THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Finally had these show up today. Love the materials on them, few imperfections but not much I can do about that. For some reason though they feel like they fit different to all my other AM1s. Kinda wish i went up half a size. Still an awesome looking shoe though!
ACAD5CFE-3875-4790-A0FF-F44D059DF3A2.jpeg

I had to size up

No, just the different colored (CNY 2020 printing) slide-out box and shiny mylar wrapping paper around the shoes.
Thank you

I really want a “what the” pair, from scraps, but finding it hard to justify 1k or so

Last edited:
M Bespoke Studio is a bit of a different animal. Marko (M Bespoke Studio) is a super nice guy, so I'm not looking to make this come across as negative in any way. Marko isn't a craftsman that makes bespoke shoes by hand, like other bespoke makers. Marko is a seasoned footwear designer with lots of experience and connections in the footwear production industry. He lives in China and works with footwear production daily. He has used this situation to create a unique "setup" for making custom Air Max 1s. He uses legit donor outsoles and midsoles, just like any other bespoke maker, and then has the upper and assembly done by a regular production team. Thus, his shoes come out looking absolutely like a factory product, because... well... it is. I have had Marko do shoes for myself, and the quality is just like a pair from Nike (when they're good, that is). Marko is a good guy to work with and I have only seen good work from him. For those interested, his pricing tends to be slightly lower than other top tier bespoke makers that do this by hand (ie Vijz, Bespoke IND and such), but they're still a lot of money compared to regular Nike releases, of course. You can check out some of his stuff in IG @mbespokestudio.
Vijz mbespoke and bespoke ind are outside of nike industry leaders for sure

I was told yest that because of Lunar New Year production wont resume til the 9th. I have delayed status on my AF1 ID order. Air Max 1 has started but no update on that one
dang that sucks, that's not too bad of a delay though.

The Chinatowns exceeded my expectations. I hope Nike continues to bring this kind of creativity and energy to AM1s. If I had anything less than positive to say it would be that these deserve a better box than the standard. They do fit a bit large but it’s very similar to the Tokyo Maze and Animal 2.0 fit, where they both stretched slightly. So many great details on this sneaker but a couple of my favorites are the two tone mudguard stitching and the red toe box material that sparkles in the light. Now that prices have dipped a double up may be necessary.
7677E91F-CB86-49A0-81F4-DD9FDEF2EEC1.jpeg
9B0955FC-5A22-4A8D-A83F-ABEADDB3B3F8.jpeg
323CC476-9B48-49FE-8FD1-021FC56D03DA.jpeg
0B1E2033-9EB2-4285-8F0F-756965149520.jpeg
5A5DBB2C-DB9B-4821-A121-758293EB6608.jpeg

The Chinatowns exceeded my expectations. I hope Nike continues to bring this kind of creativity and energy to AM1s. If I had anything less than positive to say it would be that these deserve a better box than the standard. They do fit a bit large but it’s very similar to the Tokyo Maze and Animal 2.0 fit, where they both stretched slightly. So many great details on this sneaker but a couple of my favorites are the two tone mudguard stitching and the red toe box material that sparkles in the light. Now that prices have dipped a double up may be necessary.
7677E91F-CB86-49A0-81F4-DD9FDEF2EEC1.jpeg
9B0955FC-5A22-4A8D-A83F-ABEADDB3B3F8.jpeg
323CC476-9B48-49FE-8FD1-021FC56D03DA.jpeg
0B1E2033-9EB2-4285-8F0F-756965149520.jpeg
5A5DBB2C-DB9B-4821-A121-758293EB6608.jpeg
Yea was kinda weird the pink one came in a special box and those didn't.

I had to size up

Yeah I should have asked on here haha. Its hard when you cant try em on before buying, I watched a few youtube reviews of them and they all said go TTS. I had the same issue with my Crepe pack AM1s. I guess all AM1s that use different material to normal form now on ill go up 0.5-1 size

Yea was kinda weird the pink one came in a special box and those didn't.
Would like to see anyone who got the Longevity post a ton of pics and give their own review. I know there’s videos on youtube but I’d rather have the opportunity ask questions or just engage in a conversation about them.

Price on the Longevity are dropping! Would like to own them but not sure I would get more than maybe 1 or 2 wears a year out of them. Hmmm....

I remember several ppl here had most, or all of the recent pinnacles from a couple years ago.
Shot in the dark - but if will ask if anyone has both of these colorways: Can you post side by side or "real" photos - like unfiltered pics?

Just trying to get a good view of what this particular one really looks like. I'm having trouble grasping what they really look like from photos online.

BLACK/ANTHRACITE-DK GREY-SAIL (859554-004)

vs

BLACK/BLACK-BLACK-SAIL (859554-003)

Missed the boat of these. Only had the sail and men's mushroom. But sort of wanting a simple black lately. Thx.

I remember several ppl here had most, or all of the recent pinnacles from a couple years ago.
Shot in the dark - but if will ask if anyone has both of these colorways: Can you post side by side or "real" photos - like unfiltered pics?

Just trying to get a good view of what this particular one really looks like. I'm having trouble grasping what they really look like from photos online.

BLACK/ANTHRACITE-DK GREY-SAIL (859554-004)

vs

BLACK/BLACK-BLACK-SAIL (859554-003)

Missed the boat of these. Only had the sail and men's mushroom. But sort of wanting a simple black lately. Thx.
Hope these pics address your question.
3AAD0A0C-6A5A-4058-A22D-127170002630.jpeg
16AAF8FA-A475-4791-895D-54EF0714721A.jpeg
821F99D4-E9C1-4B62-8F87-C49B560C19FE.jpeg

Anthracite pair (R shoe), aside from the contrast in tones, is comprised of nubuck (mudguard/heel/swoosh) and regular leather (quarter, toe, u-throat). Versus the black pair (L shoe) is entirely made up of the deeper black leather.

Note: the sail laces in the anthracite pair are from the second set it comes with. (Black pair does not have a second set)

I’m convinced you have everything :D Really just want to know how they fit, if they’re comfortable and would you recommend them?
haha I wish. I haven't tried them on yet so idk. I can tonight if you want me to though. As for recommending them, that's on you. Personally I think they are ugly af :lol: but we all like different things. Box and paper are dope though.

Back
Top Bottom