be some that don't get sent back and hit the resell market right?
If you don’t mind paying $500+ StockX has some. Bleh

Buddy at FNL corporate said the reason they were given was QC, but as everyone else has said, very doubtful.. that being said, he also said it was not supposed to go up today so orders will be cancelled.

Does anyone know if they made fake air max 1 anniversaries? Sorry for the redundant question, I think i either got a super steal or just got stole.

No, either unfortunately I am being serious, or fortunately, I got real lucky. I just haven't received them yet to compare, but I couldnt pass up the deal!

Back
Top Bottom