THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I see whites under attack these days and I’m not white

giphy.gif

As soon as I saw the first images of the 13 stars I thought , cool idea . Than I realized the truly divided times we live in and thought , these are gonna not go over well with ALOT of people . How could Nike not have known that these would not go over well? Ooooh well

I guess we should just erase all history from the 17 and 1800’s and have it begin at FDR... oh wait, he interned the Japanese. We can’t have a shoe that has anything to do with that time period because Japanese sneakerheads will revolt...

I'm glad the flags were pulled when attention was brought to the fact that white supremacists have co-opted the Ross flag - I wouldn't expect Nike to use the "Don't Tread on Me" Gadsden flag for similar reasons.

But, I don't see how they would pull these and still produced/sold the Rebel Skulls, which have the same friggin logo as the Nazi SS concentration camp guards.
200px-SS_Totenkopf.jpg

Nike-Air-Max-1-1.jpg

I wouldn't wear either those or the Ross flags (and frankly, I've been so disgusted by this country recently that I don't wear flaggy stuff in general), but I don't get how they could see the problem with one problem logo, but not the other....
This skull graphic is actually Steve Prefontaine's High School’s logo and Nike has been using it on sneakers since he died as a to tribute him.

B7BSBNeCMAAmbdr-1.jpg

world-latin-america-48363024

hqdefault.jpg

670821AC-9BFB-448E-BF7F-2C56F7AF77E5.jpeg

A handful of times Nike has pulled product.
There’s probably more I did this off the top of my head.

This is not a one off thing.

Never seen members get this upset tho. Makes me think the only reason for these feelings is the perceived group that may take offense.

Looking funny in the light :smh:

Last edited:
B7BSBNeCMAAmbdr-1.jpg

world-latin-america-48363024

hqdefault.jpg

670821AC-9BFB-448E-BF7F-2C56F7AF77E5.jpeg

A handful of times Nike has pulled product.
There’s probably more I did this off the top of my head.

This is not a one off thing.

Never seen members get this upset tho. Makes me think the only reason for these feelings is the perceived group that may take offense.

Looking funny in the light :smh:
Basically

I really thought this issue was deaded like 3 pages ago.​
A simple Google search provided me with several instances when the flag was used by white supremacist groups and was banned from a Michigan high school because the students only brought it out when they played against a black team and wore MAGA hats as well.
"A simple Google search..." LMAO

I meeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...is it somehow NOT simple? Is it difficult to type that into the Google machine? Or did you somehow get different answers to YOUR google search?

I never understand these kind of responses. Literally handed the answers to your questions on a plate, only to scoff at them without consideration. WTF is the point? It's responses like this that derail any productive debate from happening and provide 0 insight.

Back
Top Bottom